Height: 1.70m

Weight: 56kg

Honours: None

SM Rating: Not On DB

Predicted SM Rating: 70

Potential SM Rating: 95+

The Next: Sergio Aguero

In 5 Years: Starting out in Europe

Recently, the River Plate has churned out numerous young stars, the most recent heralded prodigies being the supremly talented strike duo Erik Lamela and Daniel Villalba, both tipped to make a massive impact in Argentina over the coming season(s) before heading to Europe to make their names household ones.

But River have a new crop of exciting youngsters who are expected to outshine the upcoming batch of neighbouring Buenos Aires rivals Boca's talents. The three most exciting players are Juan Kaprof, Manuel Lopetegui and Alan Arario. Arario, the player in question is tipped to be the new Messi.

Arario has been on the books of River Plate since he was 8, he started life as a fully ambidextrous central midfielder, gradually moving forward through the years, until he made the breakthrough as a striker at the ripe old age of 12. On his debut as a striker, River's Academy hammered Chacarita Juniors' Academy side 14-2. Arario scored 11 goals. Since then, he has gone on to play for River's several times U16s (U14s were his primary team), and has firmly established himself as the #1 striker, forming a brilliant striking relationship with fellow striker Juan Kaprof; in their first Academy League season they scored over 70 goals between them in 26 matches (Arario - 41, Kaprof - 35), the best partnership in the Country.Alan was involved in the controversial Superclassico derby between Boca U14s and River Plate U14s, when Plate defender Pablo Santeusanio was knocked out by a Boca player's father following an incorrect decision to award River a penalty in the dying minutes. Arario scored it, his last goal for River before 'the incident', he played one more match against Colon on the 28th of August, but he injured his hand and was subbed off early.

First was the controversial match in which he had played, then there was the media storm that River whipped up about him. In August of this year six days after the brawl, Arario and his family failed to turn up for 3 consecutive training sessions in a row, and River's academy was unable to contact anyone who knew him. He had apparently vanished off the face of the earth.

Well it turns out that Arario was in Madrid, his father negotiating a deal enablign his immediate family to be rehoused in Spain, in exchange Arario would join the Colchoneros academy and would eventually turn pro on Atleti's books.

Understandably when River found out about his secretive trip; they were furious. They immediately assigned lawyer Hector Leguizamon (who had himself sued River on behalf of Diego Maradona) to sue Atletico, and an undisclosed fee was agreed. (Diego Quintas, River's youth director appeared to be happy with the fee so i assume that it's around €3m).

Having originally denied contacting Arario, who had undergone a previous trial at the club in 2008, Atletico Madrid revealed that they had 'almost certainly' secured the services of Alan Arario for their famous academy. Not much is known as of now about the terms of his contract, but his whereabouts are known, and his family are living in Madrid. Rumours persist that he is a River player stil, but from what i gather he will turn pro in Spain.

But back to the player himself! Arario, who exploded onto the scene in the last 2 years, has been gifted with extraordinary pace, brilliant ball skills, although despite being tall for his age his heading leaves a lot to be desired. He's anything but a poacher, capable of dazzlign runs with the ball seemingly glued to his feet and he can pick out a cross field pass too.

All in all, he's got an awful long way to go to live up to his tag as the new Messi, but he's getting the right footballing education, and some very big names have some very good words to say about this kid. ;)

Re: Alan Arario - Atletico's 14YO Argentinian Megastar

14:eek: he just looks the part with he boots' date=' and definatly looks like Aguero:D[/quote']

Plays a bit like him too! :P The kid will be big, but it'll be a while before he's on the database etc, unless Atleti drop Forlan for a 14 year old...

What future? To think that any 14 year old has more then a 25% chance of making it big is just rediculous. Messi lived up to the hype. Hardly anyone else has.

He has it on his side that he's out of Argentina though. They havn't exactly stepped up in development lately.

Spam, you know I like your scout reports and arguments and stuff, but sometimes... :P

Potential for 95+? That is:

A) Very optimistic, to say the least. Only a very strict selection of players reach a rating of 95+.

B) Extremely premature. A lot of youngsters have been hyped by the media and touted as "the next Maradona", "the next Ronaldinho", whatever, and 83% of them never reach the high stages of football.

What future? To think that any 14 year old has more then a 25% chance of making it big is just rediculous. Messi lived up to the hype. Hardly anyone else has.

He has it on his side that he's out of Argentina though. They haven't exactly stepped up in development lately.

Argentina is a major hurdle for youngsters starting out early. Messi got out really early and look what happened to him! I'm not saying that Arario will be Messi Mk. 2, I'd never say that, but Diego Quintas did say it (bit biased though), and Atletico is one of the best places possible for him to go, i mean look at how Sergio Aguero turned out. Even if this kid has a head start, he's not guaranteed succes, I haven't 'physically' seen him play but I've caught a couple of matches since I heard about him, and saw highlights of the infamous U14 Superclasico, and he just looked a different class to everyone else on the pitch. It honestly looked like a grown man playing with U10s.

Spam' date=' you know I like your scout reports and arguments and stuff, but sometimes... :P

A) Very optimistic, to say the least. Only a very strict selection of players reach a rating of 95+.

B) Extremely premature. [b']A lot[/b] of youngsters have been hyped by the media and touted as "the next Maradona", "the next Ronaldinho", whatever, and 83% of them never reach the high stages of football.

is it some research or just ur innovation :P

Spam' date=' you know I like your scout reports and arguments and stuff, but sometimes... :P

B) Extremely premature. [b']A lot[/b] of youngsters have been hyped by the media and touted as "the next Maradona", "the next Ronaldinho", whatever, and 83% of them never reach the high stages of football.

Going with the hype... :P Obviously not every South American player going to Europe will be the next big thing, but I can only gauge a future rating (a very optimistic future rating:D) based on what professionals have said and what I've seen. He plays like that 6 year old kid who's the 'new Zidane' but playing and outclassing a team like that at U16 level is a much better and more reliable indicator as to whether he'll be a success than at U10 level. Think about it, I could accept it as ridiculous if I'd scouted a 10 year old, as a kid of that age would have ages to go before anything happened, but Alan Arario has signed for Spain's second best youth Academy, a side who apparently only recruits the best of the best youngsters globally and he has at most 3 years to go before he turns professional. if he's outclassing South American U16 sides, the natural progression would be to the full squad or to a European U16 squad, am I right?

No videos available as of yet, but if I get a link I'll get it up. Shame he isn't at River, because I could've gotten highlights of their matches and posted them.

is it some research or just ur innovation :P

Of course it is a research ;):D. Take notice that MsF said "To think that any 14 year old has more then a 25% chance of making it big is just ridiculous.". I'm saying "83% of them never reach the high stages of football.", which means 27% do. Very approximate percentages, aren't them? We can't be both wrong.

Going with the hype... :P Obviously not every South American player going to Europe will be the next big thing' date=' but I can only gauge a future rating (a very optimistic future rating:D) based on what professionals have said and what I've seen. He plays like that 6 year old kid who's the 'new Zidane' but playing and outclassing a team like that at U16 level is a much better and more reliable indicator as to whether he'll be a success than at U10 level. Think about it, I could accept it as ridiculous if I'd scouted a 10 year old, as a kid of that age would have ages to go before anything happened, but Alan Arario has signed for Spain's second best youth Academy, a side who apparently only recruits the best of the best youngsters globally and he has at most 3 years to go before he turns professional. if he's outclassing South American U16 sides, the natural progression would be to the full squad or to a European U16 squad, am I right?

No videos available as of yet, but if I get a link I'll get it up. Shame he isn't at River, because I could've gotten highlights of their matches and posted them.[/quote']

You may know that back in 1989, Portugal was the U-20 World Champion against the likes of Argentina, Brazil and all the Europe's portentous countries like Germany or England. The so called "critics" and coaches augured a brilliant future for that generation, and with them the first International titles for the Portuguese National Team. What you may not know is that 3/4 of those Portuguese players never made it in the world of football. Ever heard of Emilio Peixe? Probably not. Well, he was considered the MVP of that tournament. This is my point in the whole thread. He may have potential, and he may be staggering while playing against kids with his age, but he may as well crumble and be nothing more than a flop. That is why you shouldn't label any kid as "megastar" or similar acronyms.

Of course it is a research ;):D. Take notice that MsF said "To think that any 14 year old has more then a 25% chance of making it big is just ridiculous.". I'm saying "83% of them never reach the high stages of football."' date='[b'] which means 27%[/b] do. Very approximate percentages, aren't them? We can't be both wrong.

Well,i like your argument, Derby. But i'm sure you're not good at math

100% - 83%(if it's true) = 17%

Of course it is a research ;):D. Take notice that MsF said "To think that any 14 year old has more then a 25% chance of making it big is just ridiculous.". I'm saying "83% of them never reach the high stages of football."' date=' which means 27% do[/b']. Very approximate percentages, aren't them? We can't be both wrong.

though im unnecessary ripping your comment apart but can't help it :D:cool:

what MsF said is the probability of a player to be successful which he quotes at 25% dunno how?

and you said is what percent of them can be successful

so those 2 statement can't be related like you've done

plz explain :P