Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

If we went down - i'm convinced we'd collapse and do a leeds or a charlton. It would crush us

Not that i think it would be good for us, it wouldnt.

I think we are in a financial position ( as in owner - players would have to be sold ) and with our facilities, academy i think we would do what Newcastle did and come right back up.

Besides were supposed to believe we wont go down !

I try not to think about it and hope for the best :o

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Guest 1CapWonder

Was at Everton last weekend. Fans were brilliant. Team was brilliant.

Still haven't seen the highlights again as I'm fuming about the penalty at first glance. I can't make myself watch it again, though knowing they scored a goal over the line does make me feel better about it I have to say. It all evens up, I was satisfied with a point in the end.

Not sure what to make of our new "anthem" Don't like the way it's almost been manufactured but if we really get it going then it will sound brilliant. Growing up I've always considered "Paul McGrath" our main song. It's just phenomenal, especially as he's like my favourite player ever.

Going Newcastle at home this weekend. Haven't enjoyed going to home games recentley because it's so expensive travelling from Manchester, plus the fickle arrogance of some part-timers has drove me to despair. I've been to the majority of away games under Houllier and only once have I heard us sing "Houllier Out" and that was Man City in the cup, when we were at rock-bottom. However, it seems whenever I'm at Villa Park I see these ridiculous banner's and stupid chants and boo's. I'm appalled by it to be honest. Our away fans are always behind the manager.

"Houllier's Claret and Blue army" was chanted loud and proud at Goodison, a week after we hold up a banner asking for him to be sacked? Really? Fickle.

EDIT: Can I also add that Stewart Downing had probably his best game in a Villa shirt that I have seen against the toffee's.

Still haven't seen the highlights again as I'm fuming about the penalty at first glance. I can't make myself watch it again' date=' though knowing they scored a goal over the line does make me feel better about it I have to say. It all evens up, I was satisfied with a point in the end.

Not sure what to make of our new "anthem" Don't like the way it's almost been manufactured but if we really get it going then it will sound brilliant. Growing up I've always considered "Paul McGrath" our main song. It's just phenomenal, especially as he's like my favourite player ever.

Going Newcastle at home this weekend. Haven't enjoyed going to home games recentley because it's so expensive travelling from Manchester, plus the fickle arrogance of some part-timers has drove me to despair. I've been to the majority of away games under Houllier and only once have I heard us sing "Houllier Out" and that was Man City in the cup, when we were at rock-bottom. However, it seems whenever I'm at Villa Park I see these ridiculous banner's and stupid chants and boo's. I'm appalled by it to be honest. Our away fans are always behind the manager.

"Houllier's Claret and Blue army" was chanted loud and proud at Goodison, a week after we hold up a banner asking for him to be sacked? Really? Fickle.

EDIT: Can I also add that Stewart Downing had probably his best game in a Villa shirt that I have seen against the toffee's.[/quote']

I get the feeling from Villa fans I've spoken too that if you lose this weekend then think they'll definitely get relegated,our away form has been fantastic this season but I don't feel confident and I think you'll win this weekend.

We don't have a goalscorer and with Enrique and Tiote both been out I think it could be a struggle for us,and I know Downing will definitely play well against us due to playing for Boro in the past,and I have a feeling he will score in a 2-1 Villa victory.

I Hope I'm wrong though....

Still haven't seen the highlights again as I'm fuming about the penalty at first glance. I can't make myself watch it again' date=' though knowing they scored a goal over the line does make me feel better about it I have to say. It all evens up, I was satisfied with a point in the end.

EDIT: Can I also add that Stewart Downing had probably his best game in a Villa shirt that I have seen against the toffee's.[/quote']

If your fuming about the penalty mate its probably best you dont look at the replay :eek::eek: Drogba esc !

That being said we were still outdone of three points by an act of cheating. The result was fair, but how it occurred was not. Not our fault the ref didnt give a goal.... if you know what i mean :o

Elliot, were in a unusual position. People need someone to blame, the manager is the easiest target. Iv questioned him at times, and i still question a number of his policies, doesnt mean i want him out though.

he must of played well if your saying he did :D:p

Decided im going west ham away :D maybe baggies :eek: that depends on if i have my car at Uni though.

I seriously need to have some self control !

Tomorrows game is huge.

Teams

Wolves (losing currently :D), West Ham (away at Bolton today), Wigan (away at Chelsea), Scum (Away at Blackburn) and Blackpool (home to Arsenal tomorrow)

Realistically, each one of them could drop points or lose.

So if we win tomorrow barring any crazy upsets we could put up to 5 points between us and 18th :eek::eek:

Whilst leapfrogging above Birmingham and potentially West Brom if they lose today !!!

Christ this is pressure.

MASSIVE GAME.

Hopefully GH plays 4-4-2 today.

Not a fan of his system when we just play one up top.

4-4-2 doesn't work in the premier league - we need the flexibility of 4-5-1 but with players actually working to get up and support whoever is playing as the striker. Trouble is when we don't support him, and he has to run in a cul-de-sac

4-4-2 doesn't work in the premier league - we need the flexibility of 4-5-1 but with players actually working to get up and support whoever is playing as the striker. Trouble is when we don't support him' date=' and he has to run in a cul-de-sac[/quote']

It can and does work in the premiere league depending on what system is used.

Its just frustrating as of late because i am a big fan of the flexible 4-5-1 ( like a 4-3-3? with one CF and two attacking wingers?? ) but Bent has looked so isolated at times.

Regardless of formation, i want a positive formation with a positive attitude from the players going forward. We have some great attacking players, lets score some bloody goals !!!!!

It can and does work in the premiere league depending on what system is used.

Its just frustrating as of late because i am a big fan of the flexible 4-5-1 ( like a 4-3-3? with one CF and two attacking wingers?? ) but Bent has looked so isolated at times.

Regardless of formation' date=' i want a positive formation with a positive attitude from the players going forward. We have some great attacking players, lets score some bloody goals !!!!![/quote']

yeah a 4-3-3 then 4-5-1 in defence. You're right though, I don't care which formation we use as long as the players show some desire to get forward. I must admit i'm slightly worried that Houllier will bring in loads of players with no passion for playing for Villa - much like what happened with Stephen Ireland

yeah a 4-3-3 then 4-5-1 in defence. You're right though' date=' I don't care which formation we use as long as the players show some desire to get forward. I must admit i'm slightly worried that Houllier will bring in loads of players with no passion for playing for Villa - much like what happened with Stephen Ireland[/quote']

I understand but in terms of attracting players to the club i think thats one of his best attributes for eg Bent and Makoun. Both quoted GH as one of the reasons they joined. Think Bent said " when a manager like GH comes along, you dont say no". Along those lines anyway.

Regarding passion, i think thats down to him and not who he brings in. He doesnt come across a overly passionate manager. I just dont see him as much of a motivator, or certainly not at the level were used to seeing with Oneill ( perhaps Oneills best attribute ).

Fingers crossed mate !!!

UTV

So do i but it should create a better atmosphere.

Yeah i completely agree.

Iv always felt we lacked something like that at home, also worth mentioning that as cheesy as the new song that the players will come out to is.

I like the idea of having one.

Are you going pal ?

Guest 1CapWonder

yeah a 4-3-3 then 4-5-1 in defence. You're right though' date=' I don't care which formation we use as long as the players show some desire to get forward. I must admit i'm slightly worried that Houllier will bring in loads of players with no passion for playing for Villa - much like what happened with Stephen Ireland[/quote']

Houllier didn't sign Stephen Ireland, he came as part of the Milner deal which was well before GH arrived. Get your facts right pal.

Yeah i completely agree.

Iv always felt we lacked something like that at home' date=' also worth mentioning that as cheesy as the new song that the players will come out to is.

I like the idea of having one.

Are you going pal ?[/quote']

Yeah, first time i've been in a few months so really looking forward to it.

Houllier didn't sign Stephen Ireland' date=' he came as part of the Milner deal which was well before GH arrived. Get your facts right pal.[/quote']

I never said Houllier signed Ireland - I was using him as an example of the type of player I don't want to see at Villa Park. Don't jump to conclusions, and read what I wrote first :rolleyes:

Guest 1CapWonder

Don't jump to conclusions' date=' and read what I wrote first :rolleyes:[/quote']

Dont phrase your original post so badly that it appears that way. People reading this thread with limited knowledge of Villa would have assumed he was a Houllier signing.

Dont phrase your original post so badly that it appears that way. People reading this thread with limited knowledge of Villa would have assumed he was a Houllier signing.

Ok, so to clear up, Stephen Ireland (part of the James Milner to Man City deal made when O'Neill was still around) is the kind of player I don't want Gerard Houllier to be bringing in, although his record of player signings seems relatively good over the years

Yeahhhh:cool:

I have a feeling Ireland will be staying with you. He has not played in one game so far and always seems to be in contention then drops out with another injury the day before the game. He is ineligible today so that will save him the effort of being injured again. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling Ireland will be staying with you. He has not played in one game so far and always seems to be in contention then drops out with another injury the day before the game. He is ineligible today so that will save him the effort of being injured again. :rolleyes:

Someone surely would take him off us. Teams like West Ham etc. As long as we don't have him on our books I don't mind!:P

Im unsure if he will stay with us.

I think he has burnt his bridges with the club. Never once looked interested.

I certainly dont want him.

Im unsure if he will stay with us.

I think he has burnt his bridges with the club. Never once looked interested.

I certainly dont want him.

I don't want him either! Unfortunately for you and Aston Villa he is your player and I don't see why would anyone want to buy him when it looks like he isn't interested. He can't make someone think I'll buy him when he isn't playing.