English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

A few weeks ago' date=' I mentioned how the transfer market was starting to stagnate as more and more teams became inactive. But now, West Ham, now active, are basically a transfer no-go zone as all the bids are stopped by the SMFA. Cruise, Bartley, Agard... Might move on to someone else, and if that doesn't work, give up.[/quote']

Mine hasn't I get daily bids from the Toffees trying to get me to take there injured players lol like I;m going to buy someone when there injured

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread Mrs Moses Age : Unknown Nationailty : PoshScottish Position : Missionary (7 years of marriage will do that to you) Preferred foot : Both - norma

Posted Images

Well done to whichever mod was watching the thread.

No problem. Now for my two cents.

Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a narrow mind. As is evident here. Mr. HRVATSKA seems to feel that him being called up to play in a football team somehow makes things like SM unnecessary, but what the fellow needs to do is take a few minutes out and just question why this has to be so. After all, there is no reason to cut off your nose in order to spite your face.

While I can't approve of other people's reactions to this incident, I can perfectly acknowledge why they did react. Naturally if a person decides to leave something behind, they should do so in a good light. Doing so leaves the door open for return. However, if this person wants to jeopardise things before leaving, that door is slammed shut and bolted.

Now then, if said antagonist had just left, that is fine. However, this person clearly wants things to crash and burn, and again they need to ask themselves why. I for one can't see what the cause of this sudden want for chaos is, but in the grand scheme of things, if his plan were to succeed, and Reading are demolished, then the reward for this is him being banned and not being able to return. He might feel happy about this for a week, and then he goes on with life having gained absolutely nothing that can be taken with him into his future. If he had just left rather than want to go out with a bang, then he pretty much gets the same result.

Overall, there is no point in bothering. No point in bothering to ruin the game for others, no point in causing trouble, and no point in us getting so wound up. I've seen people like this a lot of the time, and it doesn't faze me any more. Once they can't have the spotlight, the only audience that can look at them is themselves. That is what some people need to do here, and in this case it is obvious. Remove yourself from attention and just put things into perspective. Is what you are doing really necessary?

Anyway, HRVATSKA, if you are still here and are reading this, I hope you have a good think to yourself. Anyway, good luck in your footballing career, and I hope I never have to deal with this sort of incident again if you are involved. :)

Rounding out, I read a previous comment saying that people like this shows Croatians in their true colours, or something along those lines. I don't like this level of xenophobia, as I have come across a couple of former forumers who were Croatian, and incredibly down-to-earth, genuine people. It's another nail in HRVATSKA's coffin that he has brought about such an opinion about his own nationality, but then, you get what you give.

Guest drseanfitz

Didn't really like the way I explained my points in that post' date=' but I wanted to make those points.[/quote']

I thought you explained things very well.

Didn't really like the way I explained my points in that post' date=' but I wanted to make those points.[/quote']

That was a fantastic post! After he abused Dave, all my future posts would have been fueled by anger and rage, and I would have been the one getting banned. But you managed to keep a level-head, and calmly simmer take the situation off the boil.

EDIT: Is it me or has the ability to report posts gone?

First off,Well said Lee and that was a fantastic post,However has anyone got a Winger/Forward that they will be willing to sell for around 7 Million pounds??,I don't think the Watford manager will give me a response to the offer that's been made for Chung Young Lee as he hasnt logged in for quite a while.

Guest drseanfitz

That was a fantastic post! After he abused Dave' date=' all my future posts would have been fueled by anger and rage, and I would have been the one getting banned. But you managed to keep a level-head, and calmly simmer take the situation off the boil.

EDIT: Is it me or has the ability to report posts gone?[/quote']

GONE, I was looking for that earlier

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Thanks guys' date=' it's about time I did my job. :o:D

I'll ask about the report button.[/quote']

Lee, that was an eloquent speech that went way beyond your tender years ;). If being a MOD helps to attain this kind of rationale, I may give up being an old drunken scoundrel who eke's his life away listening to music and watching football on the box, such a mundane and empty life. :D.

Good call, as they say over here in Cheesburger and fries land (and the Yanks say our food is bad? :confused::eek:)

A set of brand new drum sticks are winging their way across the Pond as we speak.;)

Lee' date=' that was an eloquent speech that went way beyond your tender years ;). If being a MOD helps to attain this kind of rationale, I may give up being an old drunken scoundrel who eke's his life away listening to music and watching football on the box, such a mundane and empty life. :D.

Good call, as they say over here in Cheesburger and fries land (and the Yanks say our food is bad? :confused::eek:)

A set of brand new drum sticks are winging their way across the Pond as we speak.;)[/quote']

It never helped me.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

It never helped me.

Not true Tom, another well rounded character of the game ;).

PS. And by 'well rounded', I don't mean that you ate all the pies :eek::D

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

And to my dear old Cockney adversary, who took such a lash after trying to use reason, don't take the infantile words to heart. Sm is much more than a game as you already know, look at how it has allowed guys from all over the world of different backgrounds and age to come together and converse about things other than just football.

We come on here and can get lost from the woes of day to day life and shoot the banter with guys who are of a kindred spirit and our love of football, binds us all together.

Your posts are legendary my old mucker and your sense of humour is...well, :confused:.....:P.

Without going into the issue again, I think that the boy has issues in his personal life, which is a shame.

Anyway, onward and upward, as they say. I know you worked so very hard to get out of your depression Dave and the doctor's just assessed you as normal again...:P, we don't want to see you slipping back into that dark place now.

By the way, do you want a lollipop Dave? :D;)

So he goes on how boring the game is, doesn't like anyone in the game world bar Callum I think he said, why is he still at Reading? Baffles me much but I knew the kid wasn't a full bob when he joined.

Anyway, really looking forward to Wednesday's game, hopefully a win will take us over Hull, up the Gills!

And to my dear old Cockney adversary' date=' who took such a lash after trying to use reason, don't take the infantile words to heart. Sm is much more than a game as you already know, look at how it has allowed guys from all over the world of different backgrounds and age to come together and converse about things other than just football.

We come on here and can get lost from the woes of day to day life and shoot the banter with guys who are of a kindred spirit and our love of football, binds us all together.

Your posts are legendary my old mucker and your sense of humour is...well, :confused:.....:P.

Without going into the issue again, I think that the boy has issues in his personal life, which is a shame.

Anyway, onward and upward, as they say. I know you worked so very hard to get out of your depression Dave and the doctor's just assessed you as normal again...:P, we don't want to see you slipping back into that dark place now.

By the way, do you want a lollipop Dave? :D;)[/quote']

Your far too liberal for you own good David '' issues in his personal life ''ahh, no my son he is a foul mouthed yob, end of story stick him the army for 20 years make a man of him :D.