Official Risers Thread

Kieran Smith

Re: Official Risers Thread

thats all of them put in here

Why? If people are investing hard work into their threads why should you post their work? I wouldn't like it; and I'd know as I'm maintaining two of those threads, and it's hard work if you listen to people's opinions and edit your list accordingly. Do your own research, write your own threads.

Why? If people are investing hard work into their threads why should you post their work? I wouldn't like it; and I'd know as I'm maintaining two of those threads' date=' and it's hard work if you listen to people's opinions and edit your list accordingly. Do your own research, write your own threads.[/quote']

i do mate if you have eyes. it does exactly wat it says on the tin with you, i dont mean im gona post other peoples work on here, i just want random people to post there thoughts on what some players may rise. no one is judged on this thread write what you think a certain player may rise too with out having to go along with a person who is an expert in the player you are talking about.

anyway it looks as tho you have just pooed on my bonfire anyway so delete the thread if you want.:D

i do mate if you have eyes. it does exactly wat it says on the tin with you' date=' i dont mean im gona post other peoples work on here, i just want random people to post there thoughts on what some players may rise. no one is judged on this thread write what you think a certain player may rise too with out having to go along with a person who is an expert in the player you are talking about.

anyway it looks as tho you have just pooed on my bonfire anyway so delete the thread if you want.:D[/quote']

I don't have the power to close the thread, but maybe a Mod should. Look, every single riser can be found in another thread, most countries have individual risers threads, and you're insane to make something like a Spanish one because the experts will pick you apart and show that you possess no actual knowledge of the league.

The vast majority of player ratings predictions on this thread would have been mentioned in another, stolen from another or mightn't be at all accurate.

I just don't see the point of this thread, you host it and compile other people's work? Not nice, and I'd encourage everyone to refrain from essentially using other people's intellectual property, i.e their knowledge of a certain player/team/league, for their own benefit.

I don't have the power to close the thread' date=' but maybe a Mod should. Look, every single riser can be found in another thread, most countries have individual risers threads, and you're insane to make something like a Spanish one because the experts will pick you apart and show that you possess no actual knowledge of the league.

The vast majority of player ratings predictions on this thread would have been mentioned in another, stolen from another or mightn't be at all accurate.

I just don't see the point of this thread, you host it and compile [b']other[/b] people's work? Not nice, and I'd encourage everyone to refrain from essentially using other people's intellectual property, i.e their knowledge of a certain player/team/league, for their own benefit.

Spanish eh????:confused:

i just said it wouldnt be other peoples work i just want people to epress there opinions on this thread about certain players and that, thats all.

anyway it dont matter

Kieran Great idea mate ' date=' dont listen to spam !!![/quote']

Sorry, how is this thread a good idea? People work hard on their threads and get bested by some half arsed one? :rolleyes:

That'll work for people who try hard. Might be a good idea if you did any work at all, but you aren't.

Sorry' date=' how is this thread a good idea? People work hard on their threads and get bested by some half arsed one? :rolleyes:

That'll work for people who try hard. Might be a good idea if you did any work at all, but you aren't.[/quote']

ermm maybe i dont want to waste my time , or i am to busy , also this thread is a good idea for people who dont have time to go through the hundreds of threads!

ermm maybe i dont want to waste my time ' date=' or i am to busy [/b'], also this thread is a good idea for people who dont have time to go through the hundreds of threads!

Well it's in the wrong place. Player Help section would acccomodate this, this shouldn't be stickied and it shouldn't be in the Player Ratings section.

And if you don't want to waste your time, quit the forum and read like thousands of SMers playing the game and not registered to the forum.

There have been threads like this, and if there is to be a thread like this (God forbid, what's the point in doing research?) then an older one should have been bumped.

Poignant note, Keiran here accused Sean, an excellent scout and signature designer of 'rep hunting'. This is exactly what rep hunting is. Talk about a hypocrite.

Why would Mark, rRdebe, DerbyPower, Abdel etc. put so much effort into their threads if they want their predictions pasted by someone else onto another person's thread, which really doesn't belong to them.

Actually, there's no problem here, as long as you don't mention players from Germany, Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Argentina, France, Brzail, Italy etc. without asking for the permission of their respective thread tenders to plagiarise their hard work.

Good luck with that.

Well it's in the wrong place. Player Help section would acccomodate this' date=' this shouldn't be stickied and it shouldn't be in the Player Ratings section.

And if you don't want to waste your time, quit the forum and read like thousands of SMers playing the game and not registered to the forum.

There have been threads like this, and if there is to be a thread like this (God forbid, what's the point in doing research?) then an older one should have been bumped.

Poignant note, Keiran here accused Sean, an excellent scout and signature designer of 'rep hunting'. This is exactly what rep hunting is. Talk about a hypocrite.

Why would Mark, rRdebe, DerbyPower, Abdel etc. put so much effort into their threads if they want their predictions pasted by someone else onto another person's thread, which really doesn't belong to them.[/quote']

ermm no i wont quit just because you tell me to , as you have a chip on your shoulder , as i like to post on the occasional thread!

ermm no i wont quit just because you tell me to ' date=' as you have a chip on your shoulder , as i like to post on the occasional thread![/quote']

Not replying to the rest eh? :rolleyes: Why's that. i didn't say that you should quit, but I wouldn't expect anything else from the 'forumer' that posted, and I quote:

'Adebayor top bloke!'

Flaming, spiteful person as per the above post then are you? Seems that way, you're either too lazy to look at others harder, better work than this non existent doss or just a user of the forum, and not an active member.

BTW I find that above quote disgusting.

I don't have the power to close the thread' date=' but maybe a Mod should. Look, every single riser can be found in another thread, most countries have individual risers threads, and you're insane to make something like a Spanish one because the experts will pick you apart and show that you possess no actual knowledge of the league.

I just don't see the point of this thread, you host it and compile [b']other[/b] people's work? Not nice, and I'd encourage everyone to refrain from essentially using other people's intellectual property, i.e their knowledge of a certain player/team/league, for their own benefit.

This reminds me of a certain forumer:p who "compiled" the graphic works of others (be it on SM/other forums) into HIS thread that he created and suddenly passed it off all the work as his:rolleyes:

This reminds me of a certain forumer:p who "compiled" the graphic works of others (be it on SM/other forums) into HIS thread that he created and suddenly passed it off all the work as his:rolleyes:

Bingo! I don't have a problem with Keiran, his other threads are great, but what if someone ripped off all of your hard work? You'd be angry to say the least.

This is a plagiarism of others work and I would implore Kieran to take it down or for a Mod to delete it.

Not replying to the rest eh? :rolleyes: Why's that. i didn't say that you should quit' date=' but I wouldn't expect anything else from the 'forumer' that posted, and I quote:

[b']'Adebayor top bloke!'[/b]

Flaming, spiteful person as per the above post then are you? Seems that way, you're either too lazy to look at others harder, better work than this non existent doss or just a user of the forum, and not an active member.

BTW I find that above quote disgusting.

ye adebayor is a top bloke , game of opinions sunshine .. and to answer your question i am too lazy , tbh with you i dont want to no the players life story, i just want to no what hes rising to, end of !

ye adebayor is a top bloke ' date=' game of opinions sunshine .. and to answer your question i am too lazy , tbh with you i dont want to no the players life story, i just want to no what hes rising to, end of ![/quote']

Can't be many top blokes that purposefully stamp on people's faces and attempt to start riots. You have a strange take on what makes a top bloke.

Mod should close this thread and Neller should ban Kieran! He made too much controversy to make him famous

Wow woooo. I don't think anyone deserves banning over that. Everyone makes mistakes early on, you should know this too!

Just shut the thread though. It's clear that the idea has been shut down by various scouts. I'd rather not have the players I've posted about on here either tbh.

Wow woooo. I don't think anyone deserves banning over that. Everyone makes mistakes early on' date=' you should know this too!

Just shut the thread though. It's clear that the idea has been shut down by various scouts. I'd rather not have the players I've posted about on here either tbh.[/quote']

Yes, i know. I just a little bit emotional with Kieran when he thought other scout who more established than him as "rep hunter". So, from now i suggest you all to give Kieran REP so he satisfied and doesn't make useless thread

I don't really see the big issue especially if the posts link back to the original threads when appropriate.

This would improve traffic on the originals and helps the folks without gobs of spare time to spend gleaning for info through dozens of threads.

As far as searching goes, it is only as good as the information in the original, which is to say some people should work on their spelling when posting, particularly the player names.

Remember, copying off one person is plagiarism, copying from many is research!

As an aside, it is kind of a sad thing to watch some of you acting like a bunch of grannies throwing biscuits at each other. Think of all the constuctive posts you could have made instead.

What is everybody whining about, when I read some of the things said against the thread I assumed that he had actually posted a list of risers, and people were getting so uppity because he was trying to steal credit, but when I took the time to read it, I realised that everyone is complaining about nothing, all he posted was an idea, a relatively good idea if thought through and implemented properly (such as the people who originally "discovered" the risers, post a list of current or future risers and link it back to the original post, that way the original posters get exposure and new forumers or people without much time, get the maximum benefit from the forum).

And the idea to ban him from the forum is ridiculous, what would you ban him for, he hasn't broken any rules.

What is everybody whining about' date=' when I read some of the things said against the thread I assumed that he had actually posted a list of risers, and people were getting so uppity because he was trying to steal credit, but when I took the time to read it, I realised that everyone is complaining about nothing, all he posted was an idea, a relatively good idea if thought through and implemented properly (such as the people who originally "discovered" the risers, post a list of current or future risers and link it back to the original post, that way the original posters get exposure and new forumers or people without much time, get the maximum benefit from the forum).

And the idea to ban him from the forum is ridiculous, what would you ban him for, he hasn't broken any rules.[/quote']

hey you stole my bit!

*throws biscuit*