Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009 (2010 edition available now)

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009

Elia is now a Wing/Fwd' date=' great! :mad:[/quote']

He should be though to be fair it is Elias natural position,He plays as a winger for HSV and his former club FC Twente but yet for Holland usually plays as a striker as they have Robben,Van Persie,Kuyt,Afellay who can play on the wings as well.

Cheers. Can you tell me any players then that got a rise up to 91 or more.

Dzeko from 89 to 91 was the only one I'm aware of.

We all have opinions oh great one and just because mine differs from yours you call it 'stupid'. Take a chill pill little boy.

As for your review of these players all i can say is ' date=' is your middle name Rafa?[/quote']

You have to distinguish between opinions and predictions. If I made this game, or had any influence on the ratings a lot of them would be different. But personal opinions have nothing to do with the rating system here. Predictions mean, what will the researchers most likely do. I respect your opinion, I just said that as a prediction, that post was absolutely useless.

Don't pretend to be an expert on things when you've clearly got no idea. Schweinsteiger has been massively disappointing for Bayern and in no way deserves a rise' date=' and Tasci being a 91 would be ludicrous. Adler may well get a rise in the future but for now a 91 is perfect. The fact that none of your predictions came true shows how well you've analysed the players - or not, as the case may be.

Oh yeah, great mature post - if you're so offended at your opinion being called "stupid" I'd have expected you not to resort to immature jibes.[/quote']

ooooooooh , where did u come from ? Let me guess!!

As you can see from my original post the Germany NT team were brilliant in group stages, conceded only 5 , yes 5 goals, and HAVE improved massively in the last year. If 11 players can create a formidable team then surely these players are showing just how good they are outside club level and ratings should show this in the game.

I also thought Schafer warranted a 2 point rise not 1.

Phil GT , i respect your opinions also (fantastic thread btw) but i didnt think my post was stupid at all especially when you see where i am coming from with the current german NT.

ooooooooh ' date=' where did u come from ? Let me guess!!

As you can see from my original post the Germany NT team were brilliant in group stages, conceded only 5 , yes 5 goals, and HAVE improved massively in the last year. If 11 players can create a formidable team then surely these players are showing just how good they are outside club level and ratings should show this in the game.

I also thought Schafer warranted a 2 point rise not 1.

Phil GT , i respect your opinions also (fantastic thread btw) but i didnt think my post was stupid at all especially when you see where i am coming from with the current german NT.[/quote']

Well i dont want to join in a quarell but i have to disagree with you m8.:)

Playing well in Nt doesn't mean that the player can have a rise.For a player to rise,He must play well at Both NT and Club in order to warrant a rise.Sure Adler should have rose,But,like the others have said,91 is perfect for him,at least for now.However I dont watch Bundesliga but what i know is that Bayern are not playing well currently,So what If they has played well for Germany in the WC Qualifier,If Schweinsteiger isn't even playing well at Bayern,He cant ask for a rise that easily.Also with VfB Stuttgart also leaking goals,No way sm would let Tasci rise. :D

Thanks for a decent and mature reply m8.

Yes , i can understand what you say in a certain way but imo international is the BIGGEST stage rather than league level. This should have the better bearing on what a rating should be.

ie: An international coach of a top national side has a better idea of a player than WE do.

Thanks for a decent and mature reply m8.

Yes ' date=' i can understand what you say in a certain way but imo international is the BIGGEST stage rather than league level. This should have the better bearing on what a rating should be.

ie: An international coach of a top national side has a better idea of a player than WE do.[/quote']

Well,you see,NT games isn't the biggest thing that affects the players rating's change.1 perfect example whould be Frey whom got his current rating without Even playing for France.So hope you understand,the League may not be the top League but his performce in the league would be much more Important than his performance for the NT. :)

I think Adler is a great keeper but not worthy of 92 IMO,I would say his on the same level as someone like Mandanda who also plays for a good NT in the form of france,You also have to take into account that the limit for Leverkusen unless he does something special or outstanding or Leverkusen win the Bundesliga is 91,Sure he gets NT football and Germany have a good defensive record but there group aside from Russia was fairly poor and probably should have only conceded 5 goals.

I think Adler is a great keeper but not worthy of 92 IMO' date='I would say his on the same level as someone like Mandanda who also plays for a good NT in the form of france,You also have to take into account that the limit for Leverkusen unless he does something special or outstanding or Leverkusen win the Bundesliga is 91,Sure he gets NT football and Germany have a good defensive record but there group aside from Russia was fairly poor and probably should have only conceded 5 goals.[/quote']

Leverkusen Currently leading the Bundesliga. :) He is consitant this whole season.You said he isn't worthy of 92,but why would SAF Wants a keeper that isn't good enough to take the spot of No. 1 at United if he doesn't even have the potential.Maybe what you should state that he is Not yet ready to be a 92,However he has the potential to make it 92,But,right now,It is not the time for him to reach it. :)

Having good form for the National side should have little impact on a players ratings.

For instance, Greece won the European championship in 2004 but you wouldn't expect many of there players to have great ratings.

Continued good form over the years counts for much more than brief summer qualifications and competition.

Hmmm' date=' Howedes did change position to being a Def. Which means Schalke now have 2 Def's! :eek:[/quote']

I think SM got this one wrong ... he's a LB/CB or vice versa.

I am aware that he has played DM and RB for U-21 but those aren't positions he plays regularly and never at club level.

He's a fine player and 88 is justified for him imho but for Schalke to now have 2 DEFenders is just a joke. Westermann is fair enough but Howedes I disagree with.

Cheers,

Herby

what? poor side? but almost every other player of Mainz got some points...

Most of the Mainz players that got a rise were rated MUCH lower than Ivanschitz, who's 88 is already quite high.

I'm not sure he deserved an 89 just yet, maybe borderline but the fact that he's currently NOT playing for the Austrian NT and Mainz isn't playing in any european competitions, wouldn't have helped his cause.

I think IF he manages to score 12+ goals for the season he could well rise to 89.

;):rolleyes::eek:

Herby

is Bjorn Kopplin going to get a rise?

Im not going to lie, i know nothing of this player, but putting two and two together, the german ratings have just gone and he is currently at the rating SM feel fit, definately a up to date one so tp speak, so no one can possibly predict the rating of him has he has done nothing since the last changes ! simply because there has been like one round of fixtures ?

Or are you asking, could he rise ?

Im not going to lie' date=' i know nothing of this player, but putting two and two together, the german ratings have just gone and he is currently at the rating SM feel fit, definately a up to date one so tp speak, so no one can possibly predict the rating of him has he has done nothing since the last changes ! simply because there has been like one round of fixtures ?

Or are you asking, could he rise ?[/quote']

Thanks. A great investment buy he was then wasn't he :rolleyes:. He plays for Bayern Munchen II, 77rated Def/DM.

What can you tell me about the club?. Are they like Real Madrid castillia or something?.

Thanks. A great investment buy he was then wasn't he :rolleyes:. He plays for Bayern Munchen II' date=' 77rated Def/DM.

What can you tell me about the club?. Are they like Real Madrid castillia or something?.[/quote']

Yeah they are pal, in simple terms yes. :-) Although i know nothing of him, that doesnt mean he isnt talented and you should wait a response from one of the german scouts :)

RE: KROOS vs MULLER

Phil, Herby, Timesle, (and anyone else...)

Out of Toni Kroos and Thomas Müller, I'm curious which one you rate as a better player both near-term (next 6 months) and longer-term (next 3 years)...

Thanks in advance.

RE: KROOS vs MULLER

Phil' date=' Herby, Timesle, (and anyone else...)

Out of [b']Toni Kroos[/b] and Thomas Müller, I'm curious which one you rate as a better player both near-term (next 6 months) and longer-term (next 3 years)...

Thanks in advance.

I personally think that short-term you only can name Müller here. He's the shooting star of the German youngsters ATM and would also have played with the German NT next wednesday against Ivory Coast but after Löw talked again with the U21 coach Adrion, they decided that Müller should help the U21 in their EC qualification.

Long term it's more difficult.

On the one hand, Müller plays with a stronger team, plays in the CL (or at least EL if Bayern don't qualify for the knock out stage) and has to fight a harder competition with players in the offense like Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Gomez, Olic, Klose. And that's the rub in it. If he continues playing like that, he should have no fear to lose his starting place, because he is at least better than Schweinsteiger and also very variable in the offense. And as long as Ribery and Robben are injured there is no doubt he will play. But if he has a bad phase, it will also be no problem to replace him and it might become hard to get back in the team.

Toni Kroos on the other hand has less competition at Leverkusen - the current leader of the Bundesliga - and will play there if he's fit. But he doesn't play international matches. And after this season the loan deal between Bayern and Leverkusen ends, so Kroos will return to Munich (if Leverkusen can't find a chance to buy him, but Hoeness already refused this).

And imagine: Both playing at Munich next year, I would see Müller ahead of Kroos based on their current performances.

hi i have stefan reinartz

and after his little rise wondered if i should sell or keep

leverkusen are currently top but does he play much.

thanks for your help guys much appreciated

According to my notes Reinartz has started 5 sub in 4 more out of 14. I've sold but to buy back after TB up. incidentally 1 assist & 1 goal.