English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, midfieldmaestro said:

Hi guys, anybody currently managing in 106 and is also on the forum? I currently manage Blackburn Rovers and have just been promoted back to Div 1.

I'm here too, Reading manager from Division 4. I try and provide updates here to keep the thread ticking over every now and then. The game-world has become full of 40-rep fake accounts unfortunately (probably all run by the same sad guy) so not as many active managers in there as could be. 

In terms of how my team is doing, we've had a bit of a poor run recently against other contenders and our lead (which we've held for most of the season) has been reduced to nothing. The only thing keeping us top at the moment is goal difference. 2 games left however and if we win those 2, we're definitely promoted so our fate is in our own hands. It'd be a shame though if we slipped up at this stage and had to take part in the playoffs after the very successful season we've had so far.

Keen to see how it turns out!

Capture.JPG

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread West Bromwich Albion The Story So Far Back on the 26th November a new manager was appointed at West Bromwich Albion, after a spell of 3 different

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Posted Images

8 hours ago, AArulz said:

I'm here too, Reading manager from Division 4. I try and provide updates here to keep the thread ticking over every now and then. The game-world has become full of 40-rep fake accounts unfortunately (probably all run by the same sad guy) so not as many active managers in there as could be. 

In terms of how my team is doing, we've had a bit of a poor run recently against other contenders and our lead (which we've held for most of the season) has been reduced to nothing. The only thing keeping us top at the moment is goal difference. 2 games left however and if we win those 2, we're definitely promoted so our fate is in our own hands. It'd be a shame though if we slipped up at this stage and had to take part in the playoffs after the very successful season we've had so far.

Keen to see how it turns out!

Capture.JPG

We will playing with the big boys next season :)

Screenshot (50).png

14 hours ago, midfieldmaestro said:

Just completed a mega deal for Rashford with Chelsea. Sane and Oyarzabal will be joining us at Blackburn after our promotion to Division 1. What do you think of the deal guys? ☺️

It's an alright deal for both sides imo, nobody's really losing out too much. I think you got the better end of the stick though, considering you got two world-class young players with high ratings to bolster your depth, in exchange for only one.

Incredibly disheartening end to the regular season for Reading, as we slip out of the automatic promotion places on the last day and into the play-offs. It's been a shocking run of form the last couple of games and what makes it even worse is that we were leading the league by a significant margin for the vast majority of the season. Our final match-day was a 1-0 loss to Walsall where we dominated the stats but their goalie had a blinder (10 rating) and we couldn't break through, while they scored with one of their few shots on target. Guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

Honestly not feeling too optimistic about the playoffs either - Cheltenham Town in 4th position have a new manager and their squad is better than ours, so if the guy knows what he's doing, they'll be tough to beat. Just got to take it a match at a time though and first up is our semi-final against Charlton Athletic who finished in 6th. We haven't lost to them at all this season so hopefully our good run against them continues this time.

All in all, a good season turned bad in the last few matches, but there's still a chance for the boys to redeem themselves and dig Reading out of Division 4 and propel the club to the higher divisions where it belongs. The club's spent too long in the bottom division due to mismanagement by other managers and long periods of no management at all.

Capture.JPG

Normally you jinx a side thats playing well but ive jinxed Bristol. They won their last 2 games and every other contender dropped points 🤪 I improved on last season's 8th place finish by ending 6th.

20201105_052137.thumb.jpg.aeddfe0a46f04d75631310117c483616.jpg

Vardy showing the youngsters he is still one of the best around. Skhiri also scored quite a lot from midfield.

20201105_052206.thumb.jpg.0775549c03c063a527fa238174bfa153.jpg

On 11/5/2020 at 6:23 AM, AArulz said:

Incredibly disheartening end to the regular season for Reading, as we slip out of the automatic promotion places on the last day and into the play-offs. It's been a shocking run of form the last couple of games and what makes it even worse is that we were leading the league by a significant margin for the vast majority of the season. Our final match-day was a 1-0 loss to Walsall where we dominated the stats but their goalie had a blinder (10 rating) and we couldn't break through, while they scored with one of their few shots on target. Guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

Honestly not feeling too optimistic about the playoffs either - Cheltenham Town in 4th position have a new manager and their squad is better than ours, so if the guy knows what he's doing, they'll be tough to beat. Just got to take it a match at a time though and first up is our semi-final against Charlton Athletic who finished in 6th. We haven't lost to them at all this season so hopefully our good run against them continues this time.

All in all, a good season turned bad in the last few matches, but there's still a chance for the boys to redeem themselves and dig Reading out of Division 4 and propel the club to the higher divisions where it belongs. The club's spent too long in the bottom division due to mismanagement by other managers and long periods of no management at all.

Capture.JPG

Unlucky mate, I wish you all the best for the play-offs.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:18 PM, Johan said:

Normally you jinx a side thats playing well but ive jinxed Bristol. They won their last 2 games and every other contender dropped points 🤪 I improved on last season's 8th place finish by ending 6th.

20201105_052137.thumb.jpg.aeddfe0a46f04d75631310117c483616.jpg

Vardy showing the youngsters he is still one of the best around. Skhiri also scored quite a lot from midfield.

20201105_052206.thumb.jpg.0775549c03c063a527fa238174bfa153.jpg

You had a good season bud. We are back in Div 1 next season, hope we have two good games in the league! :)

READING HAVE BEEN PROMOTED!!!

The club's lengthy spell in Division 4 is over, following a successful play-off campaign - a gutsy 1-0 win over Charlton Athletic at home in the semis, before a comeback 3-1 win over a strong Cheltenham Town at Wembley.

We were down 1-0 at half time in the play-off final, before our magnificent loanee, Cengiz Under, smashed in a second-half hat-trick to send Reading up. Looking at the stats, the result was fair but it must have been a nervy period for the team, falling behind and seeing the season and all its good form and achievements slip away to nothing. Thankfully, they put up a fight and we're up!

Next season in Division 3 should be interesting, stronger teams and more active managers abound. Our veteran defender, Tomáš SIVOK, is retiring at the end of this current season, so I'm glad we were able to send off such a good servant to the club with a career-highlight win. Alexander DJIKU has already been brought into the team to fill the gap left by SIVOK's departure, however.

Bit more work to do behind the scenes before the new season begins, but bring it on!

On a more serious note however, the flood of 40-rep accounts into the game-world continues. If it weren't for those and the 'mastermind' behind them clogging up the GW, we could bring in some more active managers and rejuvenate EC106. It's already well on the way to coming back, there's been more chatter in the newsfeed and here on the forum. The only thing left to do is expose the rat behind the cheating.

Anyone got any suspicions about who the main account/culprit might be? If you do, please explain why you think it might be that person, because we don't really want any unsubstantiated claims floating about either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2020 at 6:03 AM, AArulz said:

READING HAVE BEEN PROMOTED!!!

The club's lengthy spell in Division 4 is over, following a successful play-off campaign - a gutsy 1-0 win over Charlton Athletic at home in the semis, before a comeback 3-1 win over a strong Cheltenham Town at Wembley.

We were down 1-0 at half time in the play-off final, before our magnificent loanee, Cengiz Under, smashed in a second-half hat-trick to send Reading up. Looking at the stats, the result was fair but it must have been a nervy period for the team, falling behind and seeing the season and all its good form and achievements slip away to nothing. Thankfully, they put up a fight and we're up!

Next season in Division 3 should be interesting, stronger teams and more active managers abound. Our veteran defender, Tomáš SIVOK, is retiring at the end of this current season, so I'm glad we were able to send off such a good servant to the club with a career-highlight win. Alexander DJIKU has already been brought into the team to fill the gap left by SIVOK's departure, however.

Bit more work to do behind the scenes before the new season begins, but bring it on!

Congratulations mate and all the best for the new season!