Brazilian Changes Review/Discussion

Insider

Re: Brazilian Changes Review/Discussion

Was hoping these would be delayed a week or so' date=' Toloi is at an unavailable side in one setup and his transfer ban ends in 4 days :/[/quote']

That's wonderful. You'll have less competition. I can garantee that Toloi will be done tomorrow, as another Goias player got a name change today, which means Goias are ready to be unveiled tomorrow.

Goias wil defentiely be done tommorrow as they are sitting 4th in the league and they only done the top 2 today as a man who watche every Internacional game now (watched the last 14on the bounce fallen in love with this team) was pretty pleased with there rating increaes.

Giuliano +9 more than justified IMO been sensational as has Sandro who is going to be a huge star a beast of a DM.

Danilo Silva whilst i was expecting a +6 I dnt think his +8 can be argued with in the sense that as Mark says he is not a regular but whenever he has come in he has been solid and done a decent job for the team...I can see him being a squad player and rising again.

Lauro +1 as mark says is a disgrace the guy has IMO been brilliant this season really did deserve a +2 to 87 been very good this season.

Glad Andrezinho and Alecsandro both got what they deserved in terms of there performances this season cant argue with Bolanos decrease all in all pretty fair but both lauro and Taison were undervalued and deserved at least another +1

The changes has ben great for me. I dont watch brazil football but didnt expect marquinhos(avai) 80-86 to go up that high. Whats your opinion on him MSF? Got him and william80-83 in most of my GC'S as their in external club. Also felipe81(goias) didnt go up so does that mean we have to wait for portugal changes?

My thoughts have been updated with today's changes. Very pleased.

Absolutely smashing update and what a job' date=' MsF! I applaud you.

Pinto RAFAEL MARQUES only got a +1, but with almost every other player getting in excess, it just doesn't hurt. :)

With the likes of Jucilei, Giuliano, Adilson getting generous updates, shouldn't Willians go to 86 then?[/quote']

I am now very confident that Willians is getting his Rafa Carioca-like 86.

why on earth did vagner love drop and adriano stay???

Fla havn't been rated yet.

Silva Santos GILMAR (formerly Nautico) has joined Guingamp i think' date=' so does that put him in the same situation as Victor Ramos? Only problem is he might not even get a rise playing there, whereas Victor definitely will playing for Standard :confused:[/quote']

Gilmar should get a rise for what he has done. I'm not sure they'll be rated now though.

The changes has ben great for me. I dont watch brazil football but didnt expect marquinhos(avai) 80-86 to go up that high. Whats your opinion on him MSF? Got him and william80-83 in most of my GC'S as their in external club. Also felipe81(goias) didnt go up so does that mean we have to wait for portugal changes?

Yep. My opinions on the players are on post #1' date=' just updated it to include the Avais

RAFAEL MARQUES, Pinto

TOLOI, Rafael

WERLEY, Ananias

WELTON FELIPE, Marques

DIEGO, Sacoman

Can you arrange them based on potential and likeliness to hold regular place in next years, MsF. I must sell 2 of them

1. Toloi

Welton Felipe

Werley

Rafael Marques

Diego.

Just read the updated 1st post and saw andre luis went up to 87. I bought him in 1 of my GC teams as he was the only decent defender left and though his 86 was safe. I think its the first time i bought a player who went up without me even thinking there was a small chance he would increase!

Anybody else surprised by the across-the-board strength of these Brazilian rating changes ? At this rate Paulo Henrique is going to go 71>89:rolleyes: !!!

I don't know how many of these players I've seen go 75>84 (or something like that). Seems like almost every single one....

Some random random thoughts:

(1) I wonder if SM are raising the median ratings level in Brazil...(say from 83 to 84). In which case 84s become 85s and 80s become 82s... Just a rising of all boats (so-to-speak).

(2) Another way-out thought is that SM may be taking the stance that compared to other country leagues (England, France, etc...), these young Brazilian players are able to develop their talent at a more accelerated pace (up to a certain level) because they are given the opportunity to do it during actual meaningful league games. In fact they are putting the Brazilian league at least on par (from a ratings perspective) with the very top European leagues when it comes to this. Here's one example:

• Muriqui goes to 85 (+11) playing essentially half a season for a mid-table team in Brazil
  • Asamoah goes to 85 (+10) playing essentially half a season for a mid-table UEFA team in Serie A.
  • Collison goes to 85 (+10) playing essentially half a season for a top-half team in the EPL
  • Lassad goes to 84 (+9) playing essentially half a season for a top-half team in La Liga

Who knows, maybe this example isn't enough to support this, but from these most recent ratings you can make the argument that SM is essentially saying that young players in Brazil are developing at the same pace/skill-level as the young players in the Serie A, the EPL, and La Liga.

Who knows...that might entirely be the case. Maybe these players actually ARE developing at an equivalent or faster rate than those players playing in the Top leagues in Europe. The obvious reason for this is that they get actual meaningful consistent game time, where someone like Jack Wilshere or Keko won't come anywhere close to breaking past an 84 this time around despite both being immensely immensely talented.

If that's their stance then it will be interesting to see how SM address the developing players in Europe who are also seeing consistent game time. After all the amount of hours spent by a young Brazilian player playing futbol every week is comparable to a young English player playing futbol every week. So in theory IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY a good player in England has the same ability to improve their game as a good player in Brazil.

Jack Rodwell went +5 to 83 @ Everton last year. He's an 83 when Adilson @ Gremio just went +5 to 85. Come on now... Can't even mention those players in the same breath........but the fact is that Adilson is +2 over Rodwell according to SM.

SM may be significantly weighing game time as one if not THE biggest determining factor in determining rating for younger players just hitting their inflection points....with the stress in that sentence being "YOUNGER PLAYERS HITTING THEIR INFLECTION POINTS".

To follow the logic that good young players who see "actual meaningful consistent game time" are going to see their ratings increase, then those good young players in Europe (who haven't been submersed into United's & Barca's youth academies) and who are plying their wares in League Two or the Coca-Cola League (as examples) should be rated higher.

Maybe Fabian Delph shouldn't have topped out at an 80 @ Leeds. I'd put him up against almost any of these Brazilians that went +5,+6,+7,+8 today. After all, it's very very difficult to effectively argue that his development as a very good young player is any less than Danilo Silva's, who just went +8 to 82.

Maybe England U21 (recent savior) Scott Loach shouldn't have topped out at an 81 @ Watford last year, considering that 22yr-old Denis @ Sao Paulo just went to 84. Hard to argue that Denis developed faster than Loach.

I realize the overall league rating differences between League Two/Championship/Brazileirao, but certainly young player development isn't so far different as these SM ratings would have you believe....Especially for players in Europe who are seeing the same amount of game time as their Brazilian counterparts.

Who knows maybe these ratings are telling us that SM is putting Brazil on equal par with ALL of the Top European leagues in terms of young players who are just hitting their respective inflection points.

• In the Delph/Danilo Silva example from above, Brazil is certainly far in front of League Two for young players from SM's perspective.
  • And from the Loach/Denis example above, Brazil is certainly far in front of the Championship for young players.
  • And from the Asamoah/Collison/Lassad/Muriqui example from above, Brazil is on pace with the Serie A/EPL/La Liga.

To take it a step further, if that IS true, then the researchers have set it up that if you are going to invest in a young player for the most part you can forget about any players in Europe. After all (1) good young players are rarely given a chance in the top European leagues and (2) those good young players that are given the opportunity to develop during "meaningful games" week-in and week-out are going to run into league rating ceilings (e.g. Delph/Loach).

Bottom line : For young developing talent who will make a ratings impact in SM, forget about Europe. Brazil is the place to to be. You can throw Argentina in there, too...

Anyway.... just some random (and I mean "random") thoughts...

Nice to see our joint scout, Muriqui went up 11 Mark :D

Anyway, thanks for all this amazing scouting work.. All these players have rose in my Newcastle side;

Mendes Elias up to 86

Da Silva Jucilei up to 85

Victor Giuliano up to 84

Rafael Toloi up to 84

Douglas Costa up to 80

Elierce Souza up to 84

Ananias Werley up to 82

I've still got these lot to look forward to..

Anderson Lessa

Ciro

Neymar

Wallyson

Paulo Henrique

Raul

Welinton

And a few others :)

It's great thanks a lot.