Burrow27

English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Guest 1CapWonder

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Elliot take it from your elders and batters' date=' its the wrong context. Quite clearly you watch too much American television, Power rangers and the A-team i wager B)[/color']

Elders indeed. You are in fact showing your age, as neither Power Rangers nor the A-Team are broadcast anymore.

It's all about Hannah Montana, and Thomas The Tank Engine :D

Guest drseanfitz

just curious

instead of "let's say, batters for the other side"

how does "let's say, batting for the other side" sound?

Guest 1CapWonder

just curious

instead of "let's say' date=' batters for the other side"

how does "let's say, batting for the other side" sound?

Of course, upon reflection, that sounds better. But you cannot deny by sentence still makes reasonable sense...

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Elliot said 'they are batters for the other side'. If this is out of context then I wouldn't want to have to have been in one of your English lessons in the 50's or whenever. :P

It is out of context and bad grammar, batting as Sean has just said is a far better choice but as I stated before, the whole sentence was badly constructed. If my English teacher had taught me to use the word batters in this context, he would not be teaching English in our school believe me, as it is, my English teacher was brilliant.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Men who bat are NOT batters, they are batsmen.

To pluralise the word batters in this context is just wrong.

Guest 1CapWonder

Men who bat are NOT batters' date=' they are batsmen.

To pluralise the word batters in this context is just wrong.[/quote']

And Women who bat are batters. Batswoman if you must, but I have certainly heard the term batter used to describe someone who bats.

Anyway, this has lasted a page now and so this is my time to post my last post on this topic.

If any petty fool wishes to have the last word on this, feel free. :P But I am not replying because I think your right, but because I simply CBA anymore :o

Cheers lads.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Elliot said 'they are batters for the other side'. If this is out of context then I wouldn't want to have to have been in one of your English lessons in the 50's or whenever. :P[/quote

Hmmm, ever since joining this and other forums, the command of the English language has left a lot to be desired. I know some people use the excuse that they are not in school (or is it skool :D) so they don't take it too seriously, but I beg to differ, the level of the usage of the English language on here is disgraceful. I know some people will take umbrage at my statement but alas, it's there for all to see. I am not talking about typing errors or sometimes the use of slang words, I have noticed that many people on here don't understand when to use the word 'there' as opposed to 'their' or 'were' as opposed to where', there are many more illustrations of bad spelling or poor grammar. Now I know we are not in school but that doesn't make it right to use that as an excuse for a poor command of the English language, which is embarrassing to say the least when a large majority of people can't seem to string a sentence together. I know people are not going to like what I am saying but I stand by my remarks. The command of the English language on this site is abominable to say the least. Feel free to bombard me with vitriol. :D

PS. This is not aimed at anyone who has English as their (or is it there) lol, second language. I have nothing but admiration for those people and in many cases I have noticed that they have a better grasp of the language than people who use it as their first language.

Whilst i'd sooner bombard you with rocks professor Belkevitz. You are of course write. Another thing that gets my coat is peoples failure to use capital letters at the start of their names, for example d instead of D or b as opposed to B.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Whilst i'd sooner bombard you with rocks professor Belkevitz. You are of course write. Another thing that gets my coat is peoples failure to use capital letters at the start of their names' date=' for example d instead of D or b as opposed to B.[/color']

"write"? come on Dave :D. There is a reason for that my son, when I first used SM I had David Belkevitz as my name, when I opened a second account it would not let me use the same name in that way, hence david belkevitz.

Guest 1CapWonder

"write"? come on Dave :D. There is a reason for that my son' date=' when I first used SM I had David Belkevitz as my name, when I opened a second account it would not let me use the same name in that way, hence david belkevitz.[/quote']

And the forum name?.... :o

HOLT SENT ON GARDENING LEAVE FOR 2 WEEKS

The Chairman of Crystal Palace, Mr Simon Jordan, has sent his manager on gardening leave for 2 weeks after the SMFA fined Holt 4 weeks wages and banned him from appearing at all matches for the same length of time. This is the result of Mr Holt calling Millwall fans scum and thugs 2 weeks ago. The SMFA gave Holt the opportunity to appologise but Holt went one further and made a rascist and homophobic comment about the German womens soccer team after Englands 6-2 final defeat on Thursday. This seemed to be the final straw for the SMFA and Paul Holt was banned with immediate effect this morning. Under the ban, Holt is unable to step foot at the Palace training ground as well as all SMFA matches. The Palace assistant-manager James Riddle will be the main man in the dugout for the next two weeks but Holt will be calling all the shots via Phone and Email. Paul Holt will release a statement from his Longfield home, Kent, within the next 24 hours.

copied from newspaper (dont know if its been posted thou)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

And the forum name?.... :o

For some reason at the time, we are going back to 2007 lol, so my memory is vague, but I had a problem with David Belkevitz, can't honestly remember what but it would only let me use david belkevitz, it could have been something to do with chat as I signed up for that but left soon afterwards, and my knowledge on using a computer is limited I will admit, so I never got around to rectifying the matter, which in itself is quite futile really, as it is just a name, whatever form it is in. :P

For some reason at the time' date=' we are going back to 2007 lol, so my memory is vague, but I had a problem with David Belkevitz, can't honestly remember what but it would only let me use david belkevitz, it could have been something to do with chat as I signed up for that but left soon afterwards, and my knowledge on using a computer is limited I will admit, so I never got around to rectifying the matter, which in itself is quite futile really, as it is just a name, whatever form it is in. :P[/quote']

JCB-Digger.jpg

Thought you might need this Dave, to help with that big hole you're digging! ;):P

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

JCB-Digger.jpg

Thought you might need this Dave' date=' to help with that big hole you're digging![/size'] ;):P

lol, no hole being dug here, Dave says not using capitals annoys him??? My 7 year old daughter has a better command of spelling than 90% of the guys on here, that's all I'm saying on the matter. :D

Guest drseanfitz

lost again, 3 in 4 now, will experiment with new formation against Aaron Lennons Preston tomorrow

HOLT CAMP RELEASE STATEMENT

Banned manager Paul Holt, has issued a statement tonight from his home in

Longfield as promised.

I, Paul Holt, manager of South Londons premier club, would like to take this opportunity to appologise for calling Millwall fans "scum" two weeks ago. I believe my comments were taken out of context but even so it was wrong of me to say such things as i am assured that there are many decent and law abiding Millwall fans in Kent and West Ham.

I would also like to appologise to the entire German Ladies National side for my racist and homophopic remarks aimed towards them on Thursday. Although i made my comment entirely out of jest, i can understand how upsetting this could have been to the fine ladies of Germany and their great soccer team.

I now face 2 weeks of Gardening thanx to the SMFA in which im very greatful for the Wolves manager Mr Macauley for his helpful tips regarding my tulips.

Although i can't disagree with the actions taken by the SMFA, i do want to question the timing of their actions. Is this a conspiracy?. Its a known fact that both the SMFA and Millwall dont agree with my outspoken nature, but its a shame that both organisations have conspired against me to get me banned at a time when Millwall are due to play Crystal Palace in only 11 days time. I do not find this a coinsidence at all and will be talking to my legal team on Monday morning.

Lastly, id like to take this opportunity to thank the Oxford manager Mr David Belkevitz for the support he has given me in the last couple of days.

Paul Arnold Holt.

South Londons #1 Manager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------