Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Problem with that is...

You sometimes perform better with just one front man' date=' as you have so many good midfielders that cant be left out... So with Aggy, Carew (when fit) and Crouch, who would be left out?

Crouch, I am a massive fan of and would love him at Newcastle, but I think he would be great for you also...

Imagine this... You have the best crosser of the ball in the Prem, thats a proven fact! Then imagine having a bean pole for him to aim at all day, they would both thrive on playing together...

Would be good...[/quote']

I would have two up front Aggy and Crouch (Speed and Height) and have Carew on the bench... I do like him but we need an attacking bench as well.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Tecalee, if Villa go for an all english team . . . . It will only hinder us and prevent us from building on our possible 4th place finish because of the small pool of english players, not to mention English players are all over priced.

If that happens ill be distraught and Oneil isnt stupid enough to do that.

Friedal is pure class and i cant believe you would prefer an english man over him :eek:

I wouldnt mind crouch back,

Dai like you say we do play with one man up top, but when we do its with extremely attacking wingers. Gabby did play down there early in the season , more of a 4-3-3 actually.

We need a striker, ideally not a big man, a composed clinical one is needed imo

In all honesty if we are going to keep up and finish in the top 4 we need another 4 of 5 good players.

We are allowed 7 subs now and we should make the most of this, we need an attacking and midfiled holding bench.

I would like to see Crouch and N'zogbia come in soon :)

Drogba anyone????

As good a player as Drogba is, i would never want a player like him at our club. And there is no rumours or anything linking him etc ! plus he wouldnt join us and i couldnt see chelsea selling.

Anyways, rode our luck today, as Shearer said. It was the right decision to let milners goal stand, it hit his head, then rolled onto arm, was going in anyways imo. Not to mention he did get fouled and would of been a red and a peno if the goal was dissalowed.

Was a penalty, and was a red card. 10 games un beaten ! GREAT TIMES ! if chelsea werent so scabby we would be 3rd lol ! only one point behind chelsea. . . . aint said that in a long time lol ! Pompey and wigan are our next two league games. Want at least 4 points.

We have won the last 5 away games in a row now. awesome day ! Doncaster away in the FA cup, should win lol

Maybe the suspension of Young will force oneil to push a striker deal through quicker !

Just like to add he's another product of a certain Leeds United youth academy. :P

He was quality when he was 16 - breaking all of Rooney's records about a month after they were set. If Leeds hadn't been relegated, or he'd turned out as his potential, he'd be world class by now. Darn Newcastle ruined him. :(:P

Still quality, and only 22 though. I've always followed this lad. He's also played for Leeds AND Swindon - not many players can do that by the time they're 17 (which he was when he had played for both). :P

His goal was quite good - nice little diving header. :D

Seriously though, if it had been given as handball, then the ref would have had to send off Chimbonda and give a penalty, as he tripped him up.

WE ruined him?

What would you rather? Him still playing for Leeds, in a far weaker league (no offense, you know that) and missing out on becoming the most capped England Under21 International?

We didn't ruin him as such, I loved him at Leeds, and loved him even more when he came to us...

Then he left, so I hate him....

Nah, I hope he does well and helps Villa break this "Top 4" are un-touchable nonsense, they are the best and most likely team to do it...

WE ruined him?

What would you rather? Him still playing for Leeds' date=' in a far weaker league (no offense, you know that) and missing out on becoming the most capped England Under21 International?

We didn't ruin him as such, I loved him at Leeds, and loved him even more when he came to us...

Then he left, so I hate him....

Nah, I hope he does well and helps Villa break this "Top 4" are un-touchable nonsense, they are the best and most likely team to do it...[/quote']

I'm joking Dai. ;)

ok' date=' iv beent thinking this for a while, we was linked with Bent from the start but with the signing of Defoe by spurs, it seemed even more likely and it seems they are still looking for a striker, most recently Adriano.

I think its a cert that if spurs buy another striker Bent will go to Villa, and ill welcome him. He is a good player, good touch and nice finish. Will definitly improve out team and tbh we need numbers in that department as well :D

not been linked with to many others recnety apart from soe whisper about N'zogbia again[/quote']

Did you see the Spurs vs Pompey game yesterday mate...?

Would you like to change this statement about Bent?

He did everything to live up to what I said about him...

What a glaring miss!!!!

As good a player as Drogba is' date=' i would never want a player like him at our club. And there is no rumours or anything linking him etc ! plus he wouldnt join us and i couldnt see chelsea selling.

Anyways, rode our luck today, as Shearer said. It was the right decision to let milners goal stand, it hit his head, then rolled onto arm, was going in anyways imo. Not to mention he did get fouled and would of been a red and a peno if the goal was dissalowed.

Was a penalty, and was a red card. 10 games un beaten ! GREAT TIMES ! if chelsea werent so scabby we would be 3rd lol ! only one point behind chelsea. . . . aint said that in a long time lol ! Pompey and wigan are our next two league games. Want at least 4 points.

We have won the last 5 away games in a row now. awesome day ! Doncaster away in the FA cup, should win lol

Maybe the suspension of Young will force oneil to push a striker deal through quicker ![/quote']

OMG!! How on Earth was that a penalty:rolleyes:

The impact was outside the area in which case it can't be a penalty

What , i think your confusing the penalty with the discussion over Milners goal.

The first goal milner was tripped on the 6 yard line he fell over, headed it, then it rolled of his arm and went in. We was saying if the goal didnt stand chimbonda would of been sent of and we would of had a penalty.

the actual penalty when gabby was fouled would of been given by some and not other refs, the foul continued into the box, and brought him down, regardless of the initial impact.

oh and im not taking dubious referee desisions of a United fan.:rolleyes:;)

What ' date=' i think your confusing the penalty with the discussion over Milners goal.

The first goal milner was tripped on the 6 yard line he fell over, headed it, then it rolled of his arm and went in. We was saying if the goal didnt stand chimbonda would of been sent of and we would of had a penalty.

the actual penalty when gabby was fouled would of been given by some and not other refs, the foul continued into the box, and brought him down, regardless of the initial impact.

oh and im not taking dubious referee desisions of a United fan.:rolleyes:;)[/quote']

Not confusing anything, it was not a PEN. Fould outside the box and the momentum carried him forwards. No way can that be a pen. And wasn't it you calling United fans biased:rolleyes:

Not confusing anything' date=' it was not a PEN. Fould outside the box and the momentum carried him forwards. No way can that be a pen. And wasn't it you calling United fans biased:rolleyes:[/quote']

I'm going to have to agree with this as well. Was not a penalty. But wth, it happens. All teams, however good they are need some amout of luck to win games (including united :P). Villa are a great side and i really do hope they do manage to make it to the CL next season. :)

Anyway, coming back to the game. I'm still confused about Milner's goal. I saw it a couple of time on T.V. and then on the net as well, but i am still not sure what he did there. I still don't know whether he headed it in or put in with his hand. But anyway, they all count. Persoally i feel Villa deserve this 'luck'. They have played well enought all season to deserve such 'luck'. ;)

Portsmouth on tuesday. Will be a good game, but imo Villa should win it. ;)

I like Carew a lot atually. Pity he has been out though.

I really rate him too...

Its amazing the ammount of times he has hit the bar or post this season, its at about 18 at the moment...

He knows where the target is, but needs slight adjustments... lol

Not confusing anything' date=' it was not a PEN. Fould outside the box and the momentum carried him forwards. No way can that be a pen. And wasn't it you calling United fans biased:rolleyes:[/quote']

Milner was tripped just outside the 6 yard box - clearly inside the penalty area. He then fell over and bundled the ball in.

Totally agree ^ ;)

You all are getting very confused actually . . . kinda frustrating. Can you lot read my posts.

Im on about the ruddy first goal. Milner was tripped on the 6 yard box fell over and headed it in off his arm. If the goal didnt stand it WOULD of been a penalty and red card. . . . . . not to hard to understand is it people :confused::o

Yeah you are biased. I just admitted that the actual penalty was dubious but i can understand why it was given . . . tell me where i was bias :confused: