English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Aim higher than that bud! your only ten points of the play-offs' date=' thats the way I would/am looking at it. :)[/quote']

Yeah but for that to happen you would need every result to go your way so I'm not going to get too confident atm but I think I will give it a real push soon. :)

Yeah but for that to happen you would need every result to go your way so I'm not going to get too confident atm but I think I will give it a real push soon. :)

I had no internet accses for at least half of my games so far which I honestly think is the reason why I'm not higher up the table. Last season I had a worse team yet got to the play-off final. I am hopeful. Your squads good, if you have a run of form you could be up there.

:) 2-1 win over the much fancied Cardiff ( sry Jared never in doubt that one ;))- next up a tough task against Dermo's robust looking Huddersfield

After my brilliant start in now 2 losses on the trot:mad::mad::mad: i only im the promotion play-offs on goal difference, loosing touch with the leaders and have a bunch of failing new signings!:mad::mad::( my week just keeps getting worse! but well done dave

Oh dear. Not what I wanted. Had my face smashed in on a night out last night. 7 stitches and my bloody chin was hanging off. Girlfriend has left. Waiting in Stepping Hill 6 hours on my own for A+E. A+E my arsee. Had no sleep since Thursday night. Just turned on a computer and seen the England score...

These are the worst of times... To think I was buzzing Friday about signing Gibbs and having the perfect weekend... Oh well' date=' I'm off to Everton Away where I can't sing, everything will be too loud and I'll be bloody miserable if we don't get anything but 3 pts. Halloween tonight is cancelled. First comeback game at a decent standard has now been postponed Sunday.

Mess :( Although it looks like I've got away with not getting slated on the other thread, which is always a bonus. I dread to see what Holty is planning to write. Bear with me man, I'm a state![/quote']

I couldn't kick you while you were down Sooty.

So your girlfriend left you at A+E to fend for yourself? hhmmm:rolleyes:

So who smashed your face in? He wasn't wearing a Millwall shirt by any chance ?:D

Good result i suppose.If i hadn't lost my first 7 games i'd probably be mid table:(

ye it happened to me wen i was still at swansea. i lost 7 out of my first 8 games and then went on a big winning streak before moving to cardiff. and after going my first 10 matches undeafeated as cardiff boss ive now lost 2 straight!:(:(:( and what makes it worse is both times its only been by a goal!

Guest 1CapWonder

I couldn't kick you while you were down Sooty.

So your girlfriend left you at A+E to fend for yourself? hhmmm:rolleyes:

So who smashed your face in? He wasn't wearing a Millwall shirt by any chance ?:D

In all honesty, she had a right to just leave me. And the guy was the idiot that helped her "get her own back really" if that makes sense.

If you really wanna know more then just PM me mate, but it's not that big a deal, just a bad night and I was ****** off next day. Can't eat solid food atm. Weekend has been a bit of a mare.

BACK TO 106 THOUGH, and these 1-1 draws :rolleyes:

Happy with neither, England nor Rochdale and I am stuttering at the moment. Rickie Lambert is back in training though and will be looking to build on his 12 in 14 before he was out for a month :(

Baldock has hit 4 in 10 in his absence though, so can't really complain!

Guest drseanfitz

Diouof sale fell through so am selling Nicky KUIPER instead. Accepted 5.4 from an external club, but if anyone wants to pay more I can cancel that offer

In all honesty' date=' she had a right to just leave me. And the guy was the idiot that helped her "get her own back really" if that makes sense.

If you really wanna know more then just PM me mate, but it's not that big a deal, just a bad night and I was ****** off next day. Can't eat solid food atm. Weekend has been a bit of a mare.

BACK TO 106 THOUGH, and these 1-1 draws :rolleyes:

Happy with neither, England nor Rochdale and I am stuttering at the moment. Rickie Lambert is back in training though and will be looking to build on his 12 in 14 before he was out for a month :(

Baldock has hit 4 in 10 in his absence though, so can't really complain![/quote']

Peter Crouch and Ashley Young each scored twice for me yesterday.

Guest 1CapWonder

Peter Crouch and Ashley Young each scored twice for me yesterday.

Young has had a chance with England. Crouchy just needs more games and goals and from a striker, an average rating of above 7.00. When he reaches that, then he'll get his chance :P

Young has had a chance with England. Crouchy just needs more games and goals and from a striker' date=' an average rating of above 7.00. When he reaches that, then he'll get his chance :P[/quote']

I've changed my formation and now goals are coming from anywhere, not just Jovetic. Crouch is on hot form atm, but as a lone striker. Maybe if you played 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 to accommodate him.

Guest 1CapWonder

I've changed my formation and now goals are coming from anywhere' date=' not just Jovetic. Crouch is on hot form atm, but as a lone striker. Maybe if you played 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 to accommodate him.[/quote']

That could work, but I just feeling playing Rooney a 96 rated striker, in his 2nd position would be ludicrous, and whilst I need to win games and score goals, I'm gonna stick with 2 up front. However, Heskey isn't doing it for me, so believe me Crouch will get his chance. With regards to Ash, he's competiting with Cole, Beckham, Walcott, Milner (Who IMO are just in front of him now) not ruling out Lennon (who would be in front of everyone if he wasn't rated 89) and Shaun Wright Phillips. Not forgetting Downing, who is left footed and 89, giving me balance I get with no one else. Young can play Left Side though, so should Cole get injured, he will get his shot, or could be shifted. We'll see, it's just about results atm!!!

Eduardo da Silva (age: 26) Rating: 89 Fwd CV: £6.3m

Danko Lazovic (age: 26) Rating: 89 Fwd CV: £8.2m

They are two similar striker with same age and same rating but somehow my chairman value Lazovic more than Eduardo. Do you have any clue why?

That could work' date=' but I just feeling playing Rooney a 96 rated striker, in his 2nd position would be ludicrous, and whilst I need to win games and score goals, I'm gonna stick with 2 up front. However, Heskey isn't doing it for me, so believe me Crouch will get his chance. With regards to Ash, he's competiting with Cole, Beckham, Walcott, Milner (Who IMO are just in front of him now) not ruling out Lennon (who would be in front of everyone if he wasn't rated 89) and Shaun Wright Phillips. Not forgetting Downing, who is left footed and 89, giving me balance I get with no one else. Young can play Left Side though, so should Cole get injured, he will get his shot, or could be shifted. We'll see, it's just about results atm!!![/quote']

I think Beckham and Scholes are just too old for international stage. Any chance of Leon Osman (89) for an international call up? :P

Guest 1CapWonder

I think Beckham and Scholes are just too old for international stage. Any chance of Leon Osman (89) for an international call up? :P

My choices on either flank are never ending!!! Whilst Beckham is higher rated, probably not but if Osman keeps performing, then probably.

I am becoming more tempted to leave out either Lampard and Gerrard and play without one of them, as they are both too attacking, and when I played them in a 5 or a 3 man midfield it simply didn't work. Scholes is gonna be very important for me. One of my favourite players. So happy to see I could "tempt him out of retirement"

Honestly, in real life Scholes would get in our team. The way he plays suits international football to a tee. Time on the ball, able to pick it up and play in a way no one else can. I just wish he'd have played on longer :(

Wondering if anyone would be kind enough to loan me a decent left back rated 84-85+

I am looking for a loan for rest of season though.

Appreciate it :D

Just on the right time. I'm looking to offload Tremoulinas for a short term. You may have him for the rest of the season unless my Fernando Navarro got a long term injury. ;)

Or you can have Armand Traore for the rest of the season without condition.

Just on the right time. I'm looking to offload Tremoulinas for a short term. You may have him for the rest of the season unless my Fernando Navarro got a long term injury. ;)

Or you can have Armand Traore for the rest of the season without condition.

What a man you are :D

Thanks very much, have put the loan bid in now.