Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009 (2010 edition available now)

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009

@ all

Who to keep?

After a few people already asked who they should keep' date=' I'll make a "who to keep"-list.

[u']Low rated must keepers:[/u]

• Stefan Reinartz (Bayer Leverkusen) (80)
  • Christoph Moritz (FC Schalke 04) (82)
  • Lukas Schmitz (FC Schalke 04) (80)
  • Holger Badstuber (Bayern München) (85)
  • Thomas Müller (Bayern München) (85)
  • Philipp Bargfrede (Werder Bremen) (83)
  • Andre Schürrle (1. FSV Mainz 05) (80)
  • Marco Reus (Borussia Mönchengladbach) (didn't rise this time, but he should have) (80)
  • Carlos Zambrano (FC Schalke 04) (84)
  • Toni Kroos (Bayer Leverkusen) (85)

High rated must keepers:

• Jerome Boateng (Hamburger SV) (89)
  • Edin Dzeko (VfL Wolfsburg) (91)
  • Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen) (90)
  • Mesut Özil (Werder Bremen) (90)

High rated possible keepers (if you can't get a better one):

• Benedikt Höwedes (FC Schalke 04) (88)
  • Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund) (87)
  • Eljero Elia (Hamburger SV) (89)
  • Nuri Sahin (Borussia Dortmund) (88)
  • Marcus Berg (Hamburger SV) (89)
  • Daniel van Buyten (Bayern München) (90)
  • Manuel Neuer (FC Schalke 04) (90)
  • Marko Marin (Werder Bremen) (89)
  • Aaron Hunt (Werder Bremen) (88)
  • Neven Subotic (Borussia Dortmund) (88)

If your player isn't listed here, it's time to sell him.

cheers m8 , much appreciated :D

hey guys' date='Felix BASTIANS rosed to 83 for me.I was just asking if he is playing well now.Is SC Freiburg doing well. :confused: help is rewarded :D[/quote']

SC Freiburg are about 4 points above the dropzone, 13/18. Bastians is ever present and I would expect him to rise +2 give or take 1, dependent on how his team does, the next time. He is playing okay, but some of his teammates like Banovic are playing much better.

Great list, Tim. :)

Two questions, though :

• Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund) (87)
  • Marcus Berg (Hamburger SV) (89)

1) Hummels - shouldn't he be on the 'high-rated must-keepers' list alongside Boateng? Everytime I see him play' date=' I'm left impressed; he seems intelligent and, importantly (considering who his CB partner is), very calm and collected. Looks like he's got all the markings of a future NT player, IMO. What do you think?

2) I notice that [b']Berg[/b]'s not scored that many goals in the league, and has been benched far too many times at HSV, even in the absence of Petric & Guerrero. Is it that he's taking more time to settle down?

Great list' date=' Tim. :)

Two questions, though :

1) [b']Hummels[/b] - shouldn't he be on the 'high-rated must-keepers' list alongside Boateng? Everytime I see him play, I'm left impressed; he seems intelligent and, importantly (considering who his CB partner is), very calm and collected. Looks like he's got all the markings of a future NT player, IMO. What do you think?

2) I notice that Berg's not scored that many goals in the league, and has been benched far too many times at HSV, even in the absence of Petric & Guerrero. Is it that he's taking more time to settle down?

1) It's true that Hummels has a bright future if he continous playing that good and I can see him getting a 88 with the next changes. But I put it to the 'possible keepers' because of two reasons. At Dortmund I personally can't see him getting more than 89 because they don't really are one of the real top teams of the Bundesliga, though I have to say they keep getting better with Klopp as their coach. And the second point why I didn't put him to the definite keepers is, because compared with Boateng, he hasn't played for the German national team yet and Boateng has more chances to be a member of the World Cup team. But perhaps Phil (as Dortmund fan) can tell you more about Hummels.

2) That's true. He needs some time at Hamburg, but he is young. And he has proved his quality at the U21 championship. Yesterday he scored a very nice one in the Europe league.

what will edin dzeko rise to next?

Something between 60 and 99. Or he could retire. Ask again in 4/5/6 months when actually the next German ratings will occur. If you even have to, there'll probably be a new Bundesliga thread by then, either by me or someone else.

I have Marko Marin and Eljero Elia in my team' date=' as well as Aaron Lennon and Ashley Young. Will Marin or Elia increase further? Elia is a new signing.[/quote']

They both have great potential to rise higher and become world class wingers, and if they are playing well when the German changes come round they'll surely have a chance of rising to the 90+'s. Both are great prospects though. ;)

I'm currently trying to strengthen my LB/RB positions in my team, I currently have:

• CISSOKHO, Aly LB 22 89

• BRAAFHEID, Edson LB/CB 26 87 (whom I'm selling along with Tim BOROWSKI, to raise funds)

• LAHM, Philipp RB/LB 26 93

• MERTESACKER, Per CB 25 93

• TASCI, Serdar CB 22 90
  • BADSTUBER, Holger CB/DM 20 85

• ALDERWEIRELD, Toby CB/RB 20 85

• REINARTZ, Stefan CB/DM 20 80
  • WESTERMANN, Heiko Def/DM 26 91

• VERTONGHEN, Jan Def/DM 22 88

• TRASCH, Christian Def/DM 22 85

Tasci was playing CB/RB I think, but has had his position moved to just CB.

I'm looking at players like:

• BOATENG, Jérôme Def/DM Hamburger SV 89
  • BECK, Andreas RB TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 89
  • SCHAFER, Marcel LB/LM VfL Wolfsburg 89

Which of these is preferable? Who will nail a spot in the German World Cup team and who is having the better season, more likely to rise in near future?

Thanks

I'm currently trying to strengthen my LB/RB positions in my team' date=' I currently have:

[list']

[*]CISSOKHO, Aly LB 22 89

[*]

[*] BRAAFHEID, Edson LB/CB 26 87 (whom I'm selling along with Tim BOROWSKI, to raise funds)

[*]

[*] LAHM, Philipp RB/LB 26 93

[*]

[*] MERTESACKER, Per CB 25 93

[*]

[*] TASCI, Serdar CB 22 90

[*] BADSTUBER, Holger CB/DM 20 85

[*]

[*] ALDERWEIRELD, Toby CB/RB 20 85

[*]

[*] REINARTZ, Stefan CB/DM 20 80

[*] WESTERMANN, Heiko Def/DM 26 91

[*]

[*] VERTONGHEN, Jan Def/DM 22 88

[*]

[*] TRASCH, Christian Def/DM 22 85

Which of these is preferable? Who will nail a spot in the German World Cup team and who is having the better season, more likely to rise in near future?

Thanks

Also now looking at :

CASTRO, Gonzalo RB/DM Bayer Leverkusen 22 90

I definitely need a defender that can LB or RB, so if any are up for position change they would be no good for my team.

Thanks

Also now looking at :

CASTRO' date=' Gonzalo RB/DM Bayer Leverkusen 22 90

I definitely need a defender that can LB or RB, so if any are up for position change they would be no good for my team.

Thanks[/quote']

for what it's worth mate, i got shot of Andreas Beck - he was too miserable and brought down my team morale.. poor defensive performances meant he got lost back to hoffenheim for 14m :).

I had jerome boateng who had no such problems. leftback, right back centre deefence.. he's brilliant for me!. And i've got Heiko westermann too on my man city..

they (boateng & westerman) can play across defence very well. left or right back, they perform excellent.

Also now looking at :

CASTRO' date=' Gonzalo RB/DM Bayer Leverkusen 22 90

Thanks[/quote']

I'm currently trying to strengthen my LB/RB positions in my team' date=' I currently have:

[list']

[*]CISSOKHO, Aly LB 22 89

[*]

[*] BRAAFHEID, Edson LB/CB 26 87 (whom I'm selling along with Tim BOROWSKI, to raise funds)

[*]

[*] LAHM, Philipp RB/LB 26 93

[*]

[*] MERTESACKER, Per CB 25 93

[*]

[*] TASCI, Serdar CB 22 90

[*] BADSTUBER, Holger CB/DM 20 85

[*]

[*] ALDERWEIRELD, Toby CB/RB 20 85

[*]

[*] REINARTZ, Stefan CB/DM 20 80

[*] WESTERMANN, Heiko Def/DM 26 91

[*]

[*] VERTONGHEN, Jan Def/DM 22 88

[*]

[*] TRASCH, Christian Def/DM 22 85

Thanks

I would go for Boateng. He is the greatest talent out of the mentioned players with the best chances to be part of (the World Cup winner?! :D) Germany 2010 in Southafrica.

for what it's worth mate' date=' i got shot of Andreas Beck - he was too miserable and brought down my team morale.. poor defensive performances meant he got lost back to hoffenheim for 14m :).

I had jerome boateng who had no such problems. leftback, right back centre deefence.. he's brilliant for me!. And i've got Heiko westermann too on my man city..

they (boateng & westerman) can play across defence very well. left or right back, they perform excellent.[/quote']

I would go for Boateng. He is the greatest talent out of the mentioned players with the best chances to be part of (the World Cup winner?! :D) Germany 2010 in Southafrica.

Cheers guys, looks like Boateng is my man, I had seen him play in Germany against Russia where he got sent on his debut and had wondered if he had blown his chance.

• 2 weeks later...

What about new hit man Lucas Barrios for Borussia? Currently a 87' date=' im thinking a 89 maybe? he's leading scorer for Borussia and second in the bundesliga behing kiessling.[/quote']

He's been in great form recently. It's too early to predict ratings as the changes are still a couple of months away, but if he stays fit and keeps his scoring record, he's a dead cert for 88, and if Dortmund stay in the top 5/6 it's about time that Dortmund get a couple of more higher-rated players, Barrios, Subotic, Sahin, Kuba and Weidenfeller could/should all go to 89 then, and Owo and Hummels should get 88 as well. Also Schmelzer, Bender and Großkreutz have played really well recently, too, but I'm not entirely sure if the keep on playing if others are fit again (Kehl, Dede).

Should I keep Farfan? Is he rising or dropping?

You should keep him unless you need the money to sign someone like Ramires etc. Many think he will not rise' date=' but he has been one of the best players in a well-performing Schalke team who will most likely play CL next season.

His rating 91 -->92[/b']

I disagree with Farfan. While he certainly isn't the flop that many have seen in him after his weak last season, he surely doesn't deserve a 92. For a winger, he works too little and doesn't have enough 'on-ball skills' such as dribbling or passing/crossing, for a striker he doesn't score enough. Not enough to earn a 92 surely. And I'm still believing (and hoping) that Schalke will go through a bad period sooner or later, they've often been the worse team but still won, and all the youngsters (Schmitz, Moritz, Zambrano, Matip) probably won't be able to keep up their form for the whole season as well.

RE: OZIL & BREMEN

Hoping that someone can give me their honest assessment on him (& maybe Bremen) so far this year.

Finally had the opportunity to watch Bremen play the last few weeks in the league. Kicker has been loving Ozil all year, but it seems I've picked the wrong matches to watch him. Anyway, any insight is appreciated.

Can't give you detail Johnny, but by my hearing he's rated as the third best player in the Bundesliga.

I know he's a must buy/keep, but the Bundesliga isn't my specialty and I've seen little bar Euro U21 performances.

Good thing it isn't my thread. :o

EDIT: got a link claiming him as the Bundesliga's BEST player this season:

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a12694_arsenal-hot-up-link-germanys-wizard-%C3%B6zil