Yossi Benayoun

KopStar

Yossi Benayoun  

1. 1.

Currently rated an 89, Yossi is a key player for Liverpool and personally I feel he is one of the more unheralded stars of the team. He scored some match winners last season, namely against Fulham and Real Madrid. Personally I feel he is very under rated and was unlucky to miss out on 90 last English changes. I feel that if he maintains his high level of performance he should rise to 91 or at very least 90. So what are your opinions? What do you think he should be rated.

Re: Yossi Benayoun

He is better than Park and he is 90 so 91 is wat he deserves.

That's a bit debatable. No doubt Benayoun has better technique and offensive abilities compared to Park but Park offers something different from Benayoun. A rise to 90 for Benayoun would be fair, I wouldn't rule out a 91 at the end of the season if he keeps his first XI spot and cheap in with his fair share of goals. :)

As much as I irrationally hate Yossi Benayoun, I think his performances last season warranted a 90 and frankly he's only got better really. I don't think he's played so amazingly to get a 91 from 89 but if he continues his form he may get there by the end of season. In my eyes he is as good if not better than Park, the only thing working against Yossi is that Liverpool are lacking in the trophy compartment, but the guy definetely deserves a 90.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he should be rated 91 at a minimum if not 92 if compared to ratings of other Liverpool stars like Kuyt rated 92. How he is 89 I don't know as he has starred for Liverpool for a while now

Liverpool 2007-08, 47 appearances 11 goals (including 11 champs league and 3 goals)

Liverpool 2008-09, 40 appearances 9 goals (including 7 champs league and 1 goal)

Liverpool 2009- 7 appearances 3 goals (including 1 champs league)

75 international caps with 19 goals!

With those sorts of stats for midfielder for a club like Liverpool how is he 89??? Any other player with those stats would be rated 92 imo

That's a bit debatable. No doubt Benayoun has better technique and offensive abilities compared to Park but Park offers something different from Benayoun. A rise to 90 for Benayoun would be fair' date=' I wouldn't rule out a 91 at the end of the season if he keeps his first XI spot and cheap in with his fair share of goals. :)[/quote']

i don't know why he didn't rise the previous time round. He should have been a 90 in the first place, and i reckon 91 in the next rating changes is only fair imo.

isn't any worse than riera imo, in fact he is much better.

Benayoun is a very under-rated player in my opinion and in the next rating will go to 90 undoubtedly, but 91 is too much at the minute. This season is the first season he has been a 'regular' part of the first team and just because he plays well against the 'lesser' clubs of the premier league doesn't mean he is worthy of a 91 rating. Has anyone ever seen him have a good game against a top 4/5 side in the EPL? Because I haven't :confused:

Benayoun is a very under-rated player in my opinion and in the next rating will go to 90 undoubtedly' date=' but 91 is too much at the minute. This season is the first season he has been a 'regular' part of the first team and just because he plays well against the 'lesser' clubs of the premier league doesn't mean he is worthy of a 91 rating. Has anyone ever seen him have a good game against a top 4/5 side in the EPL? Because I haven't :confused:[/quote']

ir may not be a top 4/5 epl team but one game that springs to mind immediately is first leg against real madrid- he was brilliant and deservedly scored the decisive goal

• 4 weeks later...

91 is only fair IMO' date=' but unless both Pablo Hernandez and Thomas Vermaelen are risen to 91, then he shouldn't get it iMO, as he's been less impressiev than those 2 this season.[/quote']

tbh i think if he carries on this kind of form, he can get 93 at the end of the season. Of course that is provided that we have a good season and he stays injury free. Been by far one of the best players for us this season, alongside torres of course.

89-91-92/93

i think it should be something like that, considering that kuyt is 92 and riera is 91.

and i think pablo's problem is his national apperances, while bena is captain for israel :D

tbh i think if he carries on this kind of form' date=' he can get 93 at the end of the season. Of course that is provided that we have a good season and he stays injury free. Been by far one of the best players for us this season, alongside torres of course.

89-91-92/93

i think it should be something like that, considering that kuyt is 92 and riera is 91.

and i think pablo's problem is his national apperances, while bena is captain for israel :D[/quote']

As a Liverpool fan, even I admit that Pablo is a much more talented winger than Benayoun :eek:. I rate Benayoun highly, but Pablo is just something special. And if Benayoun was Spanish, I really doubt he'd be getting a look in.

Realistically, I think Benayoun should rise to 90 these changes and then 91 at the end of the season. He might get 91 these changes, but I think there are better players rated 91 than Yossi.

As for Vermaelen, anything above 90 would be overrating him. He's shown he can strike a ball and score goals, but he's still got to prove his defensive ability.

As a Liverpool fan' date=' even I admit that Pablo is a much more talented winger than Benayoun :eek:. I rate Benayoun highly, but Pablo is just something special. And if Benayoun was Spanish, I really doubt he'd be getting a look in.

Realistically, I think Benayoun should rise to 90 these changes and then 91 at the end of the season. He might get 91 these changes, but I think there are better players rated 91 than Yossi.

As for Vermaelen, anything above 90 would be overrating him. He's shown he can strike a ball and score goals, but he's still got to prove his defensive ability.[/quote']

tbh talent isn't everything on SM. Yes pablo may be more talented in real life, but considering other factors like the club he plays for, his national apperances, his achievements, consistency over the past 5 years, club's achievements, CL's apperances etc etc,

the rating system isn't based on talent, and i think bena has the edge when u see it in a holistic way, which is why he can get at least a 92 in a year. In fact, he should have risen the previous time.

TBH Benayoun at 93 is truely ridiculous, he's good, but 92 is the absolute cap he should get in the forseeable future. No offense intended,but he isn't of the same standard as Maxi, David Silva, Arshavin, Simao or Stankovic.

89 -> 90/91 -> 91 -> 92 over the next 2 seasons.

tbh talent isn't everything on SM. Yes pablo may be more talented in real life' date=' but considering other factors like the club he plays for, his national apperances, his achievements, consistency over the past 5 years, club's achievements, CL's apperances etc etc,

the rating system isn't based on talent, and i think bena has the edge when u see it in a holistic way, which is why he can get at least a 92 in a year. In fact, he should have risen the previous time.[/quote']

I'm not just going by talent. Pablo overall offers more to his team and is the better player :eek:. I say this as a guy who watches every Liverpool game and every Valencia game. If I was asked who I'd rather start, Pablo or Yossi, I'm afraid it'd be Pablo every time. There again I'd start Pablo ahead of many 92 rated players including the likes of Kuyt.

Also your points above. Yes, Yossi is a key player for Israel, but Pablo would also get in that team with ease. Pablo has played a game for Spain and will get more time in the near future. Would Yossi get a look in for Spain?

Consistency over the last 5 years. Firstly I really don't see this being accounted for when ratings are made on SM. Mata's been playing regularly for just over a season, 2 seasons max, and he's rated 92. Anyhow, Pablo's been a starter for Valencia longer that Benayoun's been starting for Liverpool.

As for achievements, Liverpool have sadly won little over the last couple of seasons when he's been playing. Valencia haven't either, but they are a club on the up.

Not taking anything away from Yossi, who I think could easily be rated 91 at the end of the season, but the fact is Pablo is a better player and should be rated higher.