Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009 (2010 edition available now)

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009

Where can I write a ticket asking for a players rating to be looked at again?

Thanks

My opinions on some of the names that were brought up here' date=' where some people expected a rise or did not expect a drop:

Misimovic: I agree he's the only name here that had a real chance of rising but did not. Reasons could be Wolfburg's rather poor start of the season, and more importantly his age. I don't think he's less important than Josue or Dzeko to the team though. Send a ticket if you're unhappy about it, I won't.

Benaglio: I guess those waiting for him to reach 90 haven't seen him recently. He's been anything but solid this season, lots of mistakes etc. Did not deserve 90. Btw, in comparison with an English GK probably even a 12 year old German kid would probably win it.

Pizarro: Based on his Bundesliga form, he would deserve it. But if he really was a 90 or even 91 striker as some suggested, he surely would have had a chance at Chelsea. But if he keeps up his form, he sure can hit 90 next time.

Braafheid: He was very good in the matches you've seen? I don't know which games that were, but when I've seen him he looked like the left-back version of Lell. And that certainly isn't a compliment.

Fritz: A drop that could happen. He's nowhere near the German NT atm, and that even though the RB position is probably our weakest position atm. He's never been a good defender anyway.

And in regards to the question raised earlier. Short-term I'd definitely keep Moritz (who could well hit 85+ next time if he keeps his place), long-term I'd keep Reinartz who IMO is still one of the brightest German prospects for the CB position and who will get his chance in due time as Hyypiä isn't getting any younger, Gebhart is someone who won't make any more big jumps now IMO, maybe +1's in some of the next few German changes. Nöthe won't get much higher now playing in the 2. Bundesliga.[/quote']

Where can I write a ticket asking for a players rating to be looked at again?

Thanks

Go http://www.soccermanager.com/support.php then from there I really don't know, sorry. :o

And Phil, wanted to thank you for the effort you've put into this thread and for the fact that it has been great for me; found many risers and managed to really strengthen my team, so yeah, great job and thanks man. :D

But I unfortunately have one more question.. :P

Is it worth holding onto Diekmeier?

Thanks again. :)

And please don't use the Community Support section. Use the Database Update section.

Under the Database Update section they ask you for type of inaccuracy, from

Player retired, Incorrect Name etc.

There does not seem to be an option regarding the rating of the player.

Thanks

What are your opinions on Benedikt Howedes? Seen him play a couple of times and thought he looked promising. Given his recent rise to 88, do u see him going much higher at Schalke or has he got a chance of moving to a bigger club?

Thanks

What are your opinions on Benedikt Howedes? Seen him play a couple of times and thought he looked promising. Given his recent rise to 88' date=' do u see him going much higher at Schalke or has he got a chance of moving to a bigger club?

Thanks[/quote']

I hate to say it, but Schalke have landed a real talent there. He's a great player. And more versatile than his CB position indicates. Afaik, he's also played RB and LB, and also DM for our U-21. He's only played those position only once or twice though, so no reason to change him.

About the actual topic, he can rise higher at Schalke, a 90 within a year or so can't be ruled out. He's also one who sooner or later will play for Germany, so something around 92 is in reach as well. Moving to a bigger club? I don't think he will and should move yet, give him some time to develop. I don't think he's one to play for Barca, Real or ManU one day, but he'll become a good Bundesliga player.

I hate to say it' date=' but Schalke have landed a real talent there. He's a great player. And more versatile than his CB position indicates. Afaik, he's also played RB and LB, and also DM for our U-21. He's only played those position only once or twice though, so no reason to change him.

About the actual topic, he can rise higher at Schalke, a 90 within a year or so can't be ruled out. He's also one who sooner or later will play for Germany, so something around 92 is in reach as well. Moving to a bigger club? I don't think he will and should move yet, give him some time to develop. I don't think he's one to play for Barca, Real or ManU one day, but he'll become a good Bundesliga player.[/quote']

Thanks very much for the reply - glad I've got him for a few of my teams then. Thanks for the great thread too, made a bit of money from your tips.

Really disappointed not to see Schweinsteger go up.

Bayerns best player after Ribery. As good as De Rossi/Gattuso etc.

Again , disappointed with another , Rene Adler not gone up????

Germany topped their WC group easily and conceded only 5 goals in 10 games !

Adler has been the no 1 for them.

Bayer Leverkusen are top of bundesliga.

This is one reason why i wont join Gold Membership, some players are dubious and can keep rating but cannot see how these 2 never went up??

Crazy

.................oh , and Tasci deserved one rating also.

Really disappointed not to see Schweinsteger go up.

Bayerns best player after Ribery. As good as De Rossi/Gattuso etc.

Again ' date=' disappointed with another , Rene Adler not gone up????

Germany topped their WC group easily and conceded only 5 goals in 10 games !

Adler has been the no 1 for them.

Bayer Leverkusen are top of bundesliga.

This is one reason why i wont join Gold Membership, some players are dubious and can keep rating but cannot see how these 2 never went up??

Crazy

.................oh , and Tasci deserved one rating also.[/quote']

God... one of the most stupid posts/predictions ever... Tasci and Schweinsteiger to go up? If SM weren't so conservative, they would have dropped. Schweinsteiger is constantly underperforming for Bayern, and nowhere near the level he sometimes(!) shows for the national team. Their second best player? Lahm, Klose when fit, as much as I hate to say it even van Bommel are better than him. As good as de Rossi/Gattuso. Probably. But those 2 shouldn't be over 90 in the first place... Tasci is so error-prone it sometimes hurts to watch him. Sure, his opening of the game his amongst the best in the Bundesliga, but he seriously needs to improve his defending to go up. Also, Stuttgart are doing really badly atm.

Adler didn't rise the last few times, why should he now? Unless he really makes the no1 spot his own (due to performance, not due to luck and other keepers' injuries) or Leverkusen win something, or he moves clubs (one of the keepers to be linked with ManU). He's also been inconsistent at times, although this season he's been really solid.

I hate to say it' date=' but Schalke have landed a real talent there. He's a great player. And more versatile than his CB position indicates. Afaik, he's also played RB and LB, and also DM for our U-21. He's only played those position only once or twice though, so no reason to change him.

[/quote']

Hmmm, Howedes did change position to being a Def. Which means Schalke now have 2 Def's! :eek:

God... one of the most stupid posts/predictions ever... Tasci and Schweinsteiger to go up? If SM weren't so conservative' date=' they would have dropped. Schweinsteiger is constantly underperforming for Bayern, and nowhere near the level he sometimes(!) shows for the national team. Their second best player? Lahm, Klose when fit, as much as I hate to say it even van Bommel are better than him. As good as de Rossi/Gattuso. Probably. But those 2 shouldn't be over 90 in the first place... Tasci is so error-prone it sometimes hurts to watch him. Sure, his opening of the game his amongst the best in the Bundesliga, but he seriously needs to improve his defending to go up. Also, Stuttgart are doing really badly atm.

Adler didn't rise the last few times, why should he now? Unless he really makes the no1 spot his own (due to performance, not due to luck and other keepers' injuries) or Leverkusen win something, or he moves clubs (one of the keepers to be linked with ManU). He's also been inconsistent at times, although this season he's been really solid.[/quote']

We all have opinions oh great one and just because mine differs from yours you call it 'stupid'. Take a chill pill little boy.

As for your review of these players all i can say is , is your middle name Rafa?

Wow' date=' SM has the cheek to change Misimovic's position and not his rating. Unbelievable.[/quote'] Yes mate unbelievable i was send ticket for change position and rating SM change position but rating is stay on 90 SHAME this guy is best playmaker in bundesliga i dont belive SHAME.

I have a post to send to SM support but I'm unaware of where to send it;

Perhaps my suggestion yesterday wasn't detailed enough. I'm going to compare Misimovic with Dzeko;

Misimovic

09/10 - 26 apps - 13 goals - 15 assists - Overall Kicker Rating 2.85

08/09 - 48 apps - 12 goals - 28 assists - Overall Kicker Rating 3.3

Dzeko

09/10 - 28 apps - 19 goals - 9 assists - Overall Kicker Rating 3

08/09 - 44 apps - 33 goals - 13 assists - Overall Kicker Rating 3

I believe that Misimovic and Dzeko deserve the same rating which would either mean dropping Dzeko to 90 or increasing Misimovic to 91. In my opinion, Misimovic is the better of the 2 players. He's provided many assists which is what his position desires as well as providing many goals for club and country. Without Misimovic, Dzeko wouldn't have quite a lot of his goals.

I honestly think this is the poorest decision I've ever seen made regarding rating changes. Misimovic is a guaranteed 91 in my book, especially if Dzeko can rise by 2 and be rated above Misimovic!

Can anyone tell me where I can get a full list of the rating changes? When I click on player database changes it just gives me the last 150 changes.

You can't, once they've made 150 new changes then the previous changes just get wiped from the list.

We all have opinions oh great one and just because mine differs from yours you call it 'stupid'. Take a chill pill little boy.

As for your review of these players all i can say is ' date=' is your middle name Rafa?[/quote']

Don't pretend to be an expert on things when you've clearly got no idea. Schweinsteiger has been massively disappointing for Bayern and in no way deserves a rise, and Tasci being a 91 would be ludicrous. Adler may well get a rise in the future but for now a 91 is perfect. The fact that none of your predictions came true shows how well you've analysed the players - or not, as the case may be.

Oh yeah, great mature post - if you're so offended at your opinion being called "stupid" I'd have expected you not to resort to immature jibes.

Phil how highly do you rate Patrick Ebert because he is at a unmanaged club in a GC and loads of clubs have bidded for him' date=' but I was wondering if he is a future 90+ players. Thanks help appreciated![/quote']

He's a good player, but there are 2 things that stand in his way. His temper on and off the pitch (often provoking gestures towards opponents, revenge fouls, and a bit of an anti-social behaviour like the story where he and KP Boateng walked through Berlin's streets and obviously damaged cars), and Hertha's really poor form. I don't think he's necessarily a 90+ player, but he could scratch there in 1 or 2 years if his development doesn't stall.