Your Footballing Life

Philippe Nguyen

The purpose of this thread is simple - talk about how your football life is going. Unlike the "Your footballing career thus far" thread, here you talk about anything that happens, from the training session you just got back from to the championship your team just won.

I don't have much to share today. As school has only recently resumed after the Summer break, today was my first full practice session with my school team, the Westminster High School Lions. I forgot to bring my cleats, but the only thing we did was simple touching/trapping practice for about an hour. As for my Sunday league team, Westminster United (bet you can't guess the name of the city I live it :P), we didn't have practice today, and I missed the last session on Monday. :o

About Westminster United... We're currently in the play-off semi's for the championship after defeating Deportivo Tepic 2-0 then 1-1.

So what's up with your footballing life? :)

Edit: Oh, and despite my passion for the game as a fan, I've actually only been playing since exactly April 24 this year. :o:eek:

Re: Your Footballing Life

Well Yesterday we played Sully A supposedly title challengers.

7-0 to us.Mind you we are favourites for the title after we beat one of the best teams who are likely to come second 6-2.

Our Success is down to out striker who averages a Hat-Trick a game.

Will Perkins.Remember That;)

Just got back to school after summer holidays and got back into the swing of things, with training with the Academy team, and an idiot went in with a two footed tackle on me a snapped my ankle.

Im sidelined for 5 months now, so ill probably be spending a lot of time on here because im finding it hard to walk.:mad:

Just got back to school after summer holidays and got back into the swing of things' date=' with training with the Academy team, and an idiot went in with a two footed tackle on me a snapped my ankle.

Im sidelined for 5 months now, so ill probably be spending a lot of time on here because im finding it hard to walk.:mad:[/quote']

That sucks, mate... :( I hope you get well soon. :)

I've got a game later today at 2 pm (that's 10 pm UK time) against Mexico (yeah, these guys aren't very creative with their team names :P). If we win, it's off to the finals. :)

Played yesterday morning for my local team. Newly made team' date=' we got promoted last year against all the odds, got off to a sluggish sstart but now we are winning..

Won 3-0 yesterday, i played right wing. Assisted 2 goals. Good day altogether.[/quote']

I'm guessing you live in Dublin or somewhere like that?

Unfortunately we don't have many clubs down here. The closest club to me is like a half an hour away (Monaghan United....what a team, soon to be Division 2 champions, you heard it here first B):P)

Anywho, we don't even have a team in the school (Only Gaelic and Basketball), however we did enter a blitz. I have been told a few times to continue playing but I don't want to join Monaghan United tbh as I don't know anyone who plays for them :o I'm a CB btw.

Would absolutely LOVE if we had a Sunday League down here.

Guest 1CapWonder

Well Yesterday we played Sully A supposedly title challengers.

7-0 to us.Mind you we are favourites for the title after we beat one of the best teams who are likely to come second 6-2.

Our Success is down to out striker who averages a Hat-Trick a game.

Will Perkins.Remember That;)

Will Perkins.... As in the Will Perkins who goes to Arnold School? Am I right or is it a different one?? :o

Helped out a Sunday League U17 Side yesterday who asked me to play, and as I needed the fitness I obliged. It's 7/8 years since I last played Junior Football and my how it has changed!!! 14-0 and a Double Hat-Trick from me, a crippled, unfit Crouch-Like Striker playing Defensive Midfield. The whole thing seems a shambles, you get so much time on the ball it's like a Training Session!!!

Never again I told the Manager! Haha.

I think there was a thread similar to this, where you discussed your footballing career and your achievements etc etc.

But I'll ask about my new season on here (which has just started).

Well I play for Swaffham Town F.C (In Norfolk) and in pre-season I scored a header on my debut, but I have a long term shoulder injury which has hampered me ever since I was young.

Erm.. first game of the season sunday just gone, and we won 2-1. With lots of new players we are favourites to win the league :D

Oh and I play cm/am.. kind of. I'm not fit enough to be a box to box midfielder :o

I think there was a thread similar to this' date=' where you discussed your footballing career and your achievements etc etc.

But I'll ask about my new season on here (which has just started).

Well I play for Swaffham Town F.C (In Norfolk) and in pre-season I scored a header on my debut, but I have a long term shoulder injury which has hampered me ever since I was young.

Erm.. first game of the season sunday just gone, and we won 2-1. With lots of new players we are favourites to win the league :D

Oh and I play cm/am.. kind of. I'm not fit enough to be a box to box midfielder :o[/quote']

About the shoulder did you dislocate it if so i have the same problem ???

Ouch i feel for you i dislocated mine twice and finally got operation on it im 3 months after op and feeling better best thing i ever did get the operation tbh

I was also on BBC News when I was about 4 and it was like 4th time I had dislocated it, and the doctor says "Rhys, this won't hurt a bit" and he pops it back in the socked and I said "Ouuuuuuch. That really hurt!". haha :P

I have it taped on VCR, well my Grandmother does :D

I've been playing rugby for the last few years, and it hasn't been any trouble (I dont run as much in rugby), but obviously now I play CM I have to do a lot of running, and it seems to of come back :(

Well Today we Won 4-0 against Dinas Powys A

Star Man Will Perkins got all Four and we missed a penalty.Out Captain Matty toook it and hit the bar.Everyone said Will should have taken it :L

We got the Penalty and they should have had a red card because he was last man.Their parents were screaming and shouting fix and then we missed.They all laughed and Will scored the rebound.ROFL

Guest 1CapWonder

Well Today we Won 4-0 against Dinas Powys A

Star Man Will Perkins got all Four and we missed a penalty.Out Captain Matty toook it and hit the bar.Everyone said Will should have taken it :L

We got the Penalty and they should have had a red card because he was last man.Their parents were screaming and shouting fix and then we missed.They all laughed and Will scored the rebound.ROFL

You never answered my question on Perkins...

Guest 1CapWonder

I play for my local side in goal and I can also play midfield. Apparently Port Vale are interested. (Dont even know where they are)

Is that how it works now :rolleyes:

"Apparently Port Vale are interested"

Did make me LOL though :)

Good luck with that :o Haha