English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Finally the first 2 of the Everton squad have come off TB and can be sold! :D

Only the 2 for now but should at least raise a few million to allow me to start building up the youth squad in preparation for the long climb out of the abyss caused by the previous manager....players available are Tony Hibbert and Antolin Alcaraz in case anyone is a fan ;):rolleyes:

Please don't push for surviving relegation.... i'm trying to survive relegation.

Preston are through to the Quarter Finals of the Europa League.

Also after 5 wins in a row we have jumped up to 3rd, seven points off top. Could I win the league in potentially my last season in permanent charge? With the recent spate of club wreckers I dont want to leave, but also dont have the time to be social and negotiate transfers.

Cheltenham Town beat Newcastle United 2 - 1 in their Division 3 fixture.

Mané scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Nani was also on the scoresheet for his side.

30 matches in the season and little Cheltenham keeps pushing for promotion and even for the tittle in Division 3! We're 3rd placed, same points as 2nd Northampton, and just 3 points behind leaders West Ham. It's been an amazing season for us, specially considering we came from Division 4 last season. A play-off spot looks assured for us atm as we have a 11 points lead over 7th, only 8 matches to go!

West Bromwich Albion beat Colchester United 3 - 0 in their Division 4 fixture.

De Jong scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Rose was also on the scoresheet for his side.

West Bromwich Albion are doing pretty well after their 4th win in a row last night. After the win last night WBA are now in 6th which means we are qualified for playoffs if we continue our good form. :D

I manage to sneak away with a 1-0 win over Nottingham Forest in the league.

My new signing, Bangoura Lass scored the winning goal in the 69th minute.

My team is starting to work well together, and the tactics are working well at the club, just hope to string more wins together, and carry on the push up the table.

Nerve racking moments at Carlisle.. just hovering above them relegation places, haven't slipped into them yet but knowing my luck we'll drop into them on the final day.

Picked up Joaozinho from FC Krasnodar for £7m under the noses of Brentford who also had a bid in for him - seems to be good value for money for the time being.

Will be in the market for new faces between now and the begin of next season. Joel Matip may be available, had a lot of interest in him throughout my Carlisle career and have always been reluctant to sell, but feel it may be time to let him move on and change the squad around a bit. Think I only want to really keep hold of Okore, Cresswell and Lasogga tbf.

\

Picked up Joaozinho from FC Krasnodar for £7m under the noses of Brentford who also had a bid in for him - seems to be good value for money for the time being.

Knew i should have attempted to out bid you :(:( i had so many other potential risers, and really did not want to waste 7 mill on him...regretfully i wish i did. congrats on getting him

Oh what a win for the mighty Rovers! 3-0 against City with Cristaldo scoring once and Montillo netting a brace. Play-Offs seem too far off so it seems this season has become about building for the promotion charge next season...

In other news Ibrahim Afellay and Joe Ledley have joined the club...

Record breaking Preston in late title charge

Preston North End moved to within one point of league leaders Darlington after a 5-2 victory over Fulham at Craven Cottage, their ninth straight victory.

Two goals from Ricky Lambert helped Preston to victory, with Bale, Henderson and captain Steven Gerrard adding to the veteran strikers tally. Clint Dempsey gave the home side the lead after 24 minutes, but it was all one way traffic besides Luciano Becchio's second half goal. Lambert's total for the season is now 17 goals, three goals behind team-mate Stevan Jovetic in the race for the Golden Boot.

The gap has been cut by six points in a matter of a week, with Darlington losing two straight games. Darlington lost 4-2 to fellow top four side Manchester City, with Radamel Falcao scoring to bring himself level with Jovetic on 20 goals. Franck Ribery scored a brace, with Jakub Blaszczykowski making it four. Leaders Darlington pulled goals back through Aaron Ramsey and Luis Suarez, but look in danger of throwing away a title that looked certain to be theirs.

Tranmere Rovers climb out of the relegation zone at the expense of their opponents Burnley, winning 1-0 at Prenton Park. Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored the only goal of the game for Rovers, who have had a disappointing season under new manager Syed Shah. Defeat sees Burnley drop into 18th, one point behind Fulham.

Manchester United climbed into the Champions League spots with a 3-2 victory over Sunderland at the Stadium of Light. A brace from Cristiano Ronaldo took his season tally to 19, with Xavi's second half goal proving decisive. Goals from Iker Muniain and Tomas Pekhart either side of half time had given the Black Cats the lead, however the team from the North East are still looking nervously over their shoulder at the relegation fight.

Coventry look likely candidates for the drop after a 1-0 defeat at home to fellow drop zone side Millwall. Wilfried Bony netted only his second goal since his transfer from Shorpe. The Sky Blues are now four points away from Millwall, who themselves are three points from safety.

Southampton look to finish a disappointing season in mid table despite a 5-2 victory over Spurs at White Hart Lane. A double from Stephan El-Shaarawy set the Saints on their way, with further goals from Antoine Griezmann, Nico Gaitan and Gerard Pique sealing victory. Spurs briefly restored parity at 1-1 through Karim Benzema and Mikel Arteta made it 3-2 to Southampton however defeat sees the London side drop out of the top four.

Dean Bryan enjoyed a successful return to his former club as his Derby side thrashed Charlton 4-1 at the Valley. Etienne Capoue gave the Addicks the lead after just two minutes, however a brace from Lewis Holtby either side of goals from Grzegorz Krychowiak and Shinji Okazaki secured victory for the Rams and Bryant, who managed Charlton for 250 games.

Sheffield Wednesday kept their faint hopes of European football alive with a 2-0 victory over Norwich. Goals from Miguel Veloso and Ruben Castro gave the former champions victory at the expense of the Canaries who look set for a midtable finish.

Arsenal beat Chelsea 2-0 in a derby clash which didnt live up to expectations. Andres Iniesta and Robert Lewandowski scored for the Gunners however not much else happened in a dead rubber game towards the bottom of midtable.

Crewe Alexandra and Liverpool drew 0-0 in the only draw in the First Division. Crewe keeper Steve Mandanda was on top form to deny the visiting strikers, with Mario Balotelli failing to take advantage of the chances given to him.

Division One Table:

1. Darlington 65pts

2. Preston 64pts

3. Man City 60pts

4. Man Utd 53pts

-------------------

5. Tottenham 52pts

6. Crewe Alex 51pts

7. Sheff Wed 50pts

8. Charlton 48pts

Top Scorers:

1. Stevan Jovetic - Preston 20

2. Radamel Falcao - Man City 20

3. Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd 19

4. Luis Suarez - Darlington 17

5. Ricky Lambert - Preston 17

6. Arjen Robben - Tottenham 15

7. Teo Gutierrez - Fulham 15

8. Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Derby 14

Top Assists:

1. Gareth Bale - Preston 22

2. Radamel Falcao - Man City 19

3. Karim Benzeam - Tottenham 15

4. Gokhan Inler - Crewe 15

just had a disaster...

said 79/80 teams were taken, shorpe being the free team, went on their team said unmanaged so didn't think had been offered out, and seeing them a divison above me, in the play-offs and a much better squad, i quit my bristol rovers (was only with them a week or two so no deep attachment), went to take over at scunny but now it says 80/80 are taken so either they were on offer the whole time or someone's been quick and taken them....

either way if anyone has the offer for either i'd be happy to just get back in the setup

just had a disaster...

said 79/80 teams were taken' date=' shorpe being the free team, went on their team said unmanaged so didn't think had been offered out, and seeing them a divison above me, in the play-offs and a much better squad, i quit my bristol rovers (was only with them a week or two so no deep attachment), went to take over at scunny but now it says 80/80 are taken so either they were on offer the whole time or someone's been quick and taken them....

either way if anyone has the offer for either i'd be happy to just get back in the setup[/quote']

20f6t95.jpg