• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread West Bromwich Albion The Story So Far Back on the 26th November a new manager was appointed at West Bromwich Albion, after a spell of 3 different

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Oh dear Elliot' date=' is this what happens when you sell off your best striker?;).

One goal in three games......(Bring Back Rickie Bring Back Rickie) banners were seen all over the Rochdale stadium as young Elliot's team couldn't score in a brothel :P[/quote']

Haha i just knew you mention that when i seen his post :L

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Haha i just knew you mention that when i seen his post :L

Well Zak, he gave me enough stick over selling Russell and Ricketts so just dishing a little back in his direction :D

Now I'm in dilemma whether to accept the first bid or the highest bid for some of my youth players. I'd first said that I'll accept the first bid but some bids are tempting. :o

EDIT: I've made my decision and I'll accept the highest bid. Apologies to whoever made the first bid. :o

EDIT 2: To be fair to everyone, I'll give some time before I accept bids. Sold Daniel Brosinski to Watford for 500k. Liam Cooper, Gianluca Nijholt and Nikola Saric are still available at starting price of 500k. Remember, highest bid will be accepted.

Unbelievable. Once again' date=' I dominate the shots, 30 to 12, and I lose 1-0.

Put Rodwell in the back 4, and he got a 3!!! ? A 3!!!

This is beginning to bug me a bit now. I don't want to change it around, because I'm constantly creating a ton of chances every game, put I've always been 2nd in the possession stakes and I can't score goals.

Nightmare :mad:[/quote']

yeah i dominated possesion 65-35. you dont see that in real life with the team with the least possession shooting that many times. i have seen it happen in other setups aswell. though i think its more a case of mess with best you go down like the rest!

Lost away to Yeovil 1-0 tonight :(

My 3 up front couldn't break down a tough-looking defence, tbh think i was guilty of playing a formation (3-4-2-1) to suit my highest-rated players rather than picking a formation that might've worked better tactically against Yeovil's wingers.

Also don't think 3-4-2-1 works so well when the CF is the lowest-rated attacker.

Credit to Yeovil though - i've not seen many teams have long-term success with wingers so it's good to see someone prepared to give it a go.

I've always liked the idea of 3-4-3 but it doesn't seem to work too well on SM.

3 Tough games against 3 tough opponents.Woned Wycombe Wanderers and Brentford but got spanked by Rotherham United.

Beat Brentford 2:1 today.Happy With it as i was down to 10 men after 13 mins. :D My no. 6 Younousse SANKHARE got 3 today,But Because he saw a red. :(

Good news is that Cattlemole is back from his Injury and is ready for games. :D

Have 2 easy Games coming up before i face Northampton Town. :D the next toughest game is against Yeovil Town :(

Lost away to Yeovil 1-0 tonight :(

My 3 up front couldn't break down a tough-looking defence' date=' tbh think i was guilty of playing a formation (3-4-2-1) to suit my highest-rated players rather than picking a formation that might've worked better tactically against Yeovil's wingers.

Also don't think 3-4-2-1 works so well when the CF is the lowest-rated attacker.

Credit to Yeovil though - i've not seen many teams have long-term success with wingers so it's good to see someone prepared to give it a go.

I've always liked the idea of 3-4-3 but it doesn't seem to work too well on SM.[/quote']

Thanks mate, i cant belive i won!!

And yes, 4-3-3 wingers is doing great for me!

So a shocking 4-0 loss to QPR means i am going to make some drastic changes in tactics

Your formation was off, yes, but if it's any consolation, I had forgotten to pick my team & tactics for the game. :o

Have to mention a pet peeve, though - the AI employed my 75-rated LB at RB, an 84-rated CB at LB and an 83-rated winger at CM. Result : the winger scored two, set up one, earned a rating on 9 and the Man of the Match award. :rolleyes:

Your formation was off' date=' yes, but if it's any consolation, I had forgotten to pick my team & tactics for the game. :o

Have to mention a pet peeve, though - the AI employed my 75-rated LB at RB, an 84-rated CB at LB and an 83-rated winger at CM. Result : the winger scored two, set up one, earned a rating on 9 and the Man of the Match award. :rolleyes:[/quote']

To be honest i didnt even know you had those players playing, talk about adding salt to the wound!

Altho if my team cant take advantage of that then we deserved to lose by that scoreline ;) Well done!

To be honest i didnt even know you had those players playing' date=' talk about adding salt to the wound!

Altho if my team cant take advantage of that then we deserved to lose by that scoreline ;) Well done![/quote']

Would've liked to have picked up my first win in a better manner, but whatever. ;) Good luck to you, too. :)

Had accepted bids for Liam Cooper, Gianluca Nijholt and Daniel Brosinski. Preston are currently top to get Nikola Saric but I'm still not sure whether the previous problem will happen again as SMFA block the transfer on two occasions whenever I accept Preston's bid for Saric.