• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons. EC106 in my opinion i

Posted Images

Guest drseanfitz

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

drew 3-3 with barsnley. Not a bad result but I dominated. Reading lose and fall out of the play offs' date=' crewe take their place :D rochdale win again, storming up the table! Nearly half way through the season now.[/quote']

me and you all the way now(hopefully)

As if coming home drunk wasn't good enough, hitting 6 past JC is payback.

Very happy right now, and the room is spinning:D.

me and you all the way now(hopefully)

As if coming home drunk wasn't good enough' date=' hitting 6 past JC is payback.

Very happy right now, and the room is spinning:D.[/quote']

Get a Bucket :eek: or a saucepan if its easier, FOR THE SAKE OF GOD- DON'T CHUNDER ON THE WIFE :eek::eek:

Leyton Orient 0 Millwall 2

Millwall tonight picked up a crucial 2-nil win over fellow play-off chasers, 6th placed Orient at Brisbane road. The Lions dropped into 4th place this week after a disastrous home defeat to Yeovil and are still lacking first choice defenders Bassong and Collins and midfielder Lemoine but welcomed back Marrissimo Maccarone upfront. Going into the stakes for both teams could not have been higher with just 4 points separating the two a win for the home side would have cut the gap to just 1 point with 5 games left to play.

In a tense first half the South Londoners enjoyed the Lions share of the play, their short attacking football creating numerous chances Stewart Downing hit the post on the half hour mark and 10 minutes later saw a shot hacked off the line. Mauro Boselli had the best chance to open the scoring a minute before half time when after rounding Ramazan Ozcan in the Orient goal only to roll his shot against the upright.

Millwall continued their domination over their East London cousins in the second half, and were finally rewarded just before the hour ,when fans favorite Oscar Ahumada arrived late in the box to apply a smart finish to Boselli's lay-off. The goal inspired the Lions to continue to produce some breath taking attacking football, successive chances fell to Boselli and Maccarone with the young Argentinean again hitting the bar with a fine header from a Foley cross. With 20 minutes to go Millwall put the game beyond their neighbours reach Kalinga picked up on a beautiful through ball by Downing before confidently finishing past a despairing Ozcan. The Lions perhaps could have had a third when with minutes to go referee Bernstien missed a clear trip on Kalinga waving play-on when the penalty was the right decision.

With Forrest losing at Gillingham, the win puts the Lions back into third place, and should guarantee them a play-off place. The victory comes at a cost centerhalf Brede Hangeland suffered a rib-injury and will be out till the end of the season and Louis Nani picked up another booking, his 4th of the season which leaves him just one away from a 3 match (?) suspension.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Leyton Orient 0 Millwall 2

Millwall tonight picked up a crucial 2-nil win over fellow play-off chasers' date=' 6th placed Orient at Brisbane road. The Lions dropped into 4th place this week after a disastrous home defeat to Yeovil and are still lacking first choice defenders Bassong and Collins and midfielder Lemoine but welcomed back Marrissimo Maccarone upfront. Going into the stakes for both teams could not have been higher with just 4 points separating the two a win for the home side would have cut the gap to just 1 point with 5 games left to play.[/color']

In a tense first half the South Londoners enjoyed the Lions share of the play, their short attacking football creating numerous chances Stewart Downing hit the post on the half hour mark and 10 minutes later saw a shot hacked off the line. Mauro Boselli had the best chance to open the scoring a minute before half time when after rounding Ramazan Ozcan in the Orient goal only to roll his shot against the upright.

Millwall continued their domination over their East London cousins in the second half, and were finally rewarded just before the hour ,when fans favorite Oscar Ahumada arrived late in the box to apply a smart finish to Boselli's lay-off. The goal inspired the Lions to continue to produce some breath taking attacking football, successive chances fell to Boselli and Maccarone with the young Argentinean again hitting the bar with a fine header from a Foley cross. With 20 minutes to go Millwall put the game beyond their neighbours reach Kalinga picked up on a beautiful through ball by Downing before confidently finishing past a despairing Ozcan. The Lions perhaps could have had a third when with minutes to go referee Bernstien missed a clear trip on Kalinga waving play-on when the penalty was the right decision.

With Forrest losing at Gillingham, the win puts the Lions back into third place, and should guarantee them a play-off place. The victory comes at a cost centerhalf Brede Hangeland suffered a rib-injury and will be out till the end of the season and Louis Nani picked up another booking, his 4th of the season which leaves him just one away from a 3 match (?) suspension.

Drunken Fool....thought it was Sean who went to the rubba dub dub!!!:eek::D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Andrew was the Orient Manager ;)

Ah I see, memoirs from your debauched past :P.

I take back the drunken part lol.

so happy as my form continues. beat bolton 2-1. Young left back Rubin opened the scoring before Felipe Melo pulled a goal back for the visitors. However Pantelic, who hasnt scored in his 5 matches (a spell which saw him benched for a stetch of games) scored the winner in the 51st. Its both players first goals for Cardiff. What was funny was once again the last minute change of benching Streller for Pantelic payed dividends.

Carlos Hernandez got MOTM. The Costa Rican, who plays in Australia in real life, seems to be a great signing and I may consider bringing in more higher rated a-leaguers in teh future.

At the half way point of the season I sit in 16th spot, first time since round 3 i i remember correctly that ive been out of the drop zone. I'm only 9 points off 6th placed Doncaster Rovers so anything is possible:p

drew 3-3 with barsnley. Not a bad result but I dominated. Reading lose and fall out of the play offs' date=' crewe take their place :D rochdale win again, storming up the table! Nearly half way through the season now.[/quote']

You certainly didnt dominate the match the stats were a lot closer. Anyway former huddersfield player dempsey scored his 5th goal in 5 games for me

Got 2 last minute goals from Eduardo and Lazovic but still lost as Aston Villa beat Charlton 3-2.

Cant ignore the fact that I play one of the best managers in EC106 on Saturday. I'll do a review later today or tomorrow, whenever Ive got some time free.

Cant ignore the fact that I play one of the best managers in EC106 on Saturday. I'll do a review later today or tomorrow' date=' whenever Ive got some time free.[/quote']

I can't denied that the fact that I'm highly-anticipated in the match too. Samir Nasri has been rested in Aston Villa match for Preston match. I'll be doing my version of review later too. ;)