Gold Championship - Team Lottery

One of the big debates on SM is how you get a "big" club in the Gold Championships. At present, it is a first come, first serve basis. But I just wanted to throw out another possible way of distributing clubs in the Gold Championship(as most of us don't have the luxury of sitting at a computer all day checking to see when the league is open).

A lottery. And there are a number of ways to run it.

1) Completely random. The league opens and you have 24 hours to apply. After 24 hours, the clubs are distributed among the applicants at random.

2) Clubs distributed randomly, but those with higher manager ratings have a better chance/higher percentage of getting a "big" club.

3) Clubs distributed randomly, but based on the quality of clubs you own in other GC's, you have a higher percentage chance of obtaining a "big" club if your other clubs are not big. And vice versa. Also, the system will factor the total number of GC clubs you have compared to other users applying.

4) When applying for a new GC league, managers are allowed to select in order which leagues they would like to manage in (improving their chances of managing in that league, but not guaranteed).

In fact, SM could combine options #2-#4. But for each option, there is a 24 hour period to apply before the system allocates the clubs to managers.

Obviously not everyone who apply's will get a club each time, but the percentages work in the favor of those with fewer and/or weaker clubs in Gold Championships.

Interested in hearing your thoughts (for or against).

Re: Gold Championship - Team Lottery

I think a lottery system would be a great option, though I think it should be totally random pulls.

You are entirely correct in that not all the games enthusiasts can sit and click the refresh button for hours on end and the many that have done just that only to see the site **** kittens from being hammered in what amounts to a user generated DOS attack.

A lottery league would be very fun to try.

For that league you could also have a mechanism to trade teams with someone who was wanting to change their lot as well.

I think a lottery system would be a great option' date=' though I think it should be totally random pulls.

You are entirely correct in that not all the games enthusiasts can sit and click the refresh button for hours on end and the many that have done just that only to see the site **** kittens from being hammered in what amounts to a user generated DOS attack.

A lottery league would be very fun to try.

For that league you could also have a mechanism to trade teams with someone who was wanting to change their lot as well.[/quote']

I dont like the idea of a lottery allocating teams out i would rather chose my own team.

I personally think the way GC is created is a sham and detrimental to the development of the game. I have in the past posted a thread about this but it quickly got off topic i hope it doesn't happens to you. I said those managers without any gold sides should have first choice. Then 2, 3 etc..

I think this is a fairer way of doing it keeps new gold members in the game as it is very dificult to get a GC team. more new GM's = more money = quicker better improvements = more fun. I have sent this suggestion via support ticket but just got, SM is looking into GC creation and will be implimenting new ways like pre ordering teams for a fee. THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY GUYS.

I personally think the way GC is created is a sham and detrimental to the development of the game. I have in the past posted a thread about this but it quickly got off topic i hope it doesn't happens to you. I said those managers without any gold sides should have first choice. Then 2' date=' 3 etc..

I think this is a fairer way of doing it keeps new gold members in the game as it is very dificult to get a GC team. more new GM's = more money = quicker better improvements = more fun. I have sent this suggestion via support ticket but just got, SM is looking into GC creation and will be implimenting new ways like pre ordering teams for a fee. THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY GUYS.[/quote']

yes they do want our money, they are a business . . . . .

Although i disagree with pre ordering i think creating 2/3 GC's at the same time would be the best method, as one member could only try and get a big team in one of the GC's.

Been suggestd before by SoP i think

id be well keen for that

yes they do want our money' date=' they are a business . . . . .

Although i disagree with pre ordering i think creating 2/3 GC's at the same time would be the best method, as one member could only try and get a big team in one of the GC's.

id be well keen for that[/quote']

Sounds good too me, better than a lottery idea.

Although i disagree with pre ordering i think creating 2/3 GC's at the same time would be the best method, as one member could only try and get a big team in one of the GC's.[/quote']

This could be an option, but again it would still be catering to those who are online all day waiting for GC's to be created.

Instead of 1 manager getting several big name clubs, he gets 1 big name club and 2 good size clubs from the 3 GC's.... again, leaving only the small clubs to those with jobs and lives to lead away from SM. There are enough managers who do this so really wouldn't make an impact on the situation.

Maybe a lottery isn't ideal, but neither is continuing to have the same managers over and over owning all the big clubs in GC.

This could be an option' date=' but again it would still be catering to those who are online all day waiting for GC's to be created.

Instead of 1 manager getting several big name clubs, he gets 1 big name club and 2 good size clubs from the 3 GC's.... again, leaving only the small clubs to those with jobs and lives to lead away from SM. There are enough managers who do this so really wouldn't make an impact on the situation.

Maybe a lottery isn't ideal, but neither is continuing to have the same managers over and over owning all the big clubs in GC.[/quote']

Its better than a lottery, id be outraged if SM decided , be it randomly who got a team and who didnt.

Create two set of two GC's at different times during 6 weeks. Their is always going to be "loosers" in getting big teams.

3 gc's at once they have enough problems creating 1.

3 gc's at once they have enough problems creating 1.

hey im not saying the idea doesnt have it faults. But its better than the current system imo :) Or at least they could do it from time to time, i think the best way would be to mix up the methods of GC creations.

Obviously SM are looking to address the current issues

I fully understand there a business and have been talking to them about it, but introducing pre-ordering is just plain wrong and creating 2+ GC worlds at the same time just adds to the problem of dilution in game worlds which a lot of people are complaining about.