English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Burrow27

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

a 4-4 draw with Brentford for me tonight.

Think that is my playoff dream over now nice to still be unbeaten since taking over though.

I have a very tough task next season losing Owen,Le Tallac and Handanovic.

Really got to hope that some of you guys will do me a favor and lend us some players (Yes i am begging) :D

Beat Wigan 2-1. Lennon and Carragher with the goals. I think that's 5 for Carra now. Still two points clear of West Ham but five points clear of 3rd placed Shorpe.

Bit ironic the fact your Preston's playing Wigan away the same night Preston in real life are playing Wigan away' date=' wouldn't you say? Same amount of goal's too, but going in your favour rather than going in Wigan's favour like they did tonight. [img']http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/images/smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Beat top of the table Bristol Rovers 2-0 away, Mohammed Zidan and Nabil El Zhar with the goal's to still give us hopes despite being ten points of the play off's, but it's still reachable with 12 points up for grabs. shifty.gif

Guest drseanfitz

a 4-4 draw with Brentford for me tonight.

Think that is my playoff dream over now nice to still be unbeaten since taking over though.

I have a very tough task next season losing Owen' date='Le Tallac and Handanovic.

Really got to hope that some of you guys will do me a favor and lend us some players (Yes i am begging) :D[/quote']

Toloi any good to you for next season?

Yeah i noticed that nobody in the top 6 won tonight. Very strange

Tell me about it. My Walsall got beat 3-1 by Blackpool, just as I was banking on a win so I could take my foot off the gas and prepare for the playoffs. :(

Huge game against Hartlepool this Saturday.

Andres Guardado scored in only his second match in Cardiff colours (his first resulted in a red card and then good team form kept him out) to give Cardiff a 1-0 lead over Aston Villa.

Pepe equalised in the 62nd minute to level the scores. Maazou replaced Blanco and scored with his first touch to secure the points for Cardiff.

The win means A SECOND GREAT ESCAPE in two seasons for Cardiff is almost secured. Sitting 9 points above relegation with only a maximum 12 points on offer and possessing a superior goal difference to team in relegation, it seems hard to imagine us going down.

Up coming fixtures:-

H vs Swindon (15th)

A vs Bristol (2nd)

H vs Boston (13th)

A vs Chesterfield (17th)

H vs Bournemouth (19th)

Other than the Bristol game' date=' I have to target 3 points from the others. Therefore a total of 12 from 15 would be ace.

My aim for the rest of the season is to win 50% of my games and take draws from 25%. Basically two wins, a draw and a loss from every four. That would see me finish on 47 points. That should leave me around 11th.

A minimum of around 65 points is needed to be into the play offs, I would have to win 20 of my 24 remaining games to do that!! ( I did achieve something like that in EC5579 amongst others but feel that is far less likely here)[/quote']

Unbelievably I’m only 9 pts of a playoff spot after another win for Colchester beating Swindon 3-1 away – shame there’s only four games left.

If I could take maximum points from the remaining ties that would see me finish on 55 points – way ahead of the target I set myself when I joined (as above). Realistically I should at least achieve the 47 points I aimed for though.

Really, really pleased with how I have done here – I might not a have won anything, not scored a bundle or set the world on fire but really chuffed with how its gone – Colchester are currently one of the hardest teams to beat in Division 4. Wont last for ever but hopefully made a small impression somewhere!

Another draw for Southend last night, all very very tight at the top of D3 in the race for the last automatic promotion spot.

May have to start being a bit more attacking - he who dares and all that.....

Have an external bid of £3.1m for Andy Webster - if anyone can beat that he's yours.

Also have transfer listed Brazilian prospect Mazola - have read that he's a talent rather than just a +23 riser so i should really hold on to him, but can't afford to not cash in if the price is right.

He's listed for £5m, but just make any offer as i may well accept less depending on the interest shown.

Chesterfield beat Oxford 4-1 tonight. After 3 without a win i tried something new tonight and it seemed to work. Vandinho scoring and getting MOM on his debut. Angelim and Vargas also did well on their debuts and Ruben Ramirez now has 9 goals in 11 games.

Slowly shipping out my risers and building a squad to try and earn promotion next season.

Willing to listen to offers for PSV youngster Jagos Vukovic,his started 3 games this season and should be in for a good rise of +4 or so when the Dutch changes come around,Ideally I'd like to use him and Real Madrid youngster Joselu in exchange for one big talent but I'd consider offers for just Vukovic as well,I've already rejected one bid for him before the season started and there is quite a bit of interest in him so it'd have to be a good offer to get him but I'm willing to look at any offers that are made.

Guest drseanfitz

dos Santos Giovanni will be joining Preston at the start of next season.

Rost will probably be signing for Oxford.

gonna actually have some cash to spend next season.

To all EC106 managers (except Crystal Palace and Millwall managers :P),

There will be a sale for a number of Charlton players at the end of the season. Players who will be allowed to leave, will be indicated below. For any enquiries or negotiations, please don't hesitate to send PM in-game to me. Thank you.

Player (Rating) [Minimum asking price]

Gavin Hoyte (77) [min £1m]

Renildo Da Silva (75) [min £600k]

Santiago Soto (77) [min £1m]

Christian Diaz (75) [min £600k]

Angel Michel (82) [min £3m]

Franco Chivilo (75) [min 600k]

Guilherme Camacho (77) [min £1.5m]

Oscar De Marcos (84) [min £5m]

Samir Fazli (78) [min £1.5m]

Sofiane Hanni (75) [min £600k]

Sergiu Florin Bus (75) [min £600k]

Regards,

Deano Bryanto ;)

(Charlton Athletic manager)

To all EC106 managers (except Crystal Palace and Millwall managers :P)' date='[/quote']

What have I done :D

Millwall beat Newcastle 3-2 the other day to move into 9th place, although at the cost of two injuries and a red card. Rosina out for 3 games, Acquafresca for 10 days and Da Silva (one of four 85+ defenders at the club) out for 3 weeks.

What have I done :D

Millwall beat Newcastle 3-2 the other day to move into 9th place' date=' although at the cost of two injuries and a red card. Rosina out for 3 games, Acquafresca for 10 days and Da Silva (one of four 85+ defenders at the club) out for 3 weeks.[/quote']

Millwall are just being one of Charlton's South London rivals, that's all. Nothing personal here.. :D

Just a quick line to say I am both back on the forum and luckily the finest set-up of all EC106. I’d like to apologise for my sudden and unexplained disappearance, without boring you all I had a few issues to deal with in my privite life. They continue to take up a lot of time and effort so there is a possibility that I may not be as active as I have been in the past. Nevertheless it was completely unforgivable on my part to not inform you guys that I was preoccupied elsewhere. I remain genuinely touched by the amazing level of concern voiced by many within the 106 set-up and the wider SM community as a whole about my well being. And after the very kind words of amongst others, Sean, Dave, Elliot, Tom, Callum, Jon,Simon, Jared, Chazza and Neil, I am now heartened by the mutual respect and affection that we all share for each other…

BTW after being informed that it is against the rules to hold two accounts i have arranged for the Fish account to be deleted, so your stuck with me on this one i'm affraid.