English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

I'm prepared to pull the plug on Beckford and pull out. I've had a scrap piece of paper by my computer for so long, saying Beckford - 23rd January. How remarkable that it should also be the day I sign Macheda. With that in mind, I think I will pull out. As much as I rate him (and I really, really, really love watching him play. you learn so much :o) Macheda is more than a consolation. Happy bidding guys. I may well come back in the future to whoever snaps him up. I do hope it's Callum though, considering he was messed around a bit I guess re: Macheda.

Cheers lads :)

I'm prepared to pull the plug on Beckford and pull out. I've had a scrap piece of paper by my computer for so long' date=' saying Beckford - 23rd January. How remarkable that it should also be the day I sign Macheda. With that in mind, I think I will pull out. As much as I rate him (and I really, really, really love watching him play. you learn so much :o) Macheda is more than a consolation. Happy bidding guys. I may well come back in the future to whoever snaps him up. I do hope it's Callum though, considering he was messed around a bit I guess re: Macheda.

Cheers lads :)[/quote']

I still cant believe the deal you are getting. Everton are making a huge loss of over £10m on him.

That's strange. He replied straight away to me. I told him to give me a deal. He was asking for 2m and 2 76+ youths. I didn't really have that' date=' so I offered 3m (basically my entire budget) and Joel Ward (who I really didn't want to let go) and Golub (who also seems a very good young player)

We'll see how it goes. I just hope he see's it through as I noticed he was a little naive before. I think he's getting the hang of it now. Villa for Henry + Clichy isn't even that bad a deal. I actually think it's pretty good business :o[/quote']

He might of forgot, don't know. You've got a great player for a bargain.

I wouldn't sell Villa for that. A oldie who might be off to MLS next year and a clichy is good, but not world class. Depends how long you plan on playing the game for really.

That's strange. He replied straight away to me. I told him to give me a deal. He was asking for 2m and 2 76+ youths. I didn't really have that' date=' so I offered 3m (basically my entire budget) and Joel Ward (who I really didn't want to let go) and Golub (who also seems a very good young player)

We'll see how it goes. I just hope he see's it through as I noticed he was a little naive before. I think he's getting the hang of it now. Villa for Henry + Clichy isn't even that bad a deal. I actually think it's pretty good business :o[/quote']

I cancelled my other bid, of henry and queresma and made that bid.

Guest 1CapWonder

I am signing Beckford!!

Are you sure? :o

It seems Sean is also very keen.

He's an incredible footballer. He's an ideal Centre Forward. Big game player. Decent in the air. Fabulous movement off the ball. Very quick, but most importantly, a natural goalscorer. He's unbelievable. Would be ideal for Villa :o

Guest drseanfitz

He's an incredible footballer. He's an ideal Centre Forward. Big game player. Decent in the air. Fabulous movement off the ball. Very quick' date=' but most importantly, a natural goalscorer. He's unbelievable. Would be ideal for Villa :o[/quote']

:D got some cash to spend, and apparently a lack of Englishmen, so might as well make a move :D

He's an incredible footballer. He's an ideal Centre Forward. Big game player. Decent in the air. Fabulous movement off the ball. Very quick' date=' but most importantly, a natural goalscorer. He's unbelievable. Would be ideal for Villa :o[/quote']

I've lost out on to many players to Sean. Not this time.

Guest 1CapWonder

:D got some cash to spend' date=' and apparently a lack of Englishmen, so might as well make a move :D[/quote']

Great offer by the way. I'm seriously considering it. I may wait until the end of January, see what happens, although I may sell. It's a great offer.

Beckfordgate just got interesting. Liverpool in the mix, offers being withdrawn/made/withdrawn/made. It's gonna be a week before we finally have an answer. Whatever happens, I think we know big money is going to be paid.

Guest 1CapWonder

Hakan BALTA has moved to Everton from Plymouth Argyle on a deal believed to be around £7,000,000 plus Rechel SIDNEI.

Transfer Deal

Olivier GIROUD has completed his move to Everton from Burnley for £8,000,000.

Transfer Deal

Marcos CAMOZZATO has shocked Crewe Alexandra fans by moving to Everton for £12,000,000.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Great offer by the way. I'm seriously considering it. I may wait until the end of January' date=' see what happens, although I may sell. It's a great offer.

Beckfordgate just got interesting. Liverpool in the mix, offers being withdrawn/made/withdrawn/made. It's gonna be a week before we finally have an answer. Whatever happens, I think we know big money is going to be paid.[/quote']

Beckford for England.

Now Liverpool are bidding, I'm not so confident. I think part of its him getting revenge on me slating him via PM over his offer for Candreva.

Guest 1CapWonder

Beckford for England.

Now Liverpool are bidding' date=' I'm not so confident. I think part of its him getting revenge on me slating him via PM over his offer for Candreva.[/quote']

That would make sense. I was wondering why he wanted him, because in footballing/SM terms it doesn't seem like a win situation for Liverpool...

Anyway, the plot thickens B)

That would make sense. I was wondering why he wanted him' date=' because in footballing/SM terms it doesn't seem like a win situation for Liverpool...

Anyway, the plot thickens B)[/quote']

And he's only recently had him shortlisted. Hmmm I don't know!!

James, may I ask why? To much money for an 80 rated player you think? Your like Fergie. Not one to pay over the odds.

And he's only recently had him shortlisted. Hmmm I don't know!!

James' date=' may I ask why? To much money for an 80 rated player you think? Your like Fergie. Not one to pay over the odds.[/quote']

Wouldnt play at Preston, and because of my much higher rated forwards, my chairman was very strict with how much I can offer. Also, Im not as loaded as people make out I am.

Wouldnt play at Preston' date=' and because of my much higher rated forwards, my chairman was very strict with how much I can offer. Also, Im not as loaded as people make out I am.[/quote']

He'd play a role in cups for me. Plus he's going onto bigger and better things. I meant the fergie statement as a compliment btw, I'm normally like that, but I want him so much! Anyway, enough Beckord talk, the chelsea reject.

How's the manager of the month idea going?

Hello guys,

I was just wondering if you could help me cause im new to the forum.

I was hoping there would be a thread where it tells you how to do good match reports?

Also is there one on what tactics to use?

I have tried to search but cant find nothing.

Links would be nice.

Thankyou so much guys.

Sergio Sanchez for Candreva. That really did get on my knockers. Insulting.

He offered me £5m for Pedro and I just had a little giggle before promptly messaging asking for no more offers unless the £20m mark is reached. And I am fully aware that price is massively over the odds but this is purely to put potential suitors off bidding :)

I havent been up to date on the match reportering recently as I am busy looking for a job - my wonderful ex employers decided they have enough staff so was given the bullet with no explanation as to why other than they needed to 'move people on due to overstaffing problems' - lovely.

Anyway, I note Brentfords home form is shocking at the moment. Not sure why... I have won all my away games and lost all of my home games against sides I should really be beating. Nightmare!!

I like the idea I have noticed being thrown about the manager of the month award. Would this be based on votes from managers or possibly a panel of three or four managers (one from each division?) and they can decide based on performances etc?