Which of these 3 forwards has the best chance to hit 97 ?

miller bob

Which of these 3 forwards has the best chance to hit 97 ?  

1. 1.

• Villa
    • Torres
    • Rooney

Re: Which of these 3 forwards has the best chance to hit 97 ?

Definitely not Villa. Torres maybe, if Liverpool win the Champs League, League Title, FA Cup, and Carling Cup (okay okay the last two arent neccessary, but the first two are :D:p). Rooney has the best chance, he's filling the void of scoring and ability left by Ronaldo, and has been doing it pretty well, so definitely Rooney.

Cant believe Torres is 96! Rooney has a chance' date=' but cant see united winning anything!

If id say any forward id say Drogba, but the ivory coast wont help backing that one up.

No striker so far i can pick from the top of my head worthy of a 97[/quote']

what if we add eto and ibrahimovic into the equation...do u think any 1 of em stands a chance to hit 97

If you added those two i'd say Ibrahimovic.

But that purely depends on how well he fits into Barca's new system. He's grabbed a couple of goals so far and everyone knows he has the potential to be the best in the world, it just comes down to his attitude and if he decides to really apply himself. But if you could pick any team in the world to play in as a striker you'd pick Barca.

Lets not forget Eto'o wasn't exactly world class and prolific before he went to Barca.

Great teams make great players.

If you added those two i'd say Ibrahimovic.

But that purely depends on how well he fits into Barca's new system. He's grabbed a couple of goals so far and everyone knows he has the potential to be the best in the world' date=' it just comes down to his attitude and if he decides to really apply himself. But if you could pick any team in the world to play in as a striker you'd pick Barca.

[b']Lets not forget Eto'o wasn't exactly world class and prolific before he went to Barca.[/b]

Great teams make great players.

Nonsense. He might not have been world class, such recognition only comes after proving one's merit in the biggest clubs, but back in his Mallorca days in 2003/2004 he scored 20 goals, which in a team like Mallorca, who doesn't fight with the big guns, is definitely prolific.

Nonsense. He might not have been world class' date=' such recognition only comes after proving one's merit in the biggest clubs, but back in his Mallorca days in 2003/2004 he scored 20 goals, which in a team like Mallorca, who doesn't fight with the big guns, is definitely prolific.[/quote']

True was awesome for Mallorca, can rember watching him, wen he was there. weird comment but i think he played best when he played for Mallorca, than any other team.

He still wasn't amazing, yeah he was good but when he went to Barca and played with the likes 'dinho and Messi etc he went into another level and he was awesome. Anyway the point of it was that great teams make great players and with any luck, Ibra might start to shine.

Out of the other players i would say Torres or Rooney but its unlikely. Strikers don't tend to hit 97. You have to be a playermaker to hit those heights (Messi, Gerrard, Kaka, Ronaldo, Xavi) if you understand, you have to do more than just score goals to hit 97.

Rooneys got the chance because he can play anywhere and with Ronaldo gone, he's the best player on the team now and if United win the league and Rooney is top scorer than hes got a chance but i dont know.

He still wasn't amazing' date=' yeah he was good but when he went to Barca and played with the likes 'dinho and Messi etc he went into another level and he was awesome. Anyway the point of it was that great teams make great players and with any luck, Ibra might start to shine.[/b']

Out of the other players i would say Torres or Rooney but its unlikely. Strikers don't tend to hit 97. You have to be a playermaker to hit those heights (Messi, Gerrard, Kaka, Ronaldo, Xavi) if you understand, you have to do more than just score goals to hit 97.

Rooneys got the chance because he can play anywhere and with Ronaldo gone, he's the best player on the team now and if United win the league and Rooney is top scorer than hes got a chance but i dont know.

He wasn't amazing? Perhaps for you. I know how you, top club fans, only value players when they move to top clubs. Scoring 20 goals for Mallorca is much more "awesome" than scoring 20 or 25 for Barcelona if you ask me. And you probably didn't watch Eto'o when he was in Mallorca, so how do you can compare his time in Mallorca to that of Barcelona?

Torres is scoring for Liverpool + they are a good CL team, almost always qualify for later stages. So my vote goes to Torres.

But imho, Villa is a better alround player - more versatile and at the same time a killer striker. But Valencia is not in CL, even though they look like they will be in the top 3 after Barcelona and Real Madrid in Liga.

Rooney is imo a little bit overrated. He contributes to the game a lot, high work rate etc. But he doesn't score those goals and no good in 1-on-1.

Nonsense. He might not have been world class' date=' such recognition only comes after proving one's merit in the biggest clubs, but back in his Mallorca days in 2003/2004 he scored 20 goals, which in a team like Mallorca, who doesn't fight with the big guns, is definitely prolific.[/quote']

For your arguments, Eto'o achievement with his 20 goals in 1 season with Mallorca can't considered him as prolific striker. He can end up like hmmm.... DANI GUIZA who just become 1 season wonder with el pichichi achievement. Eto'o proves that he's world class striker when he can keep his goal rate consistently at Barca.

I actually think that Torres will hit a 97 first, as he is doing so far ''Great'' with liverpool and Spain he has a chance to hit 97 before the other 2.

Other than that Samuel Eto'o will gain a 98 before both of them hit a 97 :P, no seriously.

Talking purely in terms of quality, Villa is definately the best of the three. If he'd been playing at Barca or Real for the past couple of seasons, he'd easily be worthy of a 98 in my opinion, nevermind just 97.

Playing for Valencia, with no CL football and probably not challenging for the La Liga title, will almost certainly stop him going any higher than he already is, though. It doesn't really matter how much he continues to outshine Torres in the national team, 97 is out of the question unless Spain win the World Cup and Villa scores about 12 goals including a hat-trick against Brazil in the final. :o

(I'm not having a dig at Torres in that last sentence, by the way. Just pointing out just how good David Villa is. It's almost impossible for Torres to be the number 2 striker in ANY team... but he IS second best for Spain.)

Torres could get a 97... but Liverpool would have to win at least one of the EPL or the CL, and although it's possible I think they've got their work cut out.

Rooney is maybe not as good as Torres (except for his workrate and enthusiasm, which are second to none), but I feel United have a slightly better chance of winning a bit of silverware than Liverpool (probably not the CL though - I don't think EPL clubs will dominate as much this year). It depends how the season goes. EPL title and a CL semi with Rooney as top scorer maybe?

So in summary, Torres and Rooney are both possibilities... but personally, I don't think either of them will go above 96 this year. Forget about Villa until Valencia flog him to Barca. :P

Cant believe Torres is 96! Rooney has a chance' date=' but cant see united winning anything!

If id say any forward id say Drogba, but the ivory coast wont help backing that one up.

No striker so far i can pick from the top of my head worthy of a 97[/quote']

:confused: Conservative ain't ya!. Why can't u see MUFC winning anything?. We have a serious midfield unit emerging, goals from all over the pitch and WAZZAAAA!!! Who is quite aptly filling the CR7 void. Ando & Fletcher & Rooney should get rises.. Not to mention Evergreen-Giggs is amazing this season.

That we've got Diouf coming in January [has been playing regularly in Noway, powerful, pacy dexterous accurate goal-scorer] & 1 chance 1 goal Micky Owen, we got Kiko coming through the ranks..

I can see a lot of good happening for United. Once Edwin comes back into the first team, then you will see again the emergence of an all dominating team.

We've arguably had stronger opponents than Chelsea, and are not far the pace, all this despite no 10:1 Tevez and £80m Ronaldo ;). Things are looking bright, things are looking red.. B)