Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009 (2010 edition available now)

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009

From a Dortmund fan's point of view? Yes. I always thought that he was just wasted at Schalke where he was played on the wings. But even now under Magath who plays a diamond formation he doesn't cut it at the AM position. Not neccessarily the most expectable decision' date=' but an understandable one.[/quote']

He is a Croation International and hardly ever misses a game, whether it be from the bench or starting.

Where are Croatia in the World rankings? Surely them not qualifying for the World Cup wouldn't have affected it yet?

Thanks for your clarification anyway.:)

Guest Abdel Zizi

Not pleased at all.

My team was relying on these changes, and a few didn't do as expected.

Dzeko, Gentner and Eduardo rose, like they should, but Misimovic not getting atleast 91 is an utter disgrace.

He's gave more assists than anyone ever in the Bundesliga last year, scored for fun 2 years in a row now and is THE key factor in Wolfsburgs succes, without him, Grafite and Dzeko never scored that number of goals last season.

An even worse crime: SM truly hate Arturo Vidal, missed a deserved rise for the third time in a row.

Should i sell Dzeko now and buy to more 88+ risers?

Hmmmm... toughie. It depends on your needs I guess.

It'll certainly be tough for Dzeko to go much higher than 91 this season unless Wolfsburg have a fantastic year. He's committed to them until the end of the season so there is little chance of a January move.

Looking beyond the short term, he's a fantastic player with a lot of admirers in Serie A and the EPL so, with the right move, he could well be a 93/94 rated player by this time next year. Another factor to consider is whether Bosnia can get past Portugal and make it to the World Cup - if they do then Dzeko is their star man and will attract even more attention.

I'd certainly wait until after the WC play-offs and the end of the CL group stages to make a decision. Unless you're flush with top strikers then I'd say he's one to keep.

Hmmmm... toughie. It depends on your needs I guess.

It'll certainly be tough for Dzeko to go much higher than 91 this season unless Wolfsburg have a fantastic year. He's committed to them until the end of the season so there is little chance of a January move.

Looking beyond the short term' date=' he's a fantastic player with a lot of admirers in Serie A and the EPL so, with the right move, he could well be a 93/94 rated player by this time next year. Another factor to consider is whether Bosnia can get past Portugal and make it to the World Cup - if they do then Dzeko is their star man and will attract even more attention.

I'd certainly wait until after the WC play-offs and the end of the CL group stages to make a decision. Unless you're flush with top strikers then I'd say he's one to keep.[/quote']

Thank you very much

i have tiovolen and gomis upfront too

I can't believe Misimovic didn't rise. If he doesn't rise tomorrow then that's probably one of the worst mistakes SM have ever made regarding rating changes.

The goal he scored on Tuesday was sheer class... maybe SM saw the celebration afterwards and docked him for it? :P

I can't believe Misimovic didn't rise. If he doesn't rise tomorrow then that's probably one of the worst mistakes SM have ever made regarding rating changes.

The goal he scored on Tuesday was sheer class... maybe SM saw the celebration afterwards and docked him for it? :P

I doubt so,SM have move on to the Switzlerland league. (Dont know if i spelt it right or wrong. :P)

I'm a bit surprised about Marco Russ. Thought he was a guarantee for 88? What happened' date=' and what are his chances of getting it at a later date?[/quote']

A guarantee for 88? He's listed under possible risers for a reason. IMO, he's a good defender and definitely the best at Frankfurt, but that's the problem. Frankfurt are an established mid-table team, but nothing more. It's extremely hard for any player to rise to 88 or above at such a team, it needs some extraordinary performances to do so, or constant good games for quite a while (see Ochs). I do think he's good enough to hit 88, maybe next time.

A guarantee for 88? He's listed under possible risers for a reason. IMO' date=' he's a good defender and definitely the best at Frankfurt, but that's the problem. Frankfurt are an established mid-table team, but nothing more. It's extremely hard for any player to rise to 88 or above at such a team, it needs some extraordinary performances to do so, or constant good games for quite a while (see Ochs). I do think he's good enough to hit 88, maybe next time.[/quote']

I got to agree with you Phil.You dont see a player getting more than a rating of 88 While playing for a Mid table team Unless you play very very very well. :rolleyes:

I feel Misimovic was hard done, as has been pointed out, the amount of goals he creates is phenomenal. But Benaglio still at 89? :eek: Lets compare him to another 89 GK, randomly lets pick Robert Green.

Benaglio GK 89:

1st Choice for club & Country

Bundesliga Winners medal

CL football

Going to the WC

Green GK 89:

2nd/3rd Choice for Country 1st for club

No medals, and probably none this year

Playing for an underperforming WH

May go to the WC

No European football

Im sure SM are more knowledgeable than me but this doesn't seem right. Otherwise all seem good. Well done SM.

Anyway, thats my two cents. :D

He's rather going to drop. He hasn't played for Werder Bremen' date=' but for their reserves in the 3. Liga. And he isn't really a stand-out player there either. I'd say 77 is most likely, if not even less.[/quote']

Yeah u were right he did drop! Luckily i had a bid of 2.4 million 4 him b4 the rating change which i have just accepted! Thanks 4 ur help! :D