• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread West Bromwich Albion The Story So Far Back on the 26th November a new manager was appointed at West Bromwich Albion, after a spell of 3 different

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Posted Images

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Right now I can't bid on Sidnei as it doesn't sound profitable in short term as I've 4 established CB; only 1 will be in the starting lineup. There are many of my main target whose TB will end somewhere in Nov so I can't folk out money now. I usually have at least 20mil during season break but now I've 10.3mil only. That's how my wage bill control my budget this season.

Sorry' date=' was in between patients and didn't press the confirm button :o . charlton will likely beat my bid as I'm short on funds :([/quote']

Sorry Smartdoc - this is the single best excuse I have ever heard. I dont doubt its not true, not for a second. It just took me back a little when I read it. :)

The thought that you play SM in between patients is nothing short of inspiring. My committment to SM pales in comparsion.

You sir, are a legend - if i wore a top hat i would jauntily raise it, slowly nod and raise an eye brow, all in sheer respect.

(unless all you did was pause between games of Solitaire - otherwise known as Patience - in which case I take it all back)

Sorry Smartdoc - this is the single best excuse I have ever heard. I dont doubt its not true' date=' not for a second. It just took me back a little when I read it. :)

The thought that you play SM in between patients is nothing short of inspiring. My committment to SM pales in comparsion.

You sir, are a legend - if i wore a top hat i would jauntily raise it, slowly nod and raise an eye brow, all in sheer respect.

(unless all you did was pause between games of Solitaire - otherwise known as Patience - in which case I take it all back)[/quote']

There is sometimes a feeling of guilt when I'm doing so :o, but to be honest, between patients and in between morning and afternoon surgery is almost the only time I can get on SM (forum in particular) during weekdays. No Solitaire for me, SM and the forum in particular are far more stimulating :)

We're going off topic' date=' folks

could we discuss the seetup and keep non-setup discussions as PM's to one and other.

cheers[/quote']

Tbh, seeing as this is the discussion thread, I dont think it's off-topic. I know you're a moderator and you have a lot of trouble regarding off-topic posts (such as those monthly awards such as Match Reporter of the Month) but Id say about half of the 1186503 posts aren't directly related to the setup. The M/R thread is for the serious stuff such as Match Reports, Transfer Gossip etc where it is preferred but not compulsory to set your report out in a nice fashion.

Signed Taner Yalcin from Swindon Town for £1.3 Million today,delighted with that as his been a regular in the Koln setup this season and he should be in for a nice rise,he comes into an academy that currently has 52 players but I hope to reduce that amount to around 15.as a lot of the youth players are here purely for there rise and then I'll sell them on or use them in P/Es as they are valued higher in those kind of deals.

J

Tbh' date=' seeing as this is the discussion thread, I dont think it's off-topic. I know you're a moderator and you have a lot of trouble regarding off-topic posts (such as those monthly awards such as Match Reporter of the Month) but Id say about half of the 1186503 posts aren't directly related to the setup. The M/R thread is for the serious stuff such as Match Reports, Transfer Gossip etc where it is preferred but not compulsory to set your report out in a nice fashion.[/quote']

Well said and couldn't agree more. Discussing 106 managers still relates to 106!

Tbh' date=' seeing as this is the discussion thread, I dont think it's off-topic. I know you're a moderator and you have a lot of trouble regarding off-topic posts (such as those monthly awards such as Match Reporter of the Month) but Id say about half of the 1186503 posts aren't directly related to the setup. The M/R thread is for the serious stuff such as Match Reports, Transfer Gossip etc where it is preferred but not compulsory to set your report out in a nice fashion.[/quote']

Must agree with James :)

Guest 1CapWonder

could we discuss the seetup and keep non-setup discussions as PM's to one and other.

cheers[/quote']

How was it off topic? I've seen much worse on this thread! haha. At least we were talking about a 106 manager...

It is a discussion thread after all :)

EDIT: I wish Draga would take someone's job in this setup! Having him here makes me reluctant to post, hence why I've been quieter this week. Really not happy with that one but all's fair, we'll see how it goes eh Chewis. Good luck with the team, but I'll stay out of your way if you don't mind, which I'm sure you won't.

How was it off topic? I've seen much worse on this thread! haha. At least we were talking about a 106 manager...

It is a discussion thread after all :)

EDIT: I wish Draga would take someone's job in this setup! Having him here makes me reluctant to post' date=' hence why I've been quieter this week. Really not happy with that one but all's fair, we'll see how it goes eh Chewis. Good luck with the team, but I'll stay out of your way if you don't mind, which I'm sure you won't[/b'].

Fair enough. But because i am here should not stop you posting on the thread. Elliot just igorne me but keep on posting.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

cheers[/quote']

I have to agree with the lads on this one Craig. This is our discussion thread where we talk of many things as well as 106. That is why we have become such a close knit entity. We laugh, we argue, we cut up on here. When we want to discuss something in private, then we 'PM' each other, but sometimes we get on a subject that is not 106 related and we all chip in with our thoughts and views, whatever that subject may be and that is what has unified us in this set up. This is the way we have enjoyed this set up and why it is the strongest and best in the game.

Imposing a strict disciplinarian attitude will only be to the detrement of this set up, even if it does break with SM protocol.

The guys on here have a lot of respect for each other and you will be hard pressed to find swear words and angry overtones; we are not angels and there are guys with strong opinions ( I am not one of them :P) but that is how we roll on here and if Lee mentions music, or Dave talks about his hatred of all that is pure :D, or Sean bullies someone into selling off a starlet :P, then that's how this thread has evolved.

I don't mean to undermine you Craig as a mod but we have many mods in this set up and the camaraderie between us all is down to the fact that we can get into group debates that are not always 106 related and to have to take these debates onto a 'PM' negates the bond between us all and the interplay we all enjoy.

To impose SM rules strictly would be to diminish this thread and probably lead to defragmenting it as people would stop posting and just 'PM' each other. :)

Agreed. If a fly has no wings is it still a fly?

cheers[/quote']

70% off the posts on this thread are not regarding EC106 at all,if you look at the banter people such as Belkevitz,Izod and Lenny have on the thread is what makes it so unique,it's been that way since I first joined the setup and that was around 2 years ago and to be honest that's why I wanted to join the setup first time around and although it took me until my third attempt before I finally settled it's not really changed much since then,the only reason mods are saying we are going off topic usually is because several people are having an arguement and it's a good way to neutralise the situation,as far as I can see we was just having a discussion about the reason why Smartdoc didn't put a bid in for James and why we found it a good reason,it's also a good way to find out about each other a bit more and only adds to the thread rather than take away from it,we have loads of Moderators such as Ken,Dai,Lee and Andyowls just to name a few of them and yet none of them have pulled us about it so I'm not entirely sure why you would.

Ah' date=' beat me to the punch! But really, we should get back on topic. Anyone put any bids in for Justin Beiber? :P[/quote']

SM hasn't update him on DB but I've sent them ticket regarding this. I expect another bidding war.:rolleyes:

Justin Hoyte is set to join Dull City for 1 mil.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Ah' date=' beat me to the punch! But really, we should get back on topic. Anyone put any bids in for Justin Beiber? :P[/quote']

I bid he never sings again and gets a bleeding haircut! Who does he think he is? A Beatle? :confused:

yet none of them have pulled us about it so I'm not entirely sure why you would.

haha' date=' Andrew, chill, he's still relatively new here, and he's just trying to do his job....(hasn't acclimatize to the 106 way of life, I should say:D)

SM hasn't update him on DB but I've sent them ticket regarding this. I expect another bidding war.:rolleyes:

Justin Hoyte is set to join Dull City for 1 mil.

You hate them for beating Arsenal? :P

Guest drseanfitz

Signed Taner Yalcin from Swindon Town for £1.3 Million today' date='delighted with that as his been a regular in the Koln setup this season and he should be in for a nice rise,he comes into an academy that currently has 52 players but I hope to reduce that amount to around 15.as a lot of the youth players are here purely for there rise and then I'll sell them on or use them in P/Es as they are valued higher in those kind of deals.[/quote']

I wanted him, but you bid first:mad:

We're going off topic' date=' folks[/color']

cheers

Going off topic ???

The beauty of this wonderful thread is right there in what you just said.

It's not very often ON topic fella:eek:

But if we harmlessly ramble on about whatever we want and it does not cause any harm......Whats wrong with that?

In fact if I was you Craig I'd join in the fun.......You may just enjoy it:D