Your Footballing Life

Philippe Nguyen

Re: Your Footballing Life

The team -

10719_314176885163_592110163_9438185_814801_n.jpg

We play in the Turkish Football League in London, we started this year in the Second Division. We've played 5 league games, won them all and won a Cup game against a Division One team.

We're in a mens league but majority of players are U20, so we've got a young squad but with legends of the Turkish League:D

My team is average... last Sunday we played a side called Stanley who are pretty good but beatable, we were winning 3-1 with 5 minutes to go until half time but slopped and conceded 2 quick sloppy goals before the break, I was on the bench in first half (probs because I didn't go to training on the Wednesday) but came on in the second, I played awful in the first half an hour of the second half, it was 6-3 aswell, I played a ball over the top and our RM slotted it home to make it 6-4 thought welll at least I've done something today then lol, same thing happened again, I was in space floated a ball over the defence to make it 6-5 and with 3 mins everyone knew we could get an equaliser. A corner come in I was un-marked at the back post, sorta bicycle kicked it but the keeper pulled of a teriffic save. Like 1 1/2 mins left out CM skips past 2 defenders to be 1 on 1 with the keeper, the keeper saves and the ball falls to me, took my time with the shot but dipped the keeper and goalkeeper whilst they were on there line, I was buzzin. :D

Been out of football now for 8 months. I will be returning to football within the next 4 months and thats only to get back into training. I had the same thing that Hargreaves had- Tendonitis in the knee ( only had it in 1 knee tho). Really sucks i am so bored and always on SM now but can't wait to get back into training.:D:mad::D:mad::D:mad:

Good luck on all your matches guys..

Nice thread.

I play for a good side in Cyprus(near Greece for those who don't know). Got picked for them this season. It's an academy U17B side from a Cypriot First Division team - Apollon. You can search the club on the SM database. I'm the youngest there at 15(in December) and one of the worst :o. Have played(went on as a sub) in both pre-season friendlies and got 1 assist. I missed the first 3 games of the league because of an ankle injury and just got back to training. We travel across the whole country and some times stay in hotels for a night, it's wicked!!!

Summer 08 I went to Russia for trials. I tried out for Lokomotiv(having an injury) and failed. Then got a chance, because my dads friend new someone in the club, to have trials at Saturn. I failed a medical(knee injury-miniscus) and they told me to come back when I'm 100% fit.:(:(

Been out of football now for 8 months. I will be returning to football within the next 4 months and thats only to get back into training. I had the same thing that Hargreaves had- Tendonitis in the knee ( only had it in 1 knee tho). Really sucks i am so bored and always on SM now but can't wait to get back into training.:D:mad::D:mad::D:mad:

Good luck on all your matches guys..

good luck mate and get well soon! Don't rush back under any circumstances!! Remember, discomfort is ok, pain is not! :)

Been playing football since i was 7 years old in the local league in lincolnshire, i am at under 15 level and play for Welton B. We have a real decent squad better that the A team and are hammering the C league, I play in centre-mid and i am having my best season so far,

We recently (last sunday) beat our closest rivals 5-0:cool: I scored two goals, one being a cantona style chip and got man of the match!

Proof:http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayFixture.do?id=464421

I play for worthing united under 15s and have been playing since i was 5 , we are in the B division of the arun and chichester league and are having a unlucky start to the season we are 3rd bottom with 6 points out of a possible 15. The last game we played against are local rivals rebals was an 8 goal thriller that we won 5-3 i scored in the first 5 minutes and then broke my ankle and tore all my ligaments in the tenth minute causing me to be out of football for 3-6 months :mad: my brother (captain) scored from the resulting freekick . we have also been unlucky with other injurys are starting rightback dislocated his right knee and my strike partner also dislocated his left knee while are keeper joe boneti great nephew of chelseas famous 'peter boneti' broke 2 of his toes so was out for 2 matches ( we lost 6-1 and 8-0 without him).

We have only been in the B division 2 seasons after getting promoted from the C league at under 13 level , we won the league after a 15 game win streak at the start of the season ( Only 20 games) with my strike patener scoring 24 and me scoring 23. Last season we won our opening 4 matches in the B league but performed badly over christmas only taking 1 point from 12 and we ended up finishing 4th.

Hopefully are season improves :), we are aiming for a mid table position and next season push on for promotion :D My injury means i will be out for most of the season returning to some sort of football in late january early febuary if all things go well .:rolleyes: it will be a long season for me .

Guest TOM_HEMY

I got dropped from the JV team at school. Oh well' date=' I'm not surprised - I play nowhere near as well as in my Sunday league team as I do with the school, for some reason. :confused:[/quote']

I do that aswell:confused: wierd aint it, I'm in the Island U17 squad yet I play pretty poor for the school team so I aint going for school footy this year.

I got dropped from the JV team at school. Oh well' date=' I'm not surprised - I play nowhere near as well as in my Sunday league team as I do with the school, for some reason. :confused:[/quote']

YOU THINK!!! me too!!:(

For my school I have bad touches and all which aint good for a CB.....

My club team play a completely different brand of football.. Our CB's arent the greatest on the ball for my club so very rarely do they pass out.... so we seem to lump it up a lot from defence and midfielders only pick up the scraps from the hoofs or whenever we get the ball we can only go forward or risk losing the ball LOL... I play CM (after 8 years at CB) for my club and have finally found my position... I keep hitting the post a lot though :/.. Hit it 9 times last season in 18 games :confused:.... Have played 7 games this season have hit it 4 times :/ well 6 if u count the goals i scored off the other 2 :)...

I play CB for my school team well I did and me and my Friend were rocks at the back and my school won the leinster cup! :D only conceded 1 goal in 5 matches and that was in the final :)........ For the school though its a lot different.... we are always told to keep the ball to feet as we have very small players (Except for me and ther CB) so its a complete different ball game.....

For club i seem to play Miles better i seem to win every tackle well not every tackle but a lot and I win a lot of headers etc.

but for the school I mistime tackles a lot maybe its the added pressure of playing at a higher level or.. i dunno.....

Didnt go to play for my school this season but the players are telling me i may play:o cos we conceded 3 the first match we played....... May go back playing then so..... Training back next Thursday :D

• 2 weeks later...

Play for a team called Barrowby Ospreys.

We have played played 6 games in league and cup.

Won 3' date=' Lost 2, Drew 1.

I am top scorer with 17 goals.

The last 2 games we have played a team called Red Earls who are pants, i scored 5 in one game and 6 in another, i had 6 goals before the 2 games.

We are 4th in the league, it says we have 4 points but it hasnt been updated yet, we currently have 7.

Will keep you guys updated. :)[/quote']

Just an update.

Im currently on 20 goals in 8 games. (2 cup games)

We aint picking up the points though. :(

Still on 7 points.

http://www.gyfl.co.uk/ (still says we have 4 points, but we should have 7)

My footballing life is on hold at the moment:(. I have to cut back on it or else I won't get good grades. Plus they've been playing me in defence lately which is pretty rubbish, we lost 9-5 in the last game I seem to forget that I'm not actually in midfield during the game:o.

• 1 month later...

I'm taking a break for the rest of the week due to Christmas. Not sure if we'll play on Sunday. Last Sunday, we drew 0-0 to rivals Dep. Tepic. Not too much of a surprise. I only came on as a sub. Not too much of a surprise. The bright side to look on for me is that, despite being out for three weeks because of injury, then sickness, then petty delays, I returned to practice last Friday as if I had been practicing daily, which felt really good. I actually expecting much, much less of my resilience.

Yesterday, at practice, my teammate Danny and I pulled off a wonderful strategy during a scrimmage. We were losing by a lot, and our defense was poor, so he chose to be goalie, but didn't put gloves on, telling me (I was sweeper 'cause we had no defense) to stand behind him, pretending to be the 'keeper while he pretended to be a defender. Every time someone got near him, he would spring out and catch the ball, and the other team were dumbfounded as to what was going on. :D Even more hilariously, whenever we gave away a penalty (it's not hard to using our "strategy"), I would replace him as goalkeeper, but since he was much, much smaller than me, he hid behind me inside the goal and went one way while I went the other way. We won the scrimmage. :D My coach would make an awful referee. :eek::P

I don't know if I've posted about this before.. but this season im playing for Toftwood (local team where I live) I play CB. On my debut I scored a OG (miss communication between me and the keeper).. got headbutted... TWICE! :rolleyes:

Then in my next game we won 3-2 and got in another fight. :o We're 2nd in the league after like 8 games, now in the christmas break, so havent had a game for a couple of weeks.

The teams in our league are pretty fiesty! :rolleyes:B)

• 3 weeks later...

Well due to me taking up drinking (again) in the past 4 months I haven't been to trainging in about a month and am on the werge of being kicked out of my local team and have hardly kicked a ball for a couple of weeks, my coach says "Sort out your attitude otherwise no one will want you in their team." I agree so I've made a promise to myself to try and get another trial for Altrincham by playing well for my local team and hopefully make it to at least semi-pro. Me and a few of my mates are also gonna apply for the Sky1 show 'Footballs next star' next year, if there's another series, wish me luck:D

Havn't played a game of football in months, which is really weird for me as I usually play all the time! Last time I kicked a ball was on a frozen pitch a couple of weeks ago, which wasn't a good idea as I slipped and fell on my backside..... TWICE!

Concentrating on boxing at the moment, so most of my time now if focused on running, weights and boxing training at the moment.. Hopefully as the Spring approaches we will come out of hibernation and start playing footie again.. Might join another team next summer too, as my fitness should hopefully be better than ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of playing at Westminster United. Everyone ball hogs and the team never even makes a square pass, much less a back pass. It's all chuck the ball forward, sprint, then miss the target - and avoid passing it to Philippe please. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna explore my future as a goalkeeper. If my coach and his assistant (who knows his keeper drills very well) don't provide me with the training, I'll leave and play for some old Vietnamese geezers. :o:P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1CapWonder

Well due to me taking up drinking (again) in the past 4 months I haven't been to trainging in about a month and am on the werge of being kicked out of my local team and have hardly kicked a ball for a couple of weeks' date=' my coach says "Sort out your attitude otherwise no one will want you in their team." I agree so I've made a promise to myself to try and get another trial for Altrincham by playing well for my local team and hopefully make it to at least semi-pro. Me and a few of my mates are also gonna apply for the Sky1 show 'Footballs next star' next year, if there's another series, wish me luck:D[/quote']

I nearly signed for Altrincham!!! Have you been down their before? Another trial... You might know a couple of people. Guy from my school trains with the youth team, doesn't play though I don't think. Tom Cole?

Guest 1CapWonder

Anyway, I'm going to America to play football!!! Which should be a great experience. My main concern was that not many have gone over there and come back to really make it. The offer was literally too good to refuse though in terms of money and options and the chance to really get fully fit again. I've got everything pretty much agreed and I'm flying out there March to see their first MLS game, and sign on the dotted line. Then I'll come back, finish school this year, try and get as fit as possible, and move out there in Summer. Massive for me, especially since I'm not even 18 until September. Luckily, there are opportunities if I don't quite make the grade. Going out early means I can always come back for Uni here (Loughborough preferebly) and play part time or I can stay out there and play college football (apparently your treated like a God, or so I've been promised!!) so there should be no problems fitting in and meeting people. The facilities out there are also really great and hopefully this is the chance to get fit again and get my career back on track, as it's been nothing but downhill since the cap! Whether or not my style of play will suit the football out there we will have to see, but I went out last summer and I'm confident.

Sorry for the essay, pretty excited about it though :D