• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Bent ? I think his movement has been fantastic ! Finishing hasnt been to his usual standard though

Poor effort when he stabbed at it.

Set pieces have been horrendous ! and iv seen united fans say his set pieces alone are worth 15 million !

LOL.

We have been much much better this half

So happy, up to 9th but means nothing. When our midfield and attack play well we look very good with possession. That being said we need two new centre backs. Both liabilities are more trouble than they are worth.

Kyle Walker and L. Young played well. virtually all the chances or spells of pressure WHU had came from mistakes from the CB's.

WE SHALL NOT BE MOVED !

gabby too get a knighthood.

I love that bloke' date=' I really do.[/right']

I've always personally thought he was overrated. but after yesterday I can feel myself falling head over heels too! I still don't think we are safe though at 40 to be honest. I mean from 2 wins we went from right by the drop zone to the top half, there still work to do. But I think we could possibly pick up 9 or 10 points from our remaining 5 games if we hit a run of form after these recent results.

Just thought I'd update you on the two loanees as Adam is always checking in the NPC thread!

Bannan has been in and out of the starting 11, but has featured every week. He's been largely quiet, looks good going forward and has a great delivery on him, but he doesn't demand the ball off the defence as much as Kilkenny does and as a result when the latter doesn't play, we don't retain possession well. Bannan's been played on the left at various points in the last couple of matches, apparently his "natural" position but probably not his best. Nice free-kick for our opener yesterday though, put it on a plate for Becchio.

Lichaj on the other hand, is quality. The only decent defender in our team (bar Connolly who he was loaned to cover for as the latter had been injured, and although now fit, is being kept out of the team by Lichaj). He looks very assured defensively, reads the game very well and is a smart footballer. He offers great support going forward too and his crosses always cause problems. And of course his throw, the "Lichajlaunch", a massively asset when penned in down by the corner flag or at the opposite end of the pitch.

Would love to both of these players permanenty but I doubt there's much chance of that happening! I'm surprised Lichaj's been loaned out with Walker being favoured, because Lichaj has impressed far more than Walker has at this level. With a run of games I feel Lichaj could be a regular for you guys. If not, we'll always take him back!

If it is capone it must mean guzan is on his way out.

Friedel-Capone-Marshall.

I would suspect so.

Im gonna go and ask on the ligue 1 thread about this cappone chap.

Also seft, from what iv seen, Walker is far better than Lichaj although i do quite like him. I cant imagine either leaving though. Especially on permanent deals.

Cheers for the update ! Keep them coming

I would suspect so.

Im gonna go and ask on the ligue 1 thread about this cappone chap.

Also seft' date=' from what iv seen, Walker is far better than Lichaj although i do quite like him. I cant imagine either leaving though. Especially on permanent deals.

Cheers for the update ! Keep them coming[/quote']

Cappone? He's a very average keeper, hardly even plays for Lorient. He's gathered just over 800 minutes in 2 seasons (this and last) at Lorient.

And being American, Lichaj is a very good player. I wouldn't doubt his talent at all.

Cappone? He's a very average keeper' date=' hardly even plays for Lorient. He's gathered just over 800 minutes in 2 seasons (this and last) at Lorient.

And being American, Lichaj is a very good player. I wouldn't doubt his talent at all.[/quote']

Mmm

Seems weird, id much rather we buy a long term successor to Friedal.

Only time will tell to be honest. Thanks for your opinion pal