Sign in to follow this  
09aparker

Marco Verratti

Marco Verratti

VERRATTI_M.jpg

Marco Verratti is an 16 year old attacking midfielder who currently plays for Pescara Calcio in the Lega Pro Prima Divisione, the third highest football league in Italy.

Agile and dynamic, a mix between Pizarro and Giovinco, and also some people dubbing him the next Totti, Verratti is attracting a lot of interest from several clubs, including Roma, Inter, Parma, Lazio, Palermo, Lecce and West Ham, they are all on the trail of the Under 17 talent.

There was a lot of speculation flying around in the recent transfer window, but there was no movement, as Marco signed a one year extension, keeping him at the club until June 2012.

It has been reported that Pescara are in a bit of financial trouble, which could mean they might be forced to sell Marco at the next transfer window.

Talking about his contract exection he said "I'm very happy for this extension of my contract - Pescara is the team that has seen me grow. This signature is a due measure to all the fans who have always encouraged me, and a thanks, obviously the club because it believed and believed in me."

Standing at around 5ft 5", and weighing 65kg, Marco is a quick nippy midfielder, who is very dynamic and agile. As i have said above he has been likened to Sebastian Giovinco of Juventus, But at 6 years younger, this guy has a lot of ability and a lot of potential and is defiantly one to watch out for.

Here is a video of him scoring a goal when Pescara played Sangiustese in a 3 - 2 victory.

oeuvRH02IJw

Info:

First name: Marco

Last name: Verratti

Club: Pescara

Nationality: Italian

Date of birth: 05/11/1992

Position: Attacking Midfielder (AM)

Rating: ??

Stats:

Pescara

(2008/2009)

Apps:7 Goals: 0

Pescara

(2009/2010)

Apps: 1 Goals: 1

Verratti.jpg

:D

Re: Marco Verratti

Nice find ... and welcome back' date=' kinda missed your scouting reports. :D[/quote']

yeah i took a break from scouting for a while, i have around 10 talents i have yet to share with the forum community, i just gotta find the time to write them up.....:rolleyes::P:)

yeah i took a break from scouting for a while' date=' i have around 10 talents i have yet to share with the forum community, i just gotta find the time to write them up.....:rolleyes::P:)[/quote']

well done on th right up but i think you may have got him from a newspaper today. :D

well done on th right up but i think you may have got him from a newspaper today. :D

i can safely admit that i did get his name from a newspaper today :)

nice one' date=' keep us informed.

when could he appear on the DB?[/quote']

urmm... im not 100% on that one, even tho he has played enough 1st team games, he plays for a team in the Italian 3rd division, and SM do not recognise that on there database :)

Riferimento: Marco Verratti

Marco Verratti is still a Pescara player.

marco_verratti.jpg

Pescara has been promoted from the former Serie C1 (today called Lega Pro 1) to Serie B.

Last year Verratti played 8 matches (7 as a subs) and scored 1 goal.

This year he made his debut in serie B playing the last minutes of both the first 2 matches.

He will for sure rise, but I'm really not an expert at all of this kind of statistics, sorry. :P

Considering that he is still 17, I would think anyway that Verratti is a long term big riser.

Pescara are now in Serie B and are 7th. Verratti had made 20 appearances for them. Some starts, some of the bench. He should rise from 76 > 79/80. With a fair bit of first team action, a transfer could happen in the off season?

Decided to bump the thread of this marvelous football player. Pescara has gained promotion to Seria A, with Verratti being one of the key players. He had 31 appearances in Seria B this past season, 26 of them being starts. Juventus and PSG are both interested in his signature, but as of today, PSG is in the drivers seat. Lets hope the boy does well, wherever he ends up.

Riferimento: Marco Verratti

Also, do not forget that he has been called up in the National Team by Cesare Prandelli just before the Euro 2012, and that he didn't make it but he was in the 30 chosen for the preparation of the tournament.

Great achievment at his age, taking into account that the Italian team traditionally has an high average age (althought Prandelli is trying to change this trand - see Balotelli, Borini, Ogbonna - but the last 2 never played).

I saw a couple of matches this year, and Verratti looked like one of the Pirlo's most similar player I've ever seen so far. Pure talent.

If he signs for Juventus, he will play one more year in Pescara (Serie A this time), and he will have time to grow up properly. If he goes to PSG, he'll definitely move to Paris immediately. Hope is not too much, all of a sudden.

Re: Riferimento: Marco Verratti

Also' date=' do not forget that he has been called up in the National Team by Cesare Prandelli just before the Euro 2012, and that he didn't make it but he was in the 30 chosen for the preparation of the tournament.

Great achievment at his age, taking into account that the Italian team traditionally has an high average age (althought Prandelli is trying to change this trand - see Balotelli, Borini, Ogbonna - but the last 2 never played).

I saw a couple of matches this year, and Verratti looked like one of the Pirlo's most similar player I've ever seen so far. Pure talent.

If he signs for Juventus, he will play one more year in Pescara (Serie A this time), and he will have time to grow up properly. If he goes to PSG, he'll definitely move to Paris immediately. Hope is not too much, all of a sudden.[/quote']

Good player with a very bright future

I made a bid for him just few hours ago when he was still 76.

Bid not yet accepted :(

Do you think my bid will go through? :(

*sorry newbie question. tried to search but forum search came back with a blank page*

Riferimento: Re: Marco Verratti

I made a bid for him just few hours ago when he was still 76.

Bid not yet accepted :(

Do you think my bid will go through? :(

*sorry newbie question. tried to search but forum search came back with a blank page*

I'm afraid that your bid won't be accepted. the player's rating and value have changed, so your bid will be rejected. I'm sorry...

He is officially a PSG player now. This quote is from NDTVSports.com

Verratti, 19, joins PSG on a five-year contract from newly promoted Italian side Pescara, in a transfer reportedly worth an initial 11 million euros ($13.4m), potentially rising to 15m euros with bonuses.

"The players here are great champions," Verratti told reporters at a press conference at Parc des Princes.

"I've seen them on television and now I'm training with them. It gives me a huge desire to do well here.

"It doesn't happen every day that a young player can join a great club like this. I'll do my best to repay PSG's faith in me."

Verratti, compared to Juventus midfielder Andrea Pirlo by PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti, is an Italy Under-21 international and was named in Cesare Prandelli's provisional Italy squad for Euro 2012.

"We are very happy to announce the transfer of Marco Verratti," said PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi.

"He's young and we believe he's the future of Italian football. We hope he'll have a big impact at PSG. He's young and talented and we expect a lot from him in the future."