Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

The point is this thread is pure spam. No disrespect to Dave' date=' David or Holt however good their posts maybe I come to this thread to read about any players for sale, who won etc.. basically anything about EC-106 not anything else.[/quote']

My my my Red :P, and I thought this thread was to have a bit of banter to lighten our weary day, my mistake :eek:, as well as all the other stuff. Ok, let's take the lighter side of things out the game and just concentrate on the issues of the league.....I got it!!!!:D

My my my Red :P' date=' and I thought this thread was to have a bit of banter to lighten our weary day, my mistake :eek:, as well as all the other stuff. Ok, let's take the lighter side of things out the game and just concentrate on the issues of the league.....I got it!!!!:D[/quote']

I advise you to create a thread titles ''The David-Dave-Holt Debate thread". And I am serious. a thread dedicated to genius;)

I advise you to create a thread titles ''The David-Dave-Holt Debate thread". And I am serious. a thread dedicated to genius;)

Us older chaps and dinosaurs cant help having a bit of banter after a few indian pale ales can we? :D...n e way, it has made the other 106 thread seriously readable. Match reports, news, gossip and thats it (except for a few ppl who accidently posted). N e ways why was my name mentioned? i hadn't posted much for a few days....did u miss me :P

The Bi-weekly BBC football column is out tommorow (tuesdays and fridays).

If you have any rumours, or want your club mentioned in the gossip please PM me :) Im off work tommorow so i will do some digging around to see what gossip i can come up with.

I have found a few interesting rumours regarding 106 champions Blackburn.

yE1670jY.jpg

Holt silenced by SMFA

In a sensational move last night, media friendly Crystal Palace boss Paul Holt, was silenced by a SMFA gagging order. The order was imposed following the big mouthed Yorkshireman's outrageous labeling of Millwall fans as Scum. Its believed the unrepentant Holt was issued with a two week deadline by the FA to publicly withdraw the comments and apologize to both Millwall FC and its supporters. As the deadline for Holt's response passed last night, the SMFA took immediate action and using its disciplinary code has banned Holt from any form of media contact until the 25th of September. The order is seen as a victory for Millwall, who have been under sustained media attacks from both Holt and Lower league manager Elliot ' I want to be a train driver when I grow up' Sutcliffe. As yet there has been no response to the news from Millwall, but it is expected that Board member Francis Fraser will be issuing a statement on behalf of the club within the next 24 hours.

Adebayor(cash+p/e)' date=' Denisov(p/e), Eliseu and Pepe all available for sale at Soton. Get Bidding![/quote']

Simao is available as well.only want a decent winger and cash. And by decent winger I mean 89 or 90. No oldies though. And would you be interested in Arshavin(might go up to 94) for ozil and cash:o

Simao is available as well.only want a decent winger and cash. And by decent winger I mean 89 or 90. No oldies though. And would you be interested in Arshavin(might go up to 94) for ozil and cash:o

Im interested in Arshavin, but currently, im looking to only selling players, not buying players:o. Sorry.

Anyone know why is Mr Holt banned ? :confused:

It just breaks my heart he is not here ' date=' obviously its not for us to speculate Marius, but you know what Holty's like mate, always seeking attention, ever controversial and I have always said that arrogant way that he has about him will get him in trouble one day. Its a funny feeling, its like when your neighbours dog has finally stopped barking after being locked in all day. Still I'm not one for kicking a man while he's down, it just wouldn't be right, would it? ;)[/color']

Guest 1CapWonder

It just breaks my heart he is not here ' date=' obviously its not for us to speculate Marius, but you know what Holty's like mate, always seeking attention, ever controversial and I have always said that arrogant way that he has about him will get him in trouble one day. Its a funny feeling, its like when your neighbours dog has finally stopped barking after being locked in all day. Still I'm not one for kicking a man while he's down, it just wouldn't be right, would it? ;)[/color']

Haha.

It's cos he made a stupid comment (On my Womens thread unfortunately) about how all Women Footballers are "let's say, batters for the other side"

In amongst all this he also used "strong adjectives" in describing these Women, which although tongue in cheek, SM took to heart.

It's a shame :/ I hope he comes back.

Good i say, The mans an oaf and a phobic of the worse kind. Clearly he thinks he is above the rules of the forum, i would like to personally thank whatever member of the SM management team who got rid of this wally.

EDIT: let's say, batters for the other side"

Batters? what is this word Batters?, you surely mean ' Bats '

What would your English teacher say young Sutcliffe?..IDK after 8 years of state education, and our Romulan friend Marius has a better grasp of English, shocking.

Guest 1CapWonder

Batters' date=' as in people who bat. ;)[/quote']

Batters...

As in Batsmen...

So if you'd like to retract that previous statement Dave :)

Thankyou Lee :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Batters' date=' as in people who bat. ;)[/quote']

Much as it galls me to agree with Mr Izod, in the context of the sentence he should have used "bats" as opposed to "batters",

One bats for the other side, not, one batters for the other side, unless you are talking about a bunch of drunken Jocks on a Friday night whereas they might batter people from the other side lol :D.

Guest 1CapWonder

Much as it galls me to agree with Mr Izod' date=' in the context of the sentence he should have used "bats" as opposed to "batters",

One bats for the other side, not, one batters for the other side, unless you are talking about a bunch of drunken Jocks on a Friday night whereas they might batter people from the other side lol :D.[/quote']

Look at the sentance I used David.

I said he accused Women (plural) as being batters for the other side.

If I'd had said Women bats for the other side that would have made no sense...

I have now made 2 of the Older Community look silly here. Anyone else want to tell me the context was wrong before I quote it again...

Much as it galls me to agree with Mr Izod' date=' in the context of the sentence he should have used "bats" as opposed to "batters",

One bats for the other side, not, one batters for the other side, unless you are talking about a bunch of drunken Jocks on a Friday night whereas they might batter people from the other side lol :D.[/quote']

Let's read it again in context, shall we?

It's cos he made a stupid comment (On my Womens thread unfortunately) about how all Women Footballers are "let's say' date=' batters for the other side"[/b']

This makes sense, does it not? :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Let's read it again in context' date=' shall we?

This makes sense, does it not? :)[/quote']

Not to me it doesn't :P. "let's say, bats for the other side." NOT "let's say, batters for the other side." ????

Haven't made me look foolish at all Elliot,:P, batters in that context is not a word.

You could use it in this form though it would still be bad grammar, "England had more succesful 'batters' than India, Although the better way to phrase that would be, "England had more successful batsmen than India,"

Batters is not a word in the context you are using for good grammar.

Guest 1CapWonder

Not to me it doesn't :P. "let's say' date=' bats for the other side." NOT "let's say, batters for the other side." ????

Haven't made me look foolish at all Elliot,:P, batters in that context is not a word.

You could use it in this form though it would still be bad grammar, "England had more succesful 'batters' than India, Although the better way to phrase that would be, "England had more successful [b']batsmen[/b] than India,"

Batters is not a word in the context you are using for good grammar.

1. I was speaking about Women, and who's ever heard the term Batswomen.

2. I have heard the term batters used many a time, hence why it is not spellchecked when I type it.

3. Are you a batter or a bowler? I'm a batter.

4. We can be talking, Softball or anything like that, not Cricket, in which the term Batter is used. Hence, in baseball: Batter's Box.

No, not yet?

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

1. I was speaking about Women' date=' and who's ever heard the term Batswomen.

2. I have heard the term batters used many a time, hence why it is not spellchecked when I type it.

3. Are you a batter or a bowler? I'm a batter.

4. We can be talking, Softball or anything like that, not Cricket, in which the term Batter is used. Hence, in baseball: Batter's Box.

No, not yet?[/quote']

No-one mentioned batswomen Elliot, and batter is a word, a batter is someone who bats, or batter as in cause injury to, batter, as in egg batter or other forms of cooking is ok to.

The whole context of the sentence was wrong, actually in the way the sentence was written, about how all women footballers are "let's say, bat for the other side," would have been a better way although still not good grammar. The sentence should have been written differently, but batters should not have been used in any context.