Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009 (2010 edition available now)

Phil (GT)

Re: Bundesliga Risers, Talents and Droppers 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post mate.

I was wondering about Misimovic...was just about to buy him but hoping he would go to a 91. This has been quoted as a dead cert on a number of posts. You only had him at as a 90 or possible plus 1. Which do you think is more likely ?

Might pick up Valencia if he is going to stay as a 90.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post mate.

I was wondering about Misimovic...was just about to buy him but hoping he would go to a 91. This has been quoted as a dead cert on a number of posts. You only had him at as a 90 or possible plus 1. Which do you think is more likely ?

Might pick up Valencia if he is going to stay as a 90.

He'd deserve it, but I don't think that SM would rate him higher than the 2 strikers up front. And those 2 will only get their +2 increases if both keep on scoring and Wolfsburg do well.

I couldn't see the game as I was mountaineering on Saturday' date=' but both the media and the the Dortmund fans in the forum I'm in are saying that he did quite well, solid job in the defense but not really dangerous in opening or game.

He's regularly getting games for Wolfsburg, he's 3rd choice but due to squad rotation and the fact that WOB sometimes plays with 3 strikers he picks up quite a few minutes, and he certainly doesn't play bad. I don't really know how well he did at Newcastle though, so I'm not sure if his form of last season might increase the chances of a drop. But he certainly won't rise.

Yes they do, and they'll get both healthy increases.[/quote']

cheers for this prompt response - Martins started well at Newcastle but then got injured and never really recovered. I always saw from as a scorer of spectacular goals rather than a spectacular goal scorer. Hope he does well though. :)

Very good thread mate. But know i need you to comfirm to me about alia and boatneng ratings. Thank you and keep it up.

They're called Elia and Boateng' date=' and as mentioned in the first post, they'll certainly rise by one, and depending on form nearer towards the German ratings even a +2 would be possible.

How is Kuzmanovic getting on? He was unlucky not to get a +1 in Italy, can he get that now in Germany?

I don't really think he'll rise, he hasn't really played much here yet.

hows Toni Kroos going at Leverkusen?

He was going to be massive at one point but has faded slightly - has he hit form at Leverkusen?

He's still a big talent I think, but he can't really show it. Isn't really a first teamer at Leverkusen either and often subbed in or out, but his games for the German youth teams regularly prove that he's one of the most talented players at his age.

Hey nobody answer me about Claudio PIZARRO ... he's doing very well in Werder Bremen. Does he deserve to be a 90 striker?

He has a good chance, he has single-handedly turned around so many games for Bremen last and this season, he'd deserve it.

I've added him to the possible risers list, if he can keep up his form he'll certainly hit 90 in the next changes.

Btw: Sry for missing the question earlier, must have been lost in the other argument.

Any Chance of a rise for Carlos Eduardo Phil? He's always looked quality when I've seen Hoffenheim play.

I'm not sure on him. Of course, he's a quality player, but he's also well known for his bad temper and his disciplinary problems. Plus, Hoffenheim were in free fall last season and aren't particularly doing great this season. I think there are others who'd deserve the 89 before Carlos Eduardo, like Ba or Beck, and I'm not even sure if those would rise.

What are your thoughts on Manuel FRIEDRICH mate' date=' Rise/Drop/Stay? If stay how long for?

Btw awesome thread man, gonna pick up some of these players :D[/quote']

Most likely stay. Can't see him rising due to lack of national team football for Germany and CL/UEFA League football for Leverkusen, but neither dropping when he stays fit as he's a vital part for Bayer's defense. Buy/keep him if you need a solid 90, if it's a less competitive setup there should be better options in this price/rating segment with more potential (Vermaelen, Rolando, maybe van Buyten and many more).

Most likely stay. Can't see him rising due to lack of national team football for Germany and CL/UEFA League football for Leverkusen' date=' but neither dropping when he stays fit as he's a vital part for Bayer's defense. Buy/keep him if you need a solid 90, if it's a less competitive setup there should be better options in this price/rating segment with more potential (Vermaelen, Rolando, maybe van Buyten and many more).[/quote']

Cheers dude, think i will buy him as its a very competitive setup (ec106) lol

Do you think Schalke's Bordon will drop? Although I think he's a legend he's been looking a bit tired recently (possibly due to the fact he's 50 years old :D)

I already found the drop last time extremely harsh, but this time it would just be completely unjustified. Despite the fact that Schalke are currently playing with 2 young, and in case of Zambrano even unexperienced defenders they still have one of the best defensive records of the league, last season and this one as well.

However, I don't think he'll ever regain his previous 92, but can stay above 90 for well another 2 years or so.

And if you've seen Kovac or Wörns 2 years ago, those were defenders looking old and tired...

I few questions about a few lads on my Leverkusen squad....

Rene Alder - stay with the possibility to rise further if he can now finally keep the goalkeeper spot until and after the WC.

Sedar Tasci - stay' date=' not really at his best yet.

Simon Rolfes - stay, with a slight chance of a drop because of injury, but performance-wise he's still a 91

Stefan KIESSLING - stay with a slight chance of a rise if he keeps his goal-scoring record

Buss Henrique - not in the Bundesliga anymore, but probably stay, possible dropping

Up,down or sideways? Any help would be welcome....[/quote']

------------------

Update:

Added all risers from the 2. Bundesliga (have restricted it to players rated 80 and under mainly, that will rise by at least around 3 or more)

Also note that I've been rather vague with most of my predictions, it's the first time I've really reviewed/checked ratings from the 2. Bundesliga. You may say that it's also my first thread on the 1. Liga as well, but in the last ratings I had a small list for myself and it wasn't too much off.

Players from the 3. Liga will follow soon.

Jukka RAITALA, of TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, currently rated 82, i presume he just moved their over the summer, he had a rating increase to his current rating for his previous club HJK ( i think ).

Will he feature, get any game time and ultimately rise ?

Jukka RAITALA' date=' of TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, currently rated 82, i presume he just moved their over the summer, he had a rating increase to his current rating for his previous club HJK ( i think ).

Will he feature, get any game time and ultimately rise ?[/quote']

Yep, he came on loan for a year late August, atm he's training with the first team but only playing for the reserves in Divison 5 (Oberliga). Obviously he's planned to be a long-term signing/replacement for the LB spot, neither Ibertsperger nor Eichner have the talent/skill to compete at international level (which is Hoffenheim's goal in the next seasons). I'm pretty confident that Raitala will get his chances this season, as Hoffenheim have a buy-out-clause as well and they'd need to test him of course to know if he'd be worth the transfer fee (rumoured to be around 1.5m €).

He's a bit of a gamble IMO, obviously he's regarded highly by the Finnish national team (playing at the U21-Euros, supposed to be the new LB for the Finnish NT after the WC qualifiers), but I honestly have no idea if he can make it at Hoffenheim. If he does, he surely has 90 potential, but I've never seen him play so I can't say much about him apart from what the media, Hoffenheim staff or Finnish coaches have said.

Yep' date=' he came on loan for a year late August, atm he's training with the first team but only playing for the reserves in Divison 5 (Oberliga). Obviously he's planned to be a long-term signing/replacement for the LB spot, neither Ibertsperger nor Eichner have the talent/skill to compete at international level (which is Hoffenheim's goal in the next seasons). I'm pretty confident that Raitala will get his chances this season, as Hoffenheim have a buy-out-clause as well and they'd need to test him of course to know if he'd be worth the transfer fee (rumoured to be around 1.5m €).

He's a bit of a gamble IMO, obviously he's regarded highly by the Finnish national team (playing at the U21-Euros, supposed to be the new LB for the Finnish NT after the WC qualifiers), but I honestly have no idea if he can make it at Hoffenheim. If he does, he surely has 90 potential, but I've never seen him play so I can't say much about him apart from what the media, Hoffenheim staff or Finnish coaches have said.[/quote']

Cheers Phil, i hope he gets his chance, would be a right downer if he was just to play in the reserves and rot !

I really do hope he gets his chance and gets to shine, thanks for the update, i presume once you have seen him play and know a little bit more about him you will post an update on the fella ?

Cheers Phil' date=' i hope he gets his chance, would be a right downer if he was just to play in the reserves and rot !

I really do hope he gets his chance and gets to shine, thanks for the update, i presume once you have seen him play and know a little bit more about him you will post an update on the fella ?[/quote']

I'll try to remember, if you don't hear from me just drop a PM to remind me or post on this thread (or whichever might be the most up-to-date then).