English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

So i'm wondering about the motive behind the support from Dave B.

It raises the question that Dave fancies Oxford's chances more on Weds agst a team managed by Sean rather than a new man with fresh ideas or indeed a managerless side!

That's mercenary David.

Downright devious more like B)

Won 3-1 against Cheltenham Town. Raced to a 3-0 lead when Joey O'Brien (his 3rd in 2 games)' date=' Marko Patelic (his second since signing) and Rodriquez Vicente (first goal after a disappointing first 10 games) gave me the lead within 33 minutes. Petkovic scored in the 36th to threaten a revival but the score stayed 3-1. O'Brien with man of the match (his second in two matches. My gamble with signing the young Bolton midfielder is paying off.

I'm up to the highest i've been all seaso- 15th and my next match is against Watford, who sit 17th. I need to win to start getting some space between me and teh drop.[/quote']

Good work young Jared ( with 1 R) considering your rotten start :)

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Had a busy weekend so only now seeing all the drama It's a shame about the departures, but I entirely understand the reasons. EC106 in my opinion i

Posted Images

Good work young Jared ( with 1 R) considering your rotten start :)

Haha thanks. Things are hopefully turning the corner. Still not safe but if i can string two or 3 wins together, with the tightness of the table, i could spring into the top half! Its funny because on form I'm 7th in the league.

Humiliated Birmingham 5-1 at St Andrews. Falcao and Giovinco scored a brace each with another goal from Wendel. Now I'm in quite secured position in third spot after the other clubs in play-off group, Middlesbrough, Doncaster and Aston Villa, lost their match. But still need plenty of work to catch up the top two clubs. Just a matter of time before I snatch the automatic promotion. :P;)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

In that case David' date=' I shall take them with the greatest of appreciation. Still gonna have to beat you on Wednesday though.

Division 3 is amazing though this season.[/quote']

I may be wrong here Sean, but have you beat me yet? I know I beat you leading up to our promotion, not sure about season 9, will have to look through the threads....but not tonight :P, and we drew 3-3 earlier this season. I will have to find that out though..:P

Talk about Mind Games ha ha

Woot woot! 3 wins on the bounce which gives me a nice 5 point cushion over the relegation zone. And it puts me within touching distance of Mr Izod who seems to be really eager to leave Division One judging by recent form.

But yet again Sunderland, Darlo, Coventry and Chelsea all won so as much as my unbeaten run is doing me some favours, it's not doing nearly half as enough as it would if they were losing too.

My next four fixtures:

17 Mar Division 1 [H] - Sunderland

20 Mar Division 1 [A] - Wolverhampton Wanderers

24 Mar Division 1 [H] - Chelsea

27 Mar Division 1 [A] - Darlington

Four teams out of the six below me in the league. Losses against any of those will not be acceptable. I'd take a draw with Darlo to help out a mate but the others - no mercy!

I've never been in a relegation battle in this game though. Is it like real life where a 40 point target is a realistic bet to stay up?

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Woot woot! 3 wins on the bounce which gives me a nice 5 point cushion over the relegation zone. And it puts me within touching distance of Mr Izod who seems to be really eager to leave Division One judging by recent form.

But yet again Sunderland' date=' Darlo, Coventry and Chelsea all won so as much as my unbeaten run is doing me some favours, it's not doing nearly half as enough as it would if they were losing too.

My next four fixtures:

17 Mar Division 1 [H'] - Sunderland

20 Mar Division 1 [A] - Wolverhampton Wanderers

24 Mar Division 1 [H] - Chelsea

27 Mar Division 1 [A] - Darlington

Four teams out of the six below me in the league. Losses against any of those will not be acceptable. I'd take a draw with Darlo to help out a mate but the others - no mercy!

I've never been in a relegation battle in this game though. Is it like real life where a 40 point target is a realistic bet to stay up?

Man Utd went down last season with 42 points but in general, 40 points should be enough to avoid the drop. Only twice in 9 seasons has a team went down with over 40 points. :)

PS. That's in the 1st Division.

Humiliated Birmingham 5-1 at St Andrews. Falcao and Giovinco scored a brace each with another goal from Wendel. Now I'm in quite secured position in third spot after the other clubs in play-off group' date=' Middlesbrough, Doncaster and Aston Villa, lost their match. But still need plenty of work to catch up the top two clubs. Just a matter of time before I snatch the automatic promotion. :P;)[/quote']

I guess the scoreline's quite emphatic but the stats were fairly even if I remember correctly. Anyway, my humiliated Birmingham stay in 13th, hovering dangerously near the relegation zone, which is where they were when I took them. Avoiding relegation would be alright this season and hopefully then kick on next year.:)

A bit of a shock but i managed to get a 3:2 victory against Rotherham United and managed to move up to 8th spot.Had to make a late comeback when KOKORIN scored the 1st goal but Matías DE FEDERICO equalised,However,I soon found myself going a goal down at half time when Araujo ILAN made it 2:1.Kevin DOYLE then eqaulised before getting send off but Matías DE FEDERICO scored the winner 5 mins from time.

Bad news is that the victory comes with a price.Kevin DOYLE was send off and would miss the match against Darlington,Brentford and AFC Bournemouth.while CATTERMOLE is also suspended for 1 game and would miss the game against Darlington.also,Nolan would not be able to make it in time too with KONOPLYANKA and MILIC both mising for the match.

A bit of a shock but i managed to get a 3:2 victory against Rotherham United and managed to move up to 8th spot.Had to make a late comeback when KOKORIN scored the 1st goal but Matías DE FEDERICO equalised' date='However,I soon found myself going a goal down at half time when Araujo ILAN made it 2:1.Kevin DOYLE then eqaulised before getting send off but Matías DE FEDERICO scored the winner 5 mins from time.[/quote']

Congrats on the win inicikirock. Even though the MA suggests that I should have won, but that's life. ;)

Now, that's a 2nd league defeat in a row now, this could damage my chances of automatic promotion. :(

Next game is against ...... someone :o and hopefully I can get back to winning ways. :)

Congrats on the win inicikirock. Even though the MA suggests that I should have won' date=' but that's life. ;)

Now, that's a 2nd league defeat in a row now, this could damage my chances of automatic promotion. :(

Next game is against ...... someone :o and hopefully I can get back to winning ways. :)[/quote']

I never tought i could win because i havent been in top form,But turns out that the victory has a big price to pay. :(

My Yeovil V Southend! That has got to be the biggest game of Division 4 so far! We have been on the same points for like every game, now its a chance for one us to over take each over and push for the title!

Milevskiy for sale! Will want PE, he is a 90 striker, only 25, went up this year.

Beat Sean to the signing of 24 year old Adlene Guedioura who is due for a rise next time around after recently playing a handful of games for Wolves and he is only rated 80,if Wolves sign him permanently which I think they will and then if the stay up which I also think they will then he will go up to around 85/86.

Guest drseanfitz

Beat Sean to the signing of 24 year old Adlene Guedioura who is due for a rise next time around after recently playing a handful of games for Wolves and he is only rated 80' date='if Wolves sign him permanently which I think they will and then if the stay up which I also think they will then he will go up to around 85/86.[/quote']

decent riser for you, can't believe we where the only 2 bidding, would have been great for some smaller sides as well.

decent riser for you' date=' can't believe we where the only 2 bidding, would have been great for some smaller sides as well.[/quote']

With my high chairman value I should make an awful lot of money on him,having watched him I also think he is a cracking little player and Wolves seem to play better when he is playing so he may be kept,I will probably make a decision when he gets his rise as to whether I should sell him on or not,couldn't believe he was not taken either as well Sean,and his usually the type of player that is taken so when he was available a bid was always going to be made sooner or later.

Maybe be my getting him it can help you get the player you want when he comes off TB..

Guest drseanfitz

With my high chairman value I should make an awful lot of money on him' date='having watched him I also think he is a cracking little player and Wolves seem to play better when he is playing so he may be kept,I will probably make a decision when he gets his rise as to whether I should sell him on or not,couldn't believe he was not taken either as well Sean,and his usually the type of player that is taken so when he was available a bid was always going to be made sooner or later.

Maybe be my getting him it can help you get the player you want when he comes off TB..[/quote']

lets hope so, just gotta wait til April fools day for that player.

I've just signed a couple of players for my Doncaster; Michael HOYOS, Erixon DANSO, Oliveira GERONIMO and Rodrigo THIESEN. Almir PLISKA will also be imminently join after having bid accepted just now. Hoping for them to have quite some nice rises next time around.

Really surprised that I signed Michael HOYOS only for Chairman value, anyways happy with this signing. Has anyone got a RM or W 89 to loan to me for a few games please?

lets hope so' date=' just gotta wait til April fools day for that player.[/quote']

Best of luck with that,Because my wage bill is lowit meant that I could buy Guedioura,however if I made a loss on last nights game which was away to Watford then it meant there wouldn't have been enough cash and would have had to withdraw the bid...