English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread

Preston pull off one of the shocks of the season beating high flyers Darlington 2-0 at Deepdale. Crouch and Huddlestone continue their rich goalscoring form, despite Gareth Barry's 39th minute red card after being booked for the second time for dissent. Booked twice for two acts of dissent, that would get a fine in my books. Away from that, moved up one place to 13th.

• Replies 41.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Burrow27

• Longnose

• Chewett

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread No problem. Now for my two cents. Conceit occurs when a person feels they are superior to most others. I like to see conceit as a large head, with a

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread West Bromwich Albion The Story So Far Back on the 26th November a new manager was appointed at West Bromwich Albion, after a spell of 3 different

Re: English Championship 106 - Discussion Thread As a bit of an early Christmas present, I'm going to open up the Preston North End vaults ahead of my 777th consecutive game in charge. ^Here is th

Posted Images

Iaquinta you absolute beast! :D

Lugano scores, Hunt scores and Iaquinta gets his fourth goal in six games to give the Sky Blues a 3-0 win over Watford. Unfortunately all but one of the teams (hi, Birmingham) who we could have overtaken gained points tonight as well, so we only overtake the Blues into 10th in the table. It's still very tight at the top.

3 games left until the halfway mark. Let's push on now, lads. :)

Fulham recorded a 4-2 win over Aston Villa first half goals coming from Maarten Martens and Pierre Ducasse the visitors in spite of key players lacking fitness did put in a spirited comeback in the second half though with Sergio Floccari and Ryan Giggs pulling them back level however fitness levels showed towards the end of the game with Silviera Juan adding a 3rd in the 78th minute and Pierre Ducasse adding his 2nd of the game and his 5th of the season in the 87th minute should now pass Crystal Palace up in the 7th after this win only 1pt behind my former club Middlesbrough in 6th

After a lengthy unbeaten run to start the season, two points from nine for Arsenal had brought hope and optimism to the rest of Division One. Added to that, a shocking home defeat to ten-man Rotherham United in the English Shield on Monday had a strong Southampton side licking their lips in preparation for Wednesday evening's clash with the wounded Gunners. Unfortunately for the Saints, they found themselves up against an Arsenal side out for revenge and retribution in a bid to get their season back on track. Yet, despite a blistering start from the hosts, Southampton took the lead midway through the first half, and it was an Arsenal old-boy who got the goal, in Thiago Silva. But parity was restored by the interval through Andrei Arshavin, while David Villa and Ricardo Kaka added second half strikes to seal a well-deserved victory for the North Londoners.

As a result, the Gunners return to their rightful place at the top of Division One, where they intend to stay for the rest of the season.

Lost 3-1 to Ipswich in my first defeat in charge, Chris Brunt's been injured for a couple of weeks. I'm just not the same side without Kevin Nolan i suppose.

Has anyone else noticed a big rise in injuries recentley, in the last three games i've had three injuries in 106, and five injuries in 5579.

Much needed three points for Brentford to halt a horrible run of draws and defeats. 2-1 win away to Grimsby moves us above our hosts into 5th place. Somehow managed to slip 6 points behind leaders Luton Town having been about 5 points clear in top spot just a few matches ago... shows how much it can change.

Home match against Rushden & Diamonds next, hope to avoid an upset and pick up three more points.

Manchester City beat Sheffield United 3-1 at their own ground. I really thought the run would stop here but it seems not, i only had three shots on target in the game but that was enough to score three goals!:)

That's six wins in a row and i'm now upto fifth in the table:D

Manchester City beat Sheffield United 3-1 at their own ground. I really thought the run would stop here but it seems not' date=' i only had three shots on target in the game but that was enough to score three goals!:)

That's six wins in a row and i'm now upto fifth in the table:D[/quote']

How you got out of that game with the three points, I will never know :( . We was robbed!! Joe Hart must have played an absolute blinder :P

Very good away win at Doncastor 2-0 :). Moves me above them and into 2nd in the table' date=' although it's still so so close. ;)

[b']Home to Leyton next and should have enough to win that and possibly go top.[/b]

Leyton Orient dissapointingly draw 1-1 with table toppers Rotherham!

I rezent that! The 3 points are mine! ;-)

After a lengthy unbeaten run to start the season' date=' two points from nine for Arsenal had brought hope and optimism to the rest of Division One. Added to that, a shocking home defeat to ten-man Rotherham United in the English Shield on Monday had a strong Southampton side licking their lips in preparation for Wednesday evening's clash with the wounded Gunners. Unfortunately for the Saints, they found themselves up against an Arsenal side out for revenge and retribution in a bid to get their season back on track. Yet, despite a blistering start from the hosts, Southampton took the lead midway through the first half, and it was an Arsenal old-boy who got the goal, in Thiago Silva. But parity was restored by the interval through Andrei Arshavin, while David Villa and Ricardo Kaka added second half strikes to seal a well-deserved victory for the North Londoners.

As a result, the Gunners return to their rightful place at the top of Division One, where they intend to stay for the rest of the season.[/quote']

No shame in losing to you:o Dropped to 6th as a result.

Well i've finally caved in.

Recent so-so results have prompted me to do the previously unthinkable and i have...bought...a...full-back! :eek:

For over three years now i've stuck with three at the back across all my SM teams' date=' but with EC106 becoming ever more tactical i decided that my 3-5-2 line-up at Southend was too rigid and predictable.

The arrival of Siaka Tiene as an 88 LB/LM and Ricardo Costa being a 88 CB/RB means i can now theoretically field any formation so hopefully i'll be able to mix things up a bit now - whether all this actually helps results remains to be seen.... :o:)[/quote']

The 4-2-3-1 formation gets off to a winning start with a 2-1 away win at Leicester :D

Makelele got man of the match with his 10/10 performance and clearly enjoyed having some help sitting in front of the back 4 - weirdly the entire back 4 got 9/10 which i've never seen before (not that i'm complaining!).

Happy days - but then it's always happy days after a win - and then the next game comes along....

Leyton Orient dissapointingly draw 1-1 with table toppers Rotherham!

I rezent that! The 3 points are mine! ;-)

LOL:p, purely going off league position etc, still very new to this setup. Just checked your last fixture and probably will be quite close, of course I mean close in a 2-1 home win sort of way. ;)

LOL:p' date=' purely going off league position etc, still very new to this setup. Just checked your last fixture and probably will be quite close, of course I mean close in a 2-1 home win sort of way. ;)[/quote']

Better going off form tbh! Maybe even squads, so im quietly confident :-)