English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Won 3-2 over Cardiff in a friendly match. My starting players are all below 22years, not including Nasri. Jan Vertonghen, Javier Pastore and Jonathan Dos Santos scored the goals.

Another good news are that Mario Gaspar and Kiko rose by 7 each which means their ratings are now 81 and 82 respectively. :D

EDIT: Welcome to EC106, Tom. :)

Just picked up Argentina ' date=' pretty chuffed with that![/quote']

I remember early last year I asked you about Bolatti, and you said he's quality, and will move to Europe. Well, he's signed for Fiorentina and some say he's on for a 86 - 88/89. So, thanks again Tom!

I remember early last year I asked you about Bolatti' date=' and you said he's quality, and will move to Europe. Well, he's signed for Fiorentina and some say he's on for a 86 - 88/89. So, thanks again Tom![/quote']

Yeah he'll get an 88.

If Viola didn't sell their centre mids they'd be stupidly good! Just in the last year they've had Montolivo, Kuzmanovic, Donadel, Bolatti, Melo. I'd be inclined to add Jovetic to the list, as he seems to fit in more as an AM. Who needs a defence or an attack (which they do have and is also out of this world!) when you have that.

Yeah he'll get an 88.

If Viola didn't sell their centre mids they'd be stupidly good! Just in the last year they've had Montolivo' date=' Kuzmanovic, Donadel, Bolatti, Melo. I'd be inclined to add Jovetic to the list, as he seems to fit in more as an AM. Who needs a defence or an attack (which they do have and is also out of this world!) when you have that.[/quote']

Cushty. :)

Can't please everyone though. I suspect that's why a few left, better offers and more game time promised. Is Bolatti going to replace Donadel? If so, Bar any injuries or/and bad form I could have a 90 rated player on my hands next year?

Cushty. :)

Can't please everyone though. I suspect that's why a few left' date=' better offers and more game time promised. Is Bolatti going to replace Donadel? If so, Bar any injuries or/and bad form I could have a 90 rated player on my hands next year?[/quote']

It's not replacing as such. Last season they had 4 cms, Montolivo, Melo, Donadel, Kuzmanovic. Kuzmanovic sometimes played on the right, but they really enjoyed having all the creativeness in the middle, and it showed with Gilardino getting 19 league goals, and Mutu 13. This season Donadel's had to play a lot more, and him and Zanetti aren't complimenting each other, they'd rather break up play than set up play, and Montolivo has had to do it all with the help of Santana, who isn't what he was.

I'd expect the Viola set ups to look like this in the middle.

Vargas - Montolivo - Zanetti - Bolatti - Marchionni

(When they go 3 at the back or 1 up top)

or

Vargas - Montolivo - Donadel/Zanetti - Marchionni

(When they go 4-4-2)

In answer to your question though, this time next year he should be 89/90, yes.

It's not replacing as such. Last season they had 4 cms' date=' Montolivo, Melo, Donadel, Kuzmanovic. Kuzmanovic sometimes played on the right, but they really enjoyed having all the creativeness in the middle, and it showed with Gilardino getting 19 league goals, and Mutu 13. This season Donadel's had to play a lot more, and him and Zanetti aren't complimenting each other, they'd rather break up play than set up play, and Montolivo has had to do it all with the help of Santana, who isn't what he was.

I'd expect the Viola set ups to look like this in the middle.

Vargas - Montolivo - Zanetti - Bolatti - Marchionni

(When they go 3 at the back or 1 up top)

or

Vargas - Montolivo - Donadel/Zanetti - Marchionni

(When they go 4-4-2)

In answer to your question though, this time next year he should be 89/90, yes.[/quote']

I hope they go 3 at the back then. Thanks for the info mate, appreciated.

What happened to Bolatti at Porto then? Didn't he flop and couldn't the same happen to him with Fiorentina? :o

Because they're two totally different leagues, and two very different teams. I honestly can't think of a midfield in the whole of Europe that he would fit into better than Fiorentina's.

Also, when he signed for Porto, he moved straight from Belgrano, and was out of his depth. He's now moving to Viola with 3 Argentina caps, the experience of a move to Europe where he has mistakes to learn from, and a years first team football at Huracan where he has been regarded as the best player there, and one of the best in the league.

Guest drseanfitz

Cant Believe Gary O Neill was a free agent wish I bought him' date='I found two premier league players who are free agents in no time,hopefully I can found one or two and they can add depth to my squad and sell them on for a profit later.[/quote']

theres more than that around:)

Cant Believe Gary O Neill was a free agent wish I bought him' date='I found two premier league players who are free agents in no time,hopefully I can found one or two and they can add depth to my squad and sell them on for a profit later.[/quote']

Give it 3 months and you'll be happy you didn't buy him ;)

Give it 3 months and you'll be happy you didn't buy him ;)

I have found a better player anyway,I seriously cannot believe how good some of the players are that are on the free agents list,if I was in the lower leagues I could build a whole side off free agents,I have even made a bid on one of the free agents as his rating is very solid and has played in the premiership for 15 years and his whole career,his hardly anything great but will give me some cover and a profit.:)

Just found another two' date='shame half of the ones I have found so far are players who play in positions I cannot use as well,just found a really good championship defender is a free agent too:)[/quote']

So have a few of us. Only really helps smaller clubs if you want to make a profit. Some good buys out there.

I have found a better player anyway' date='I seriously cannot believe how good some of the players are that are on the free agents list,if I was in the lower leagues I could build a whole side off free agents,I have even made a bid on one of the free agents as his rating is very solid and has played in the premiership for 15 years and his whole career,his hardly anything great but will give me some cover and a profit.:)[/quote']

Also, did you read my post on Forum PL '92 thread?

Guest drseanfitz

I have found a better player anyway' date='I seriously cannot believe how good some of the players are that are on the free agents list,if I was in the lower leagues I could build a whole side off free agents,I have even made a bid on one of the free agents as his rating is very solid and has played in the premiership for 15 years and his whole career,his hardly anything great but will give me some cover and a profit.:)[/quote']

Of course this chappie is on my shortlist, and I've just sold Bolat for 9 million, what to do, what to do??????

Guest drseanfitz

I know his on your shortlist Sean' date='most of the players I checked have been on your shortlist so far:p[/quote']

I actually removed 3 pages from my shortlist the other day, inclusing 2 prmier league free agents and O'neill. Down to just 9 page shortlist now.

Doubt I'll bid though. my chairman only values him at about 150k over the fee so it's not worth it for me, he'll never get a game, even in the cup. But he would be a great signing for a lot of teams.

Anyway signing my special little swiss guy so should be ok.

But I've said this before, it may be a highly competitive league etc, but there are still loads of quality players available(last time I mentioned it I usd Fyvie and Wotherspoon as examples, and within a week every scot under 21 had been signed:D)

Just read it' date='fair play to you for buying it and unlocking it:),how come you left Oldham?,you had something amazing going on there.[/quote']

It wasn't my main account and I forgot the email address lol. Was just a random one I'd done on hotmail.

You still in there Sean?

I actually removed 3 pages from my shortlist the other day' date=' inclusing 2 prmier league free agents and O'neill. Down to just 9 page shortlist now.

Doubt I'll bid though. my chairman only values him at about 150k over the fee so it's not worth it for me, he'll never get a game, even in the cup. But he would be a great signing for a lot of teams.

Anyway signing my special little swiss guy so should be ok.

But I've said this before, it may be a highly competitive league etc, but there are still loads of quality players available(last time I mentioned it I usd Fyvie and Wotherspoon as examples, and within a week every scot under 21 had been signed:D)[/quote']

Haha:),I knew who Fyvie was before he even got added to the database but I never got him added like he did with Souprayen,and there is real quality around as free agents and players who arent free agents and a side can be built up very quickly,who is this Swiss guy you are signing?

Guest drseanfitz

It wasn't my main account and I forgot the email address lol. Was just a random one I'd done on hotmail.

You still in there Sean?

yep. was thinking about quitting as we are down to just 5, and I've got way too many teams(just cut down from 22 to 11 teams), but if you lot are trying to get in there I might hold out and see if it livens up a bit

Guest drseanfitz

Haha:)' date='I knew who Fyvie was before he even got added to the database but I never got him added like he did with Souprayen,and there is real quality around as free agents and players who arent free agents and a side can be built up very quickly,who is this Swiss guy you are signing?[/quote']

Nassim BEN KHALIFA.

posted about him on the other thread. paid double his chairman value, but may be playing for Switzerland in the world cup. Of course this now means I've got about 200 attacking midfielders:D