Derren Brown to Predict Lottery Results

Later tonight the illusionist Derren Brown is going to predict the lottery results. Any ideas on how he is going to do this? If he gets them right then I don't know why he didn't just buy a ticket. If he gets them wrong then it could really dent his career and he will probably lose loads of peoples respect.

Re: Derren Brown to Predict Lottery Results

With Derren Brown there is always a catch. I remember the time he predicted the horse racing, telling some woman the horses that would win at each event over each day... seemed pretty impressive at the time until he revield how he done it.

Basically he filmed like 200 people and gave them a docket with the horses name on it, out of 200 only 25 would have the winning docket for example. From the 25 it would be split again until he had one overall winner, thus for making him look like he could predict the racing, where infact he had all the opitions open.

With Derren Brown there is always a catch. I remember the time he predicted the horse racing' date=' telling some woman the horses that would win at each event over each day... seemed pretty impressive at the time until he revield how he done it.

Basically he filmed like 200 people and gave them a docket with the horses name on it, out of 200 only 25 would have the winning docket for example. From the 25 it would be split again until he had one overall winner, thus for making him look like he could predict the racing, where infact he had all the opitions open.[/quote']

yeh but how the hell are you supposed to predict the lottery where the chance of guessing all the numbers is nearly impossible?

yeh but how the hell are you supposed to predict the lottery where the chance of guessing all the numbers is nearly impossible?

When he reveils how he does it at the end it will make it seem really simple. He has most probably bought 49,000,000,000 tickets or has a photoshop whizz to print him off a ticket right after the draw.... but Adamski is right it is garbage but I will be watching :D lol

*when i mean he has 49,000,000,000 tickets he has an agreement with camelot that he can't claim the winnings or something...

NO WAY! :eek:

Why did he put a ticket in? That is absolutely nuts, there has to been a catch, surely! :o

He's showing everyone how to do it on friday, and said that we should try it.. I am actually gunna watch it get mum to put a ticket down with them numbers! :rolleyes:

We will be millionaires next week ;)

EDIT: Yes Adam he got everyone right, and in numerical order as well :/

NO WAY! :eek:

Why did he put a ticket in? That is absolutely nuts' date=' there has to been a catch, surely! :o

He's showing everyone how to do it on friday, and said that we should try it.. I am actually gunna watch it get mum to put a ticket down with them numbers! :rolleyes:

We will be millionaires next week ;)

EDIT: Yes Adam he got everyone right, and in numerical order as well :/[/quote']

? how.

I think camelot will refuse to give the winning ticket ( if there is any ) the money due to this, imagine how peeved off you would be if you won , having no association with derren brown then because of him ( eejit - altho i do like to watch his shows ) you cant claim the money. this is unreal, but lke everything else he does, its mind tricks and illussions, but how he has done it on this is beyond me

? how.

I think camelot will refuse to give the winning ticket ( if there is any ) the money due to this' date=' imagine how peeved off you would be if you won , having no association with derren brown then because of him ( eejit - altho i do like to watch his shows ) you cant claim the money. this is unreal, but lke everything else he does, its mind tricks and illussions, but how he has done it on this is beyond me[/quote']

Right, he went into this empty room (looked like a warehouse).. it was just him and two camera men.. when he first went into the room he had all the balls (his predictions) lined up on a stand.

He turned on the tele and said turn over to bbc1 quickly to see that the draw is live (which i did and it was) and then the numbers came out and he had predicted them all correctly.

But he showed his predicted after the draw but the camera never went off him and the ball predictions and the tv (all in the same shot).

The programme was 10 minutes long so no adverts or anything just him, the predictions, the tv and the camera men!

I dont see how it could be cheated, but that was amazing! :o

I dont see how it could be cheated' date=' but that was amazing! :o[/quote']

He earned his money as an Illussionist not as a multi-Lottery/Betting/Prediction winner. If there was a real method don't you think the guys at Channel 4 would laugh at him for making such an audacious claim plus think he's crazy for revealing a secret like that?

If he can predict the Lottery he should become a scout on SM and predict which player's rise. :eek::D

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he did it. he said he spent the last year preparing for this so it must have been a really hard trick to pull off. I don't think it will be somehting stupid like he bought loads of tickets though but something more subtle and cunning.

This is taken from another forum:

This is a blog post from Derren's blog last year.
ON A BUS! ME!

Posted by Derren November 27' date=' 2008 at 6:30 pm

On my iphone. Currently in the middle of filming on an open top bus around Oxford st under the Christmas lights (not pictured). Tried something I hope will pay off in a year or so. Could be quite exciting.

[img']http://derrenbrownart.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/p-640-480-8a810383-1ded-4802-9433-1f2feb1e2e2c.jpeg[/img]

It was reported on The Guardian website, that people at the taping of last night's show (actually recorded on Thursday) saw an ADDITIONAL piece of footage, showing Derren on the top of an open top bus, on London's Regent Street last Christmas (you could easily tell, because he was filming beneath the famous Christmas lights on Regent St.). Atop the bus, with some assistants, Derren displayed the 6 lotto numbers, to the general public, for all to see. So, he actually predicted the numbers almost 12 months ago!! It ads a whole new level of complication and incredibility to the event. Rumour has it, the last piece of footage will be aired as part of the final event in a few week's time.

I was disappointed last night, but if this is true, I am WELL impressed. He has the entire nation calling "********", for not showing the numbers before the Lotto draw, but he actually showed them a year ago. If only someone had noticed, and played those numbers every week until this one.....well, they'd be over £2 million richer.

Genius.

From some fan's blog:

Quote:

Now this next bit is crucial, because it’s at this moment that live in the studio Derren introduced a short film by saying that what we were about to see was shot in November of 2008 on Oxford St. On the stage’s framed background screen they played a sequence of him on the top deck of an open top bus at night with last years Oxford St. Christmas lights going over his head. He walks down the centre aisle of the bus and has six kids (around 4-5 years old) sitting either side of him in banks of 2. He raises each pair of hands to show the balls they are holding, and points the numbers towards the camera. All 6 numbers that came up on Wednesday’s draw. He told us we were seeing an edited version and the full sequence would be shown when it was aired the next day.

I haven't checked up on any of this myself, but if it's true then I'm a lot more impressed than i was from watching the follow-up show on friday. I mean if he did actually reveal the numbers months before the draw (just without any of us knowing at the time), then that puts this whole thing on a different level altogether.

...That IS assuming everything I've quoted is true though. I haven't seen the proof yet myself.

I quite like Derren Brown. He interests me, I dont know what to belive though, did he really predict the lottery? Who knows, I would like to think so. Did people actually get stuck to there chair? Yes I belive they did. Although it was blatantly obvious it was... (can't rember what they call it now, he flashed an image before and after the 1 minute film. I managed to pause them on Sky + and they were very interesting, I wont say just incase someone doesnt want to know, but if you all want me to tell you I will)... And now this thing with the image, this seems very interesting and I shall give my view after the show.

By the way this was my 300th post :) Random... Tell me about it

Did anyone see the one on friday? that was weird because even though he put ads in the paper not everyone who guessed the picture would have read the paper plus she ended up at stonehenge even though only she knew was was in her picture:eek: