Sign in to follow this  
Magic J

Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

I'm a Villa fan too and am expecting us to beat Man City 2-1 tonight.

I'm delighted with this season's form and league position. I'd never had guessed we'd be 4th at this stage of the season.

I went to the 1-1 draw against Middlesbrough on Saturday. We were robbed! Boro's goal was clearly offside as proven on match of the day and we had 2 goals disallowed.

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

haven't posted in this for ages. i think im going to regularly post match reviews etc in it now !

Just wanna say that our form from December until recent weeks was shocking. it was easily relegation form. It went so low that we only won 3 in 19 games :eek:

all i can say is that the wins against Blackburn away, which was deserved. the draw against Everton, a point is what we AT LEAST deserved and the win against Middlesborugh today have shifted out of the god fight of relegation. we really shouldn't of been there. Onwards and upwards. roll on next season i say

i think next season with a full pre-season under his belt you'll see a different shaun maloney and will be pleasantly surprised... :)

In all honesty he looks quite a good player now i think he has just got to settle in and like you said the pre season will help. Im looking forward to our new signings making there mark. I also cant wait for future transfer targets to arive at villa park !

Rumour has it another Celtic player may be heading for Villa Park. Artur Boruc was apparantly seen at Villa in the past few days. Dont know much about him but must be better than Sorensen.

For the villa fans on here who would you have in your alltime eleven. This is mine

GK Nigel Spink

DF Paul Mcgrath

DF Gareth Southgate

DF Allun Evans

MD Brian Little

MD Gareth Barry

MD Des Bremner

MD Gordon Cowens

MD Tony Daley

FW Peter Withe

FW Dean Saunders

Threw that together quickly so probably missed some top players, what do you guys think.

GK Nigel Spink

DF Paul Mcgrath

DF Gareth Southgate

DF Allun Evans

MD Brian Little

MD Gareth Barry

MD Des Bremner

MD Gordon Cowens

MD Tony Daley

FW Peter Withe

FW Dean Saunders

Drools :P

If only we had a squad with the talent of those guys, it all seems tip top to me. If its got Mcgrath in im happy. all time villa hero !

Edit - if we got boruc id be delighted. Would be an unlikely signing because he is very well thought of up there and he is getting CL. from what iv seen he is a cracking keeper.

yeah Boruc was linked with Arsenal quite a few times but now it seems to be Gordon again :) who i prefer,must say but i cant belive no one has mentioned Ashley Young top youngster imo impresses me with his passing a lot and him and Carew top quality i cant belive Villa arnt challenging for UEFA cup :confused: very good team very good manager B)

GK Nigel Spink

DF Paul Mcgrath

DF Gareth Southgate

DF Allun Evans

MD Brian Little

MD Gareth Barry

MD Des Bremner

MD Gordon Cowens

MD Tony Daley

FW Peter Withe

FW Dean Saunders

a class team thats for sure, but i would be inclined to play gary shaw upfront with withe, the early end to his career was criminal, and maybe tony morley instead of daley, morley was a more complete winger, daley had pace but how many times have you seen him skin the fullbacks and cross into the holte end 'cos he was going so fast ;) , so i think my formation would be 3-4-3 without bremner

what about villa nightmares?, my money is on ian ormandroyd or nigel callaghan and who can forget ivo stas the banik ostrava wonder player :P !!

also i see villa are being linked with portsmouths sean davis

Well its been a while since i posted in here but im gonna add my two cents worth.

Last year wasnt a failure imo, we had an awesome start and finish to the season. Our squad lacked depth and over all talent for us to sustain any kind of form through the season. Only glad we pulled ourselves up the table towards the end.

Although not over the moon with out signings so far, im not disappointed. I feel with the financial power we have we could be going for targets that are more adventurous and ambitious maybe.

Reo Coker - I think he is the kind of player we need, a box to box centre mid who is athletic, a leader and never gives up. He is a great player, very athletic like i said, not technically gifted as much as others but thats not the player we need. nevertheless he can still play football.

Carson - Absolutely delighted we got a keeper in, even if it is on loan ( fingers crossed permanent end of season, as why would he wanna sit on the bench or go on loan again. ) He organises the defense so much better than Tommy S. I lile Carson alot and rate him highly.

Davies - ( Loan - will be permanent ) Baggies didnt wanna sell him outright because of tax reasons apparently. Still he will be a villa player next year. A huge price to pay, but a player that im glad is in our squad. I like davies and i think Oneil could nuture him well.

Harewood - not a fan, but he is Athletic and can pull something out the hat on occassions. not to goal scorer we need but im content.

Knight - Not a huge fan but he does have something about him as he did get a call up a few years back. Maybe under oneil he can blossom *fingers crossed* . Good squad player imo, and a villa fan :D

The other signing i cant comment on as i havent even heard of the club he came from let alone him.

Our start to the season is ok imo, a tough few games and we was unlucky against pool, even though we were outclassed. Hopefully we will get some kind of result against chelsea

Aston Villa 1-0 Chelsea

47' AND THEY HAVE SCORED FROM THE CORNER!!! Zat Knight on his debut, great corner curled in by Barry and Knight sneaks in front of Drogba to head home. Cole did his best to clear it off the line but couldn't manage it.

What a goal.

Come on Villa beat that chelski

Great win for the Villa, perhaps we are going to surprise a few people this season, no more so than the fans :D . Would never of dreamt of us beating Chelsea and no matter what side they put out its always strong. Having looked at who played for them though it was by no means a reserve side so Villa should enjoy there well earned victory and i will be watching MOTD later for sure.

WHAT ABOUT THE VILLA TONE

Guest ManUtd

Haha....what a game...nothing like watching chelski loooossseeee!!!

Ps. i hope wenger is leaving. :D

Haha....what a game...nothing like watching chelski loooossseeee!!!

Ps. i hope wenger is leaving. :D

Why do you hope Wenger is leaving?...

Is it because the team you support is utter crap and you have to sell your best players to Man Utd and Liverpool?

Is it because your star player is an Arsenal oldie called Freddie?

Or is there another reason for that stupid comment?:confused: