English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Transfer Deal

Patrick VIEIRA has moved to Millwall from Chelsea on a deal believed to be around £9' date='000,000.

^^^^ Bleeding Hell Dave how did you pull that one off??!! Kept it quiet :o

:P[/quote']

I know like Dave and Simon he is getting on a bit, but I am Delighted to get a bit my class in squad, he is better than what I have got at the moment and at least I have a few more options in the middle. Pity Boselli had to go to fund him but that’s life.

Anyone want to share their gut feeling for their team next season ?- I plan to finish 15th

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Mrs Moses Age : Unknown Nationailty : PoshScottish Position : Missionary (7 years of marriage will do that to you) Preferred foot : Both - norma

Posted Images

I'll give you an idea of my England shortlist

-------------------GK-------------------

Robert Green - Sheffield United

Ben Foster - Nott Forest

-------------------LB-------------------

Wayne Bridge - Southampton

Stephen Warnock - Dynamo Kiev

-------------------RB-------------------

Wes Brown - Tottenham

Tony Hibbert - Middlesbrough

-------------------CB-------------------

Jonathan Woodgate - Sheffield United

Curtis Davies - Leicester City

Michael Turner - Watford

Ryan Shawcross - Port Vale

Michael Dawson - Stoke City

Steven Taylor - Tranmere Rovers

Michael Mancienne - Sheffield Wednesday

Roger Johnson - Rochdale

Miles Addison - Rochdale

-------------------LM-------------------

Matt Taylor - Doncaster Rovers

-------------------RM-------------------

Shaun Wright-Phillips - Leeds United

Leon Osman - Charlton Athletic

David Bentley - Aston Villa

-------------------CM-------------------

Michael Carrick - Man City

Owen Hargreaves - Crystal Palace

Jermaine Jenas - Sporting CP

Danny Murphy - Crewe Alexandra

Lee Cattermole - Walsall

Jack Rodwell - Rochdale

------------------Wing------------------

Joe Cole - WBA

Theo Walcott - Colchester Utd

------------------Fwd-------------------

Gabriel Agbonlahor - Birmingham City

-------------------CF-------------------

Emile Heskey - LASK

Carlton Cole - Fulham

Bobby Zamora - Kuban

Dave Kitson - Rochdale

Those bolded are wildcards as they dont play in the setup, so cant judge how well theyre doing.

Guest 1CapWonder

Could Jimmy Bullard force his way in with good form?? :o

Or is 87 your lowest rating limit? Understandable if it is...

EDIT: Oooooh. Have just seen Addison, Johnson and Kitson on the shortlist :)

Scrap that!

Could Jimmy Bullard force his way in with good form?? :o

Or is 87 your lowest rating limit? Understandable if it is...

Yeah, Im going off form in-game, not in real life.

I didnt pick Bullard as he was at external.

One thing which is apparent from that shortlist is the relative lack of English forwards in the setup. Theres Rooney, Defoe, Agbonlahor, and then no-one until Danny Sturridge and Danny Welbeck. Andy Johnson and Kevin Davies are available, and Cameron Jerome too.

Jimmy Bullard signs for Rochdale (providing the deal now goes through)

Delighted to have him' date=' gonna be a top signing and a top player to write about too!!!

Dave, as I've already made aware to you, I am not keen on the "friendly cup" idea. Don't mean to be a spoilsport but I honestly believe that the most should be made of what is already there. An extra friendly competition is likely to tarnish any reputation the FA and League Cup EC106 already has. Can no one remember Sean's incredible run to reach the final, in Division 4??? No one has attempted to rejig the competitions we already have and because of that, they are going to be left behind in an attempt to "create" ANOTHER competition!!!

To me, this seems crazy. This season, I am certainly prepared to put the time and effort into promoting the FA Cup, gathering together it's 106 history and posting fixtures, results so that upsets and big wins are not ignored, but recognised and commended. Of course, most will play reserve sides to begin with, but as Sean will tell you, the further you progress, the magic of the cup takes over, and it takes priority. Victories are earned and wins are cherished. This is what the 2 competitions are about, and we shouldn't throw them aside for a "friendly competition" What's all that about??!!

It should be pretty special, especially seen as all managers know each other, that Yeovil Town should play Millwall, and Tom gets the once in a lifetime opportunity to make a fuss of things, post a preview, get 106 behind him. Same should happen if my Rochdale faced Tom's Liverpool. Anything like this. The competitions we have are for money making and more than that, they go on CV's. Who is gonna pat you on the back for winning an EC106 friendly competition, when you could be going all out to win the shield or the cup??

Again, just my opinions. Sorry if I come on strong :o

To add, I was behind the Youth Cup, because it's something different. It's a chance to play the players that most probably will never play under you. It's a chance to test out your risers, to report on them, to manage them. It didn't work out last year because mistakes were made. Not enough time and effort was given to it, and the idea's were wrong (partly my fault) Squads shouldn't have to be named and so on. I'd be prepared to run and enter that, and give it more ooomf and care. I just can't back the friendly idea. I don't see it's purpose. Sorry lads.

I will as I said be making the most of the FA + League Cup, posting the draw, previewing the big games and possible upsets. I think that will only add to the league.[/quote']

For once i agree with your thoughts Elliot. :D

I feel that although it would mean that only the most active forumers would play a part in this comp, it could mean that the other comps are no longer warranted as anything special and yet thats where all the whole forum get to have a change of winning some special and different form the league.

Also i hate to dred how much effort you will need to put in to it dave like james former years. we wouldnt like you getting relegated becuase of it now would we dave :P

Yeah' date=' Im going off form in-game, not in real life.

I didnt pick Bullard as he was at external.

One thing which is apparent from that shortlist is the relative lack of English forwards in the setup. Theres Rooney, Defoe, Agbonlahor, and then no-one until Danny Sturridge and Danny Welbeck. Andy Johnson and Kevin Davies are available, and Cameron Jerome too.[/quote']

Forgotten Bent? he was in your england squad last time I checked.

Guest 1CapWonder

Forgotten Bent? he was in your england squad last time I checked.

Preview done Callum. And Bent's in his squad for good. That's his shortlist!!!

Guest 1CapWonder

Nice one' date=' I'll do the match report if you like? Probably be done sunday after my game.

Ohh, thanks for clearing that up :o[/quote']

I think maybe we'll wait to see who wins first... :P

I'll probably do something after the game aswell, so don't feel you can't if I do :)

For once i agree with your thoughts Elliot. :D

I feel that although it would mean that only the most active forumers would play a part in this comp' date=' it could mean that the other comps are no longer warranted as anything special and yet thats where all the whole forum get to have a change of winning some special and different form the league.

Also i hate to dred how much effort you will need to put in to it dave like james former years. we wouldnt like you getting relegated becuase of it now would we dave :P[/quote']

What do you mean back where i belong Tom :P

There seems to be a growing voice of dessention here, and thats fine. Maybe leave the cup for now and if the mood changes we could sort something out then :)

I'll probably do something after the game aswell' date=' so don't feel you can't if I do :)[/quote']

Don't get me wrong, I don't know what to expect. I have never won of the opening game of the season!

I'll enjoy reading yours and hopefully doing my own.

Cracking preview btw mate. Have to spread some first!

Guest 1CapWonder

Don't get me wrong' date=' I don't know what to expect. I have never won of the opening game of the season!

I'll enjoy reading yours and hopefully doing my own.

Cracking preview btw mate. Have to spread some first![/quote']

Don't worry about it. Just been trying to predict your starting line up. If it's anything as I expect, you'll have no player on the pitch rated 86. That's a bloody achievement and a credit to you :) I have no worries losing to a team like yours (providing you go on to win promotion :P) however, when a shambles like Oxford or Crewe turn up to Spotland, I will have a problem if we lose!

I'll probably do something after the game aswell' date=' so don't feel you can't if I do :)[/quote']

Btw Elliott, I cant back this up as SkyBet have stopped taking bets, but last time I saw, Keith Hill was quite high up the next PNE manager odds table.

Don't worry about it. Just been trying to predict your starting line up. If it's anything as I expect' date=' you'll have no player on the pitch rated 86. That's a bloody achievement and a credit to you :) I have no worries losing to a team like yours (providing you go on to win promotion :P) however, when a shambles like Oxford or Crewe turn up to Spotland, I will have a problem if we lose![/quote']

I've decided my starting line up, and you are correct. Thanks for the kind words pal, appreciated. You have a nice team there, a few seasons and you'll have a beast of a squad. Don't worry about Crewe, you may aswell give your youth team a run out, with the guarantee off 3 points. :P

Guest 1CapWonder

Btw Elliott' date=' I cant back this up as SkyBet have stopped taking bets, but last time I saw, Keith Hill was quite high up the next PNE manager odds table.[/quote']

Your joking??!! *Insert massive swear word*

That really isn't good news at all. I understand him being linked with it though. Local and he's not put a foot wrong with Dale. Took over in December 06 when we were 2nd bottom, and led us to 9th, a couple of points off playoffs. The season after that we came 5th and went to Wembley, last year we got 6th and a playoff Semi. This year we are about 16 points off 7th, streaking ahead at the top.

I thought Darren Ferguson would take it?? Either Preston or Bolton is his. He still has a house up here and would probably love to live closer to his Dad and brothers... Keith Hill though, blimey that would be a real shame :(

Your joking??!! *Insert massive swear word*

That really isn't good news at all. I understand him being linked with it though. Local and he's not put a foot wrong with Dale. Took over in December 06 when we were 2nd bottom' date=' and led us to 9th, a couple of points off playoffs. The season after that we came 5th and went to Wembley, last year we got 6th and a playoff Semi. This year we are about 16 points off 7th, streaking ahead at the top.

I thought Darren Ferguson would take it?? Either Preston or Bolton is his. He still has a house up here and would probably love to live closer to his Dad and brothers... Keith Hill though, blimey that would be a real shame :([/quote']

I reckon it will be Darren Ferguson. If theyve stopped taking bets, then someone must have been chosen, or so many people have backed one guy. The coach Billy Barr was second favourite, and hes a neighbour of mine.

Theres an organised protest outside the stadium tomorrow, gonna decide tomorrow whether to go.

Ameobi is officialy at Colchester now :)

Simon Church has agreed on a deal and will be coming soon :)

Andrew Carroll (CF/83) is available on loan :)

My Italy have beaten Serbia on penalties :D Netherlands next in Semi.

I will be happy to join the tournement :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Anyone interested in friendly match on 3rd Jan? I've been asking this for the fourth time but no one replied. :o

I will play you Dean, Oxford Utd.:)