free transfers

craig

could we have free transfers (all you pay is the players wages)

at present you pay 75% of free agents, with is a lot for small clubs.

free transfers with only wages to pay would help lesser clubs strengthen their squad without dishing out too much needed cash.

These players could be free, and sold on to make funds available.

not to buy more players, simply to stay afloat.

i'm top of table but will be bankrupt in 8 weeks time. LOL :)

at present you pay 75% of free agents' date=' with is a lot for small clubs.

free transfers with only wages to pay would help lesser clubs strengthen their squad without dishing out too much needed cash.

i'm top of table but will be bankrupt in 8 weeks time. LOL :)[/quote']

it would be a good idea for smaller clubs, but im afraid cheaters would ruin this and take everyone, so would never see this happening.

People would abuse this if added' date=' and would sign players and sell them on. They did when it was at 50%, so free would be awful. 75% seems to work well.

There are some tips on the FAQ about how to make/save money, these are more obvious and fast solutions to cash flow problems I think.[/quote']

How is signing a player to sell him on for a profit abuse?

There are "feeder" clubs all over Europe that do this.

There are no clubs that I know of who sign a player with both parties being fully aware that the player has no chance of being played, and will just be sold on for profit ASAP. Feeder clubs work in quite a different way, unless I have gone mad.

The abuse i refer to though is some managers buying as many free agents as possible, at the reduced cost of 75%, only to sell them after 20 turns at anything over 75%. This is not in the spirit of the game, and also hinders other club's ability to acquire reasonably priced talent.

re free transfers

i didn't mean clubs get players for free with no intention to play them.

Clubs get players free, play them and in long term, they can sell on for a profit. (if player plays well, of course).

if player has 6 goals, 4 assists, 4 mom awards etc, then you'd get a good price for him. However, if he hasn't done well, then you'd release him on a free. (no point getting 10 free players if they play poorly, cos you'd get nothing for them and you'd lose out paying all their wages).

Also, small clubs could get experienced players for free, like 33yr olds.

This could help them for say, half a season or so. The player would then retire from playing. (when his contract runs out).

Regarding FREE players, you could limit this to say, 3 per club and cant be sold on for "x" amount of weeks. :)

You corrected us, but I am still not sure i know what you mean as you still seem to be saying we should be able to buy free agents and sell them on at a profit.

In real life, free agents are not truly free (signing on fees) and are also not normally in existence as good players on account of them being desirable. So an 80 rated player on SM would unlikely be just released or clubless in real life. In SM though there are many free agents as it is where most players go when added to the database.

However, my belief is that a true FREE agent system wont work. Reasons being that people will buy purely for the purpose of selling (irrespective of how the player performs, or what limitations we put on the number they can buy or how quickly they can sell).

Not many decent 33yr olds are free agents in real life or SM. If a club wants to release them to a club on a free, they can though - same already on SM. I got David Weir for nothing after talking to the manager of Everton at the time for instance.

There are no clubs that I know of who sign a player with both parties being fully aware that the player has no chance of being played' date=' and will just be sold on for profit ASAP. Feeder clubs work in quite a different way, unless I have gone mad.

The abuse i refer to though is some managers buying as many free agents as possible, at the reduced cost of 75%, only to sell them after 20 turns at anything over 75%. This is not in the spirit of the game, and also hinders other club's ability to acquire reasonably priced talent.[/quote']

At £20,000 a turn for 20 turns.

The player would cost you £400,000.

And you stiil have no guarantees that you will sell him.

So say it takes another 10 turns, thats an extra £200,000.

If you bought an 83 rated player(value 4 mil) for 3 mil plus the £600,000, he stands you at 3.6 million.

No one in their right mind is going to pay over the odds for that type of player anyway, so realistically there is no money to be made.

free transfers

at present you pay 75% of free agents' date=' with is a lot for small clubs.

i'm top of table but will be bankrupt in 8 weeks time. LOL :)[/quote']

we shud be able to get free transfers for free

:P

FREE agents does'nt mean their for FREE, it means they are free from any contractual obligations.

If you signed an unattached player in real life, his agent would negotiate a signing on fee for him.

That is in effect what the payment you make for that player is.

Also paying for these players keeps the economy of a setup at a more or less constant rate.

Prize money every season, and cash injections would mount up otherwise within the setup, making the value's of players redundant.

Otherwise inflation would have to be created into the game, making it even more complicated for the tech teams.

free agents

FREE agents does'nt mean their for FREE' date=' it means they are free from any contractual obligations.

If you signed an unattached player in real life, his agent would negotiate a signing on fee for him.

That is in effect what the payment you make for that player is.

Also paying for these players keeps the economy of a setup at a more or less constant rate.

Prize money every season, and cash injections would mount up otherwise within the setup, making the value's of players redundant.

Otherwise inflation would have to be created into the game, making it even more complicated for the tech teams.[/quote']

thats not 75%of his value tho its only like 250,000

I would stop playing this game if free players were ever introduced.

It sounds like the lazy man's way of making a quick buck. Good managers don't need to bring in players for nothing.

All that would happen is managers will bring in a couple of unwanted 76-77 rated players wait the 20 turns and then swap them for someone that was useful. Do this a few times and then all clubs will have loads of money and completely unreal squads. BORING!

Doing some scouting and you can find some bargains on the free agents.

free transfers

i'm the one who started this debate. i'm enjoying all the replies and discussions. Regarding Perry 81, with respect, its not the lazy way to make a quick buck (20 turns is not quick). re: "good managers don't need to bring in players for nothing". Good manager is nothing to do with it. The BEST manager in the world can only work with wot he's got. If no finance available, he's got to find players on the cheap & hope they do a job. re: "unwanted 76 77 rated players, wait 20 turns and sell for loads of cash". If 76 77 rated players play rubbish for 20 turns, then the loads of money won't be offered. (not guaranteed)

Anyway, i'm enjoying the debate. interesting points by all.

This is the best soccer site by far.

PS. I'm a Millwall shareholder in real-life. Gutted today with Forest result.

Goldilocks?

At £20' date='000 a turn for 20 turns.

The player would cost you £400,000.

And you stiil have no guarantees that you will sell him.

So say it takes another 10 turns, thats an extra £200,000.

If you bought an 83 rated player(value 4 mil) for 3 mil plus the £600,000, he stands you at 3.6 million.

No one in their right mind is going to pay over the odds for that type of player anyway, so realistically there is no money to be made.[/quote']

Yes but you part exchange out these players after 20 turns. This means you can guarantee they will leave the club promptly (if dealing with unmanaged clubs especially). Also, if a Free Agent increases in ratings (likely, as they have just been added) then of course their value and thus your profit margin, will multiply too. As such they just become bargaining chips, like Perry indicated, which is not realistic

i'm the one who started this debate. i'm enjoying all the replies and discussions. Regarding Perry 81' date=' with respect, its not the lazy way to make a quick buck (20 turns is not quick). re: "good managers don't need to bring in players for nothing". Good manager is nothing to do with it. The BEST manager in the world can only work with wot he's got. If no finance available, he's got to find players on the cheap & hope they do a job. re: "unwanted 76 77 rated players, wait 20 turns and sell for loads of cash". If 76 77 rated players play rubbish for 20 turns, then the loads of money won't be offered. (not guaranteed)[/quote']

20 turns is less than a season for most. That is quick IMO, about 2 and half months I think. Certainly not long for anyone investing any serious amount of time in the game.

Good managers will find bargains, free agents or otherwise, is what i think Perry meant about not needing to bring in players for nothing. Some players like Merida, Fabinho, Cywka, can be bought for less than 100k and are very likely to increase in ratings. Older players also are available at a low cost quick fix if required.

You have mentioned again about how players perform affecting how they will sell. How they perform in real life affects SM player value/rating. How they play in the game though doesnt. As far as i know there is no hidden attributes in SM that make one player play better than another (when they have same morale, condition, rating). I dont offer more money for a player playing well in SM rated 80 than i would for a player playing poorly in SM rated 80. It is likely the manager that is responsible for their Avg Prf. Even if some managers do look at this - which i am sure some do - there is nothing stopping you part exchanging out or selling to unmanaged clubs.

I would like to see Unmanaged clubs more actively going for free agents. Would solve the problem of 'The deal has collapsed as >Weird Small Team< will have less than 19 players in their squad' and create some competition for decent free agents. Also would mean there would not be as many, which is more realistic.

If it really was just the old duffers or very low rated players that were then left, perhaps then I would agree Free Transfers could be Free.