English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

I've had quite a nice bid in for Jack Hobbs. If no more bids are sent in between now and eight o'clock tonight' date=' I will be accepting the current (and only) bid that's been made.[/quote']

Would bid but seeing as I'm without a first choice keeper and Huddersfield are being picky over £2m, I'll have to let him pass.

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons. EC106 in my opinion i

Posted Images

Guest 1CapWonder

Well, looks like a deal is pretty much done. I'm off to America, if all goes well, this Summer :)

Don't know how much it will affect by time on SM but I've been pretty quiet for my own good as it is recently. Hopefully, I'll be getting a laptop before I go out there so I'm certainly keeping my Rochdale. It might be a while before I'm back in the swing of things so I'll give it my best shot whilst I'm still here, but I've also got AS mocks coming up aswell as exams at the end of the year.

Anyway, it's a bit of decent news (at least knowing what I'm gonna do) to cancel out my embarrassment from last night...

Well' date=' looks like a deal is pretty much done. I'm off to America, if all goes well, this Summer :)

Don't know how much it will affect by time on SM but I've been pretty quiet for my own good as it is recently. Hopefully, I'll be getting a laptop before I go out there so I'm certainly keeping my Rochdale. It might be a while before I'm back in the swing of things so I'll give it my best shot whilst I'm still here, but I've also got AS mocks coming up aswell as exams at the end of the year.

Anyway, it's a bit of decent news (at least knowing what I'm gonna do) to cancel out my embarrassment from last night...[/quote']

Going to live in America? Or temporary holiday, good luck in your mocks, just finished a few of my GCSE's.

Guest 1CapWonder

Going to live in America? Or temporary holiday' date=' good luck in your mocks, just finished a few of my GCSE's.[/quote']

How did they go mate? Need you back on here. Actually, my Rochdale's probably better off with you losing more games (Keep revising mate :P)

Haha, seriously though, you'll have the papers we took last year. Not that easy for mocks I don't reckon, how's it going?

Going to play football out there... Wasn't my first choice really, but the setup is first class and the offer was too good to refuse in so many ways. At least my future's sorted. Not played a competitive game in so long (apart from school 1st's level, which is decent but nothing special as you probs know if you go to a school with 6th form)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Well' date=' looks like a deal is pretty much done. I'm off to America, if all goes well, this Summer :)

Anyway, it's a bit of decent news (at least knowing what I'm gonna do) to cancel out my embarrassment from last night...[/quote']

Elliot, good luck in America. :). As for the laptop, may I suggest you wait till you get over here before buying one, the difference in price is huge. A really good laptop will set you back between 600/800 Dollars, about 325/425 pounds. Just something for you to think about if money is a bit tight. :)

How did they go mate? Need you back on here. Actually' date=' my Rochdale's probably better off with you losing more games (Keep revising mate :P)

Haha, seriously though, you'll have the papers we took last year. Not that easy for mocks I don't reckon, how's it going?

Going to play football out there... Wasn't my first choice really, but the setup is first class and the offer was too good to refuse in so many ways. At least my future's sorted. Not played a competitive game in so long (apart from school 1st's level, which is decent but nothing special as you probs know if you go to a school with 6th form)[/quote']

Think I done orite, got until year 11 to pass them on my diploma course. Haha, I dunno what I'm going to do next.

Ahh nice, yeah always will be good to say you went America to play footy. Good luck mate, would talk more but going to get a bath haha.

Guest 1CapWonder

Elliot' date=' good luck in America. :). As for the laptop, may I suggest you wait till you get over here before buying one, the difference in price is huge. A really good laptop will set you back between 600/800 Dollars, about 325/425 pounds. Just something for you to think about if money is a bit tight. :)[/quote']

Good advice. I'm not really up to date with all this (Still got only a ps2 :o) so I'm guessing that is a ton cheaper than what I can get one for here??

I'll think about that. Cheers David. Might send you a PM in the next month or so about some advice and stuff :)

Guest 1CapWonder

I know Almunia has been playing' date=' but wouldnt he go down due to him playing poorly.[/quote']

I doubt it. I'm actually extremely interested in him, as I rate him as an excellent keeper.

It would mean me selling Friedel. I know James was interested. Would be hard to let him go, but if someone gave me an offer for Friedel, and I could bring in Almunia for less, then I'd consider it.

Let me know what kind of offers are on the table Chewett.

That means Friedel is available, for consideration. I'd rather you PM'ed me a price you'd pay, or otherwise bid.

Cheers :o

Good advice. I'm not really up to date with all this (Still got only a ps2 :o) so I'm guessing that is a ton cheaper than what I can get one for here??

I'll think about that. Cheers David. Might send you a PM in the next month or so about some advice and stuff :)

I got my laptop from DELL for £450 online,yes they are American and you can buy one when youre over there but they arent that much more expensive over here providing you know what youre looking for.:)

Finally after about a year of searching i have a picture of Dave Belkevitz minus the silly hat

davebelkavitz.jpg?t=1264974903

Like it lads ? its legit i got it off some Jock i met in a pub the other day, say's he went over the wall back in 79 with Dave when he did a bunk out of Peterhead Jail , before legging it to the states..Turns out daves real name is Shughie McFee and was half way through a nine stretch for serious fraud and tax evasion. Feel free to use it whenever you like :D

http://www.usa-vs-uk.com/electronics.html

Having bought a laptop in the UK and here in the USA' date=' I can tell you that like for like, you will pay much less over here than in the UK.:)[/quote']

I did say mine was off an american site:p,whatever you do Elliott I wouldnt buy from PC World as there usually garbage

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Finally after about a year of searching i have a picture of Dave Belkevitz minus the silly hat

davebelkavitz.jpg?t=1264974903

Like it lads ? its legit i got it off some Jock i met in a pub the other day' date=' say's he went over the wall back in 79 with Dave when he did a bunk out of Peterhead Jail , before legging it to the states..Turns out daves real name is Shughie McFee and was half way through a nine stretch for serious fraud and tax evasion. Feel free to use it whenever you like :D[/quote']

You forgot to mention my years as Meg Richardson's cook at the Crossroads Motel Dave, :P, where, after a night of passion with Miss Diane, I let these facts slip that I was indeed,THE Shughie McFee from Peterhead, on the run from bogus charges against my good name. How was I to know anything about paying taxes Dave? :confused:, after all, there are no jobs in Scotland that you earn enough from to pay taxes? :D.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Bravo' date=' David Bravo :D ..Crossroads !! knocks all that Eastenders Pony into a cocked hat mate, what give it away? the name or the Photo ? [/color']

Both :D, I used to sit in my 8 by 10 cell dreaming of Miss Diane and me getting it on so when I broke free from the prison, (with the help of Steve McQueen:D) aka the Great Escape,:P, I headed for Birmingham and smooth talked Meg into giving me the job of head cook at the Motel. Everything was working out until that terrible night with my fantasy, Miss Diane, she was as cold as winter's morning on the East End docks and turned me in after I refused to let her have anymore of my haggis :eek: So I took off for the USA.

Manager of the Month Award

football-trophy-s.jpg

Voting is now open for the Manager of the month Award see the link below for the awards site

http://ec106managerofthemonth.moonfruit.com/

Voting Closes at Midnight Tonight

* Voting Rules

One vote per person no voting for yourself any votes that are for yourself will not be counted voting will open 3 days before the end of each month and close at the start of each month.

In the event of a tie in the votes the winner will be decided by the most number of wins over the month not including friendlies if there is still a tie it will go by least number of defeats and in the unlikely event of a tie still it will go on the number of clean sheets

Voting will close on the 31st of January at 12midnight

Everyone Vote? - I went for Stan at Chesterfield but to be honest i think Elliot or Lee might nick it ;)