English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

For those interested in fairness.

You may know that the GC1 Man Utd manager is a heinous cheat and has used his multiple teams to get 2 genuine managers banned from the newsfeed.

SM have let their premium gold championship go to wrack and ruin,

There is a short skit on it at the 259 blogspot

279england dot blogspot dot co dot uk

Lets keep an eye on the so called pope of GC1

Sorry to be off topic but we have to do something to restore fairness to this game

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

For those interested in fairness.

You may know that the Man Utd manager is a heinous cheat and has used his multiple teams to get 2 genuine managers banned from the newsfeed.

SM have let their premium gold championship go to wrack and ruin' date='

There is a short skit on it at the 259 blogspot

279england dot blogspot dot co dot uk

Lets keep an eye on the so called pope of GC1

Sorry to be off topic but we have to do something to restore fairness to this game[/quote']

think this is meant for GC1 hread buddy, and i cant move it :o

• 1 month later...

Im not dead!

Been very busy revising for my final, final exam. A few of you may remember I graduated last year so academically I am a pharmacist, but to actually be employed as a pharmacist you must pass a registration exam which is very intense and you only get a maximum of three tries.

Naturally my sides form has hit the floor, last seasons title runners up languishing in 17th place at half way. Plus the way the forum and game have been changed have made it increasingly difficult to use on my phone. I will stick it out for the rest of the season and then take it from there. I wanted to stay until 1000 games but if I'm not actually contributing to the setup then its not really fair.

• 1 month later...

I swear this is my first time logging in to this forum since they changed to the new look. A bit lost at first in finding this legendary thread but I must say I'm quite pleasantly surprise that this thread is not dead. I may not be active in the forum but I do play and made tactics changes in the game setup.

I'm really pleased with the performance of my club Derby County especially in the second half of the season which saw us climb up to respectable 6th place in Division 1. Even though I'm not really active in the transfer market, the squad looks really have improved over the past few months with some players' rating shoot up to be considered as first team such as Jose Luis Gaya, Grzgorz Krychowiak, Aissa Mandi, Dennis Praet and Shinji Okazaki. As the season coming to an end, I do plan to clear some of the dead woods including Sebastian Giovinco.

As for now, I'll focus on finishing the season as close to the top of the league. Good luck to everyone for the remaining of the season. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Preston maintain Premier League status ahead of Champions League Final

Preston North End brought a disappointing domestic season to a close with a 1-0 defeat to Wycombe Wanderers. Brazilian Kaka scored the only goal with just three minutes on the clock and Wanderers held on to finish in the top six. Preston had one eye on the impending Champions League final against Premier League Champions Manchester City, fielding a number of squad players, however it was a poor performance from the Lilywhites, with manager James Burrow expecting a lot more from his team on Tuesday as his side make the trip to the Santiago Bernabeu.

There has been no word from the club regarding Burrow's future at Preston. The vastly experienced manager has chalked up 985 consecutive games in charge of his hometown club, steering the Lilywhites to two FA Cups, one League Cup and one Championship title. Preston finished in 2nd place in the top flight last season but spent the majority of this season in the relegation zone and only a late change in form spared the team from a third top flight relegation during his time at the club. It is no secret that Burrow has said he will not manage another club in his career, and was thought to have retired a few years ago only to change his mind. A Champions League winners medal would leave hm with just the Premier League to win, but whether the board will allow him the opportunity to, we are yet to know.

Preston maintain Premier League status ahead of Champions League Final

Preston North End brought a disappointing domestic season to a close with a 1-0 defeat to Wycombe Wanderers. Brazilian Kaka scored the only goal with just three minutes on the clock and Wanderers held on to finish in the top six. Preston had one eye on the impending Champions League final against Premier League Champions Manchester City' date=' fielding a number of squad players, however it was a poor performance from the Lilywhites, with manager James Burrow expecting a lot more from his team on Tuesday as his side make the trip to the Santiago Bernabeu.

There has been no word from the club regarding Burrow's future at Preston. The vastly experienced manager has chalked up 985 consecutive games in charge of his hometown club, steering the Lilywhites to two FA Cups, one League Cup and one Championship title. Preston finished in 2nd place in the top flight last season but spent the majority of this season in the relegation zone and only a late change in form spared the team from a third top flight relegation during his time at the club. It is no secret that Burrow has said he will not manage another club in his career, and was thought to have retired a few years ago only to change his mind. A Champions League winners medal would leave hm with just the Premier League to win, but whether the board will allow him the opportunity to, we are yet to know.[/color']

Was hoping you would at least keep this one mate. MINIMUM 1000 games!

Took over Arsenal about two weeks ago.

Managed to bring in Jackson Martinez, Jordi Alba, Santi Cazorla and Aubameyang. With Lewandowski the only major depature since my arrival (Musa and Koneplyanka aswell to a degree). Very happy with the rebuild so far but still looking to sell Schweinsteiger and potentially Higuain for p/e. Have a load of cash too if anyone is selling for cash only :)

Took over Arsenal about two weeks ago.

Managed to bring in Jackson Martinez' date=' Jordi Alba, Santi Cazorla and Aubameyang. With Lewandowski the only major depature since my arrival (Musa and Koneplyanka aswell to a degree). Very happy with the rebuild so far but still looking to sell Schweinsteiger and potentially Higuain for p/e. Have a load of cash too if anyone is selling for cash only :)[/quote']

I would olve Higuain lol. Take a look at Grimsby though we are not a monster squad. if you can see any 2 for 1 ill probably come to the party. id love a marquee signing.

Arsenal won the Europa League with a 2-0 win over Charlton. Two free kicks from Iniesta was enough. My first trophy in 106 and ensures that the club will be playing in European competitions again next season. Will be looking to improve the squad even more before the season kicks off. I'll be throwing loads of offers around :)

I would olve Higuain lol. Take a look at Grimsby though we are not a monster squad. if you can see any 2 for 1 ill probably come to the party. id love a marquee signing.

Cant see anything mate :(. Really need/want two 91s for him at least, with one being a replacement striker.

• 3 weeks later...

Bale proves the difference as Preston win again

Preston North End moved two points clear at the top of Division One with a 1-0 win over Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Gareth Bale scored the decisive goal with a low free kick under the Fulham wall, which caught the home keeper Stekelenburg out. The Welsh international now has 10 goals in the league after just six games, and has single-handedly turned around the clubs fortunes, after they were nearly relegated last season. Preston were made to work for the three points, with Chris Smalling dismissed for two bookings within a 15 minute spell in the first half. We spoke to Preston manager James Burrow after the game:

"That was a hard earned three points against a very good side. Both sides had plenty of chances, and the only thing separating us is that we have a world beater in Bale. He has started this season in great form, not just with goals but with assists too. When one of their players was booked in the 3rd minute I could see that this game could descend into a card fest, and so I'm not surprised that Chris was sent off. He was a tad unfortunate that his only two fouls resulted in cards. Hopefully we won't miss him in the next game."

Preston now top the table by two points after Darlington could only draw with Manchester United. The Lilywhites are now six games unbeaten, and have won the last five games in a row. Next they face Sunderland who are in 16th place.

• 2 weeks later...

Grimsby Coasting along decently in the mix at the top of D3. Setbacks in Campagnaor drop (will still make a profit off his paltry 3M buy price whislt still at Inter so was always a risk) as well as Hosogai. However we needed depth so have picked up Capa (85) who should rise having a good season IRL and just got pos change to D,DM,M,AM,F ® which is WACK. Also got in BRaithwaite who is going okay at Toulose and might get a rsie and who will get rotated througfh the eleven with injuries and suspensions. Lastly we bailed on Hosogai and got a very appreciated loan in of Nascimento Jefferson to take our first XI LB spot.