English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Carlisle drop into the relegation places with one game to go following a 2-0 away defeat against Leicester City. Need to beat 19th placed Aston Villa on Wednesday and hope Walsall drop points, can stay up on GD.... I think.

Don't deserve to stay up, but not often I endure relegation.

Arguably my biggest game at Carlisle....

after discussions re possible transfers with a few managers, I've decided to keep definitely keep James Ward Prowse, for now.

May still trade out Danny ings if anyone has an offer for me, in particular looking for a good LM and CB

Willing to also part with one of my 2 89 rated CF's - Emenike or Guerrero, if anyone is interested

North End title challenge over after humiliation at Darlington

Preston North End's late run for the title is over after a 5-2 drubbing at the home of champions-elect Darlington.

With both teams tied on 71 points ahead of kick-off, all eyes were poised on the Darlington Arena, with the winner taking a huge advantage going into the last round of games. However with the home side winning convincingly, North End would require a 19 goal swing in their favour in the last round of games.

Preston took the lead against the run of play through Saido Berahino, a surprise name in the starting XI replacing 18-goal Ricky Lambert. Making only his fourth start of the season, the 21 year old controlled the cross with his chest before sidefooting past Sven Ulreich to silence the home crowd. Preston only had the lead for ten minutes, Joshua Guilavogui heading past De Gea and by the half hour Darlington had made it 2-1 through Diego Costa. Berahino scored his second goal of the season to draw the sides level ten minutes into the second half however Darlington finished strong, with Costa, Alexis Sanchez and Xabi Alonso making the game secure and breaking the travelling supporters hearts. Preston will have to make do with 2nd place, however take a 6-1 lead into their Europa League second leg tie with Eintracht Frankfurt.

Around the Grounds

With a game to go, we know where the title is going, who has qualified for the Champions League and who have dropped out of the Premier League. Here's the scores for the rest of Division One:

The most anticipated tie of the final round of games is at Old Trafford where the two Manchester sides meet to see who will qualify automatically for the Champions League group stages. Man City moved into 3rd place with a 3-0 victory over Millwall, who were consigned to relegation. Radamel Falcao moved into 2nd place in the Golden Boot standings with his 22md goal of the season, with further goals from Torres and Claudio Pizarro sealing Millwall's fate. Man Utd were held to a 0-0 draw away at Crewe, whose slim hopes of Champions League football were ended by the stalemate.

Burnley beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 at Hillsbrough however the Clarets will be playing in the second tier next season due to other results. Xherdan Shaqiri netted his tenth goal of the season for the visitors, with Alexandru Maxim scoring to earn victory but ultimately a return to Division Two after just a season.

A late goal from Romelu Lukaku was not enough to prevent relegation for Coventry as they drew 2-2 with Derby at the Ricoh Arena, amid a hostile atmosphere with play interrupted for several minutes during the second half due to protests regarding the running of the club. Klaas Jan Huntelaar scored the opener for the Rams before Edin Dzeko equalised for the Sky Blues. Derby looked set to return home with 3 points after Keisuke Honda's 80th minute freekick however Lukaku's goal, shortly after play was resumed, restored parity. A winner would still have relegated Coventry after Sunderland won at home to Tranmere.

Sunderland and Tranmere both achieved safety despite Rovers losing 2-0 at the Stadium of Light. Danny Graham and Ander Herrera netted for the Black Cats, with Radja Nainggolan leaving the filed injured for Tranmere. Tranmere drop a place to 16th however with a five point gap to 18th.

Carlisle just couldn't do enough to avoid relegation as they were held by Aston Villa at Brunton Park. The future of manager Dan Tomlins is now being questioned and it is unknown whether the Englishman has a future at the club following 257 games.

Carlisle just couldn't do enough to avoid relegation as they were held by Aston Villa at Brunton Park. The future of manager Dan Tomlins is now being questioned and it is unknown whether the Englishman has a future at the club following 257 games.

Shame to see you leave if you do

Season is over and i'm leaving, because i need to reduce my teams. My journey at Cheltenham was great, promotion from Division 3 in first season, and now a 3rd place in Division 3 in my second season. Shame we did not get direct promotion, we were really close and probably deserved it, but unfortunately we failed to win our last match even if we dominated it. We fainted away in the play-offs after.

I feel sorry to leave, but i need to. Good luck everyone, it was a pleasure!

After coming so close to the title ive decided to stay one more season, as I'd be constantly regretting leaving having come so close. Willing to make some changes. Mirallas, Enrique, and Johnson can leave. I'm open to any offers so long as they are sensible. I don't need cash.

After coming so close to the you're ive decided to stay one more season' date=' as I'd be constantly regretting leaving having come so close. Willing to make some changes. Mirallas, Enrique, and Johnson can leave. I'm open to any offers so long as they are sensible. I don't need cash.[/quote']

Great news!

In Manchester United news:

In the last week or so we have made a few changes we have brought in the following players:

Danny Ings

Mattia Destro

Nemanja Matic

Though we have lost MBOKANI, ELKESON, N.ŞAHIN, FERNANDO, BAINES.

We are looking at lowering the age of the squad and i think these 3 signings and recent signing James RODRÍGUEZ shows this, next and final part of the starting eleven is a replacement for Xavi

Glen Johnson leaves Preston after 15 seasons at Deepdale. Despite being out of favour, he made 21 starts last season, and 456 apps in total. Getting £11m for him which despite me having loads of cash I think is a good deal as his part-ex value is really low seeing as he's getting on a bit and his Liverpool future is uncertain. Received a tempting deal for Mirallas and the only thing stopping me is that it includes a striker and I already have loads, but will take it if it is the only offer coming, so act fast if you want the Belgian.

Glen Johnson leaves Preston after 15 seasons at Deepdale. Despite being out of favour' date=' he made 21 starts last season, and 456 apps in total. Getting £11m for him which despite me having loads of cash I think is a good deal as his part-ex value is really low seeing as he's getting on a bit and his Liverpool future is uncertain. Received a tempting deal for Mirallas and the only thing stopping me is that it includes a striker and I already have loads, but will take it if it is the only offer coming, so act fast if you want the Belgian.[/quote']

Just do it! B)

Gotta get them back to back promotions so going for all first team now. Essien in, Adrian in, Campagnaro and Periera. Trading off potential for established.

Kevin Mirallas has joined Grimsby in their campaign for back-to-back promotions after a fee was agreed with Preston that saw 3M and Promising young Englishman Charlie Austin leave.

Austin will further his career, but Grimsby got auto-promotion by a point and will need a battle ready team here and now to survive let alone thrive in div 3, so the decsion was made to get in an established player in Mirallas.

Also Sobiech will be joining to rotate/cover leading the line with Mirallas on what is believed to be a one season deal.

Fulham have purchased Glen Johnson but run out of funds to get Evra so have sold Joe Cole.

Glen JOHNSON has completed his move to Fulham from Preston North End for £11,000,000
Joe COLE has completed his move to Tigre from Fulham for £2,575,000

Looking forward to the new season at Chelsea. Just put around five or six players on transfer list. These will be the only moves in the foreseeable future as it takes my squad down to 29 which is a nice manageable size.Good luck to everyone this season.

After the severe mismanagement of Everton by you-know-who, I've had to leave it late before bringing in higher-rated players so that I could sell the rubbish that was brought in for as high a price as possible.

Even then I was taking a hit of a few million on some players so between under-selling assets and vastly over-paying on droppers the previous manager has cost Everton tens of millions (as well as a place in D3).

The consequences of this are that the club has required a total rebuild; I've brought in a strong youth squad that can help regenerate the club but have also brought in some solid 84-86 rated players who will keep wages low but hopefully keep us competitive on the pitch :)

No great ambitions of fighting for promotion this season, main plan is that by keeping wages relatively low then with with (hopefully) decent crowds we can continue to invest in the youth team throughout this season and be in a much stronger position ahead of next season :D

After a rampant undefeated pre season, Grimsby are found out in their first ever div 3 match. Went up 1-0, But Brum polished us off 4-1 in the end. To be fair this brum team has no business in div 3 disgraceful they are down this far with that side!

Lost Livermore for a good 10 games :(

Fulham 1-2 Southampton

We lose the opening match of the season 2-1 to Southampton. Dempsey got our goal. Darren Fletcher had the captain's armband in this match and will look to hold on to it for a more permanent basis. Glen Johnson made his debut for the club and should play a big part this season. Despite the loss I feel we can steer away from being near the dropzone this term.

walcott for sale. Trying to recoup the 24M I just spent on Nani. Open to all kind of offer. in 3 days I will choose the best one. cheers

Id love him but i dont think there is any way i can even make a competitive offer. PM me ingame if Grimsby can offer something youd accept and we will talk, but sadly im not sure we could.

741.png

I am pleased to take over the reins at Roots Hall after making the tough decision to leave Northampton Town

Stu Lauder's 622 games in charge has put The Shrimpers on a very sound financial footing with excellent potential to evolve as a club

A thorough evaluation of the extensive playing staff will precede considerable transfer activity over the next week