Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009 (2010 edition available now)

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009

Phil or timesle:

Who should I keep or sell out of these players?

- Bailly

- Naki

- Bance

- Rama

- Ibrahima Traore

Depends. Bailly really convinced me when he came last winter' date=' but this season he's been rather disappoitining. Sell if you already have a first choice keeper 88/89+, as Bailly will probably never exceed that.

Keep Naki and Traore, both are playing very well in the 2. Bundesliga, and both St. Pauli and Augsburg respectively could be promoted.

Bance is one to keep, he's on good form atm and could go to 87/88 within the next year.

Can anyone tell me anything about Tamas Hajnal?

I don't really agree with Barracuda there. After Hajnal's injury Klopp changed the system from the 4-4-2 diamond to a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 with 2 defensive central midfielders, and Dortmund has played really well since then, and looking at Hajnal's bad form before his injury, I wouldn't say he easily gets straight back into the team.

Dortmund's line-up currently looks like this:

-----------------Weidenfeller

Owomoyela - Hummels - Subotic - Dede/Schmelzer

--------------Bender ---- Sahin

Kuba ------------- Zidan-------Großkreutz/Valdez

-------------------Barrios

or

Kuba --------------------------Großkreutz/Valdez

--------------Zidan--Barrios

He could replace Momo in the 4-2-3-1 but IMO it won't work too well is Hajnal has more or less only one player ahead of him to pass to, while Zidan can also dribble towards the goal and look for the goal, while Hajnal is the classical playmaker. Son when Hajnal returns, he has to prove himself first.

schmitz and moritz from schalke will be great risers next time?

Maybe. Moritz rather than Schmitz, who I don't believe that he'll much of a chance when everybody's fit again (mainly Jones). Still keep, they're rather talented.

Re: Respuesta: Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009

schmitz and moritz from schalke will be great risers next time?

I watched some games of Schalke this month and the last one, and Schmitz is featuring more than Moritz. Anyway both has good potential and are talented. If you have them, keep both.

I have heard Schalke have signed Reginiussen in January' date='do you think there is much chance he can break in the first team soon and replace a central defender.[/quote']

Schalke is doing very well at the moment and you probably know the sentence: "Never change a winning team."

Nevertheless Magath is a coach who puts those players in the first team, that perform well and that are young. So if Reginiussen will perform good in the training he will get a few chances to play I think.

Hows Nuri Sahin doing?

:)

Should be answered by Phil' date=' because he is the BVB expert, but I would say Sahin is doing very well. Keep him, he should rise next time if he keeps his form.

anyone got an update for thomas muller

is he still getting games and scoring goals?

also if he is still getting games for bayern any chance he can go to the world cup??

cheers great thread and merry xmas to u

Müller is still playing. Up to now he has played in every league game and has scored 5 goals and has given 5 assists. Comparing him with Schweinsteiger (92 rated btw) who has had 17 appearances, too, but only scored 1 goal and only gave 1 assist, he is doing very well.

I'm very curious what van Gaal will do, when Ribery and Robben both are fit.

what are your predictions for these players (especialy for next rating change):

Fritz (Werder)' date=' currently 89

Hamit Altintop (Bayern), 90

Jarolim (Hamburger), 91[/quote']

It's very difficult making good predictions this early, but it's X-mas so I will try :)

Fritz 89 > 89

Hamit Altintop 90 > 89

Jarolim 91 > 91

It's very difficult making good predictions this early, but it's X-mas so I will try

Fritz 89 > 89

Hamit Altintop 90 > 89

Jarolim 91 > 91

Yeah, I know it's probably too early ;)

Do you think the drop of Altintop is permanent? I mean is he going to "return" to his 90 or maybe even get 91, 92 (???) somewhen (when if so?) in the future? Or is he just going to slowly drop year by year? Which way you see more possible/sure for him?

I know - difficult question, but maybe someone feels wise enough to try to answer.

Thanks in advance

I don't really agree with Barracuda there. After Hajnal's injury Klopp changed the system from the 4-4-2 diamond to a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 with 2 defensive central midfielders' date=' and Dortmund has played really well since then, and looking at Hajnal's bad form before his injury, I wouldn't say he easily gets straight back into the team.

Dortmund's line-up currently looks like this:

Kuba ------------- Zidan-------Großkreutz/Valdez

or

Kuba --------------------------Großkreutz/Valdez

--------------Zidan--Barrios

He could replace Momo in the 4-2-3-1 but IMO it won't work too well is Hajnal has more or less only one player ahead of him to pass to, while Zidan can also dribble towards the goal and look for the goal, while Hajnal is the classical playmaker. Son when Hajnal returns, he has to prove himself first.

[/quote']

or we could see Klopp play

Kuba ------------- Hajnal-------Zidan

but I agree with you the midfield looks stronger as it is now, and players currently employed in the starting 11 are doing great job.

p.s. do you have any news about our captain Kehl eventhough Bender is doing a great job on replacing him.

but I agree with you the midfield looks stronger as it is now' date=' and players currently employed in the starting 11 are doing great job.

p.s. do you have any news about our captain Kehl eventhough Bender is doing a great job on replacing him.[/quote']

My fear lies in Zidan's past inconsistencies. Although he's playing well currently, can he do so over the whole course of a season?

I also hear we may be in for Rosenthal of Hannover & Dabo of Saint-Etienne. The latter will surely be a replacement for Dede, should he arrive. :|

Kehl's still nowhere close to returning, right? I think I read about him having another operation recently.

EDIT - The official site mentions 'February 2010' as a possible timeframe. :(

As I never watch the Bundesliga nor keep up with it, I would like to know more about Dzeko and Kiessling. I know from pure stats and forumers' appeals that Dzeko had a brilliant run of form last season, but Kiessling this season has a clear lead on the top scorers table and Dzeko (and fellow Wolfsburg forward Grafite) has not been so prolific. Who seems the better player at the moment and which of the two have brighter futures? I'm trying to decide on whom to buy right now. :)

As I never watch the Bundesliga nor keep up with it' date=' I would like to know more about Dzeko and Kiessling. I know from pure stats and forumers' appeals that Dzeko had a brilliant run of form last season, but Kiessling this season has a clear lead on the top scorers table and Dzeko (and fellow Wolfsburg forward Grafite) has not been so prolific. Who seems the better player at the moment and which of the two have brighter futures? I'm trying to decide on whom to buy right now. :)[/quote']

Kielssling is eyoing a really good form now and so are his team Bayer Leverkusen too. Dzeko is performing well but not as good as last season, Wolfsburg haven't been doing well so far. But they've got a far less experined manager in Veh (last season Magath was in charge). But I would say that Dzeko has the better future, he's already been linked with big clubs like Milan, Arsenal. He will surely move the coming summer (hopefully Milan).

Yeah' date=' I know it's probably too early ;)

Do you think the drop of Altintop is permanent? I mean is he going to "return" to his 90 or maybe even get 91, 92 (???) somewhen (when if so?) in the future? Or is he just going to slowly drop year by year? Which way you see more possible/sure for him?

I know - difficult question, but maybe someone feels wise enough to try to answer.

Thanks in advance[/quote']

I don't think Altintop will ever go above 90 again, not if he stays at Bayern at least.

but I agree with you the midfield looks stronger as it is now' date=' and players currently employed in the starting 11 are doing great job.

p.s. do you have any news about our captain Kehl eventhough Bender is doing a great job on replacing him.[/quote']

Zidan on the wing is another option which I haven't considered in my last post, but it would be possible. However, I think that both Valdez and, on current form, Großkreutz are the better option for the wing in terms of playing style (constant tracking back etc., and generally higher work-rate).

About Kehl, as Barracuda already pointed out, the current date set for his return is February 2010, but it's only a rough estimation, it could well take a while longer until Kehl at least comes even close to his old fitness level.

And tbh, as much as I like and admire him, the way Bender's playing atm he'll find it hard enough to get back into the team.

As I never watch the Bundesliga nor keep up with it' date=' I would like to know more about Dzeko and Kiessling. I know from pure stats and forumers' appeals that Dzeko had a brilliant run of form last season, but Kiessling this season has a clear lead on the top scorers table and Dzeko (and fellow Wolfsburg forward Grafite) has not been so prolific. Who seems the better player at the moment and which of the two have brighter futures? I'm trying to decide on whom to buy right now. :)[/quote']

Pazzano's right, even though Kiessling's doing fantastic atm, Dzeko is the better option long-term IMO as well. Not only because he's linked with bigger clubs, but because he seems to have that goal-scorer instinct, which Kiessling lacked for most if his career besides the last 5 months.

Kielssling is eyoing a really good form now and so are his team Bayer Leverkusen too. Dzeko is performing well but not as good as last season' date=' Wolfsburg haven't been doing well so far. But they've got a far less experined manager in Veh (last season Magath was in charge). But I would say that Dzeko has the better future, he's already been linked with big clubs like Milan, Arsenal. He will surely move the coming summer (hopefully Milan). [/b']
Pazzano's right' date=' even though Kiessling's doing fantastic atm, Dzeko is the better option long-term IMO as well. Not only because he's linked with bigger clubs, but because he seems to have that goal-scorer instinct, which Kiessling lacked for most if his career besides the last 5 months.[/quote']

Thank you both for the advice. :) Pazzano, since you watch Ligue 1 football too, would you say that Dzeko is superior to Gignac? (After all, Gignac's been very inefficient for TFC, with nearly 100 shots this season and only 5 goals :eek:)

Thank you both for the advice. :) Pazzano' date=' since you watch Ligue 1 football too, would you say that Dzeko is superior to Gignac? (After all, Gignac's been very inefficient for TFC, with nearly 100 shots this season and only 5 goals :eek:)[/quote']

Yes Dzeko is better than Gignac. Gignac also plays for a lesser good side which dosen't help him. But anyway Dzeko is the better forward.

does anyone have an opinion on trochowski? he'll keep his rating correct?

He'll certainly not rise, but if he continues to play like he did at the start of the season, he might even drop. Elia has been good the whole season, and since Jansen returned from injury, he's been playing great, and Troche was left on the bank. If all are still fit after the winter break, I see little chance that Troche will get straight back into the team. If he doesn't find his form again soon, a drop becomes likely.

He'll certainly not rise' date=' but if he continues to play like he did at the start of the season, he might even drop. Elia has been good the whole season, and since Jansen returned from injury, he's been playing great, and Troche was left on the bank. If all are still fit after the winter break, I see little chance that Troche will get straight back into the team. If he doesn't find his form again soon, a drop becomes likely.[/quote']

Oh good thing my offer was rejected for him then!:o

Sweinsteiger

rated 92 now' date=' is it worth me getting him so he rises?? (To replace Lampard who i sold for 55mil ;) )[/quote']

He's called Schweinsteiger. And he surely won't rise. He'd be lucky (the 3rd time in a row or so) if he keeps his 92, considering he's now underperforming for Bayern for years now and only plays well occasionally for the NT.

What formation do FC Köln normally play Phil/timesle?

When everybody's fit usually a 4-2-3-1 now, or a 4-3-3, depending on how you interprete it.

-------------------------Mondragon

Schorch --------- Geromel -------- Mohamad --------- Brecko

------------------ Petit ----------- Pezzoni

Ehret -------------------- Maniche ----------------- Podolski

------------------------- Novakovic

or

-------------------------Mondragon

Schorch --------- Geromel -------- Mohamad --------- Brecko

-------------------------- Pezzoni

-------------------- Petit --------- Maniche

Ehret ----------------------------------------------- Podolski

------------------------- Novakovic