Your opinion on a penalty

Your opinion on a penalty  

1. 1.

• Penalty kick, no question about it
    • Indirect free kick
    • Nothing at all

Re: Your opinion on a penalty

Its a pretty decent clearence if you ask me. Maybe a slight hint of a high foot but thats it. :confused:

Even worse was how the ball went under the keeper.

This penalty kick is generating a huge discussion here in Portugal, that is why I want to know your opinion. I think it is not a penalty too, but basically every Porto and Sporting fan says it isn't while every Benfica fan says it is.

How the penalty was scored is a bit irrelevant for this case. The thing is, hadn't the referee called it and Benfica wouldn't have 3 more points now.

It looks a dangerous clearance because the guy nearly kicks the other in the face but I wouldnt say he fouled him - he cleared the ball before he managed to get it under control.

Exatcly. The clearance wasn't exactly orthodox but still' date=' it was effective.

Football has gone soft. Its obvious he got the ball, big Girl, GET UP! foreign footballers love falling over

Strange that you mention foreign footballer. Saviola, Aimar and Di Maria are all Argentinian and probably the biggest divers in Portugal, up with Hulk as well (sometimes).

Yes but i'm saying its not just foreign players who dive' date=' rooooney:p[/quote']

But in England divers are probably not as annoying and frequent as in Portugal. Di Maria is called Dive Maria here. Saviola too, but has no direct translation in English. Benfica has had 4 penalties in 5 fixtures and 2 or 3 red cards for their opposition since the beginning of the season. And it's always that Pedro Proença guy... (note: Pedro Proença is Benfica's Howard Webb).

But in England divers are probably not as annoying and frequent as in Portugal. Di Maria is called Dive Maria here. Saviola too' date=' but has no direct translation in English. Benfica has had 4 penalties in 5 fixtures and 2 or 3 red cards for their opposition since the beginning of the season. And it's always that Pedro Proença guy... (note: Pedro Proença is Benfica's Howard Webb).[/quote']

Oh sure i know, even watching 5 minutes of any foreign game and there'll be diving happening.Portugal and Spain are the worst i feel.

Well, IMO, the defender first got to the ball, but it looked as a dangerous play (and probably should be considered as one). If I'd be the ref, I'd probably give a free kick,as I'd be afraid to call a penalty here. But then again, look at ref's position - from his position it might look as a clear penalty.

• 1 month later...