• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

3 seasons ago we were coming 2nd in the league :P so not even 2 complete seasons yet - and you'v had about 25 bad seasons out of the top 4

2 seasons rather ;)

I was merely pointing out your second rate now like we are :) With Reina leaving you for a club who can match his ambitions you might be after Given too :P

2 seasons rather ;)

I was merely pointing out your second rate now like we are :) With Reina leaving you for a club who can match his ambitions you might be after Given too :P

Given would't be a bad shout, hes not a terrible keeper and if Reina wanted to go to a top side like Real/Barca/Inter/Milan/Munich ect then we shouldn't stand in his way, hes been nothing but honest in the 6 years hes been at Liverpool, but obviously I'd prefer him to give it one more season with the priviso he can go then if a top 4 finish isn't obtained. If it wasn't for Roy we would be challanging for 4th now.

Given would't be a bad shout' date=' hes not a terrible keeper and if Reina wanted to go to a top side like Real/Barca/Inter/Milan/Munich ect then we shouldn't stand in his way, hes been nothing but honest in the 6 years hes been at Liverpool, but obviously I'd prefer him to give it one more season with the priviso he can go then if a top 4 finish isn't obtained. If it wasn't for Roy we would be challanging for 4th now.[/quote']

I could easily say if we hadnt all the issues we had to deal with we would be challenging for top four like we have in the last 2 years inparticular. Easy to say if and buts simon.

As it stands, we have both had poor seasons, the second one running for you guys.

Your not that far infront of us Si, ;)

I could easily say if we hadnt all the issues we had to deal with we would be challenging for top four like we have in the last 2 years inparticular. Easy to say if and buts simon.

As it stands' date=' we have both had poor seasons, the second one running for you guys.

Your not that far infront of us Si, ;)[/quote']

Far enough to be comfortable thou mate :P even Everton are in front of you and they havn't spent any money for 7 years lol and of course Sunderland are in front of you and o yer Birmingham City are in front of you - I think thats enough of a buffer to last a few seasons yet :D

Far enough to be comfortable thou mate :P even Everton are in front of you and they havn't spent any money for 7 years lol and of course Sunderland are in front of you and o yer Birmingham City are in front of you - I think thats enough of a buffer to last a few seasons yet :D

They are not. :P They have only won once since Darren Bent left and have dropped from 6th to 15th. :D

Shay Given is a good keeper but he is always glued to his goal line. He makes brilliant point blank saves when he should have got the cross before the shot came in. ;)

They are not. :P They have only won once since Darren Bent left and have dropped from 6th to 15th. :D

Shay Given is a good keeper but he is always glued to his goal line. He makes brilliant point blank saves when he should have got the cross before the shot came in. ;)

Shush you like I'm not aware of that :P lol

Simon.

Sunderland and Birmingham are not infront of us. Were 3 places behind you :)

Your right Everton have spent nothing and yet they found themselves infront of you last season.

But you had a off season... Liverpool are allowed one of them. No two even, no other club is.

Ill be sure to be at VP last day of the season to watch us wipe the smirk of Kuyt and co's face.

Edit: Did Everton finish above you last year ? they didnt did they lol

Simon.

Your right Everton have spent nothing and yet they found themselves infront of you last season.

But you had a off season... Liverpool are allowed one of them. No two even' date=' no other club is.

Ill be sure to be at VP last day of the season to watch us wipe the smirk of Kuyt and co's face.[/quote']

I didn't say you couldn't have 2 off seasons mate - I just pointed out your first 2 off seasons were the 93/94 and 94/95 season after you finished 2nd in the league in the 92/93 season - since then no champs league football

I didn't say you couldn't have 2 off seasons mate - I just pointed out your first 2 off seasons were the 93/94 and 94/95 season after you finished 2nd in the league in the 92/93 season - since then no champs league football

I dont see how thats relevant as im not the one comparing our clubs, if i was making any comparison it was to sunderland ;) Before you waded in ! :D

Yup i do appreciate Givens talent. But i always thought he was massively over rated. You can see it on the countless Given threads that flew about the forum. From day 1 i said he isnt as good as people make out.

Shot stopping like you say' date=' he is up there. But imo, thats about it.

Lol always fun to talk Villa with you mate, but its Eastenders now :P

You need to get your priorities right Si !

Villa >>> Eastenders B)

Simon.

But you had a off season... Liverpool are allowed one of them. No two even' date=' no other club is.

Ill be sure to be at VP last day of the season to watch us wipe the smirk of Kuyt and co's face.

Edit:[b'] Did Everton finish above you last year ?[/b] they didnt did they lol

That will be this year mate:p

Mmm

Seems weird' date=' id much rather we buy a long term successor to Friedal.

Only time will tell to be honest. Thanks for your opinion pal[/quote']

have to agree with you there, can't see what cappone would bring to the club. More a stop gap solution to a goalkeeping problem that isn't imminent. Not for at least one more season I would've thought

that man city thread is incredible. Genuinely one of the funniest things I have ever seen

Im glad you saw it :D

Unbelievable. What will make it even funnier is if you read a few pages back on the United thread.

He again didnt understand a bit of sarcasm then claimed he did!

Priceless. :D

Im glad you saw it :D

Unbelievable. What will make it even funnier is if you read a few pages back on the United thread.

He again didnt understand a bit of sarcasm then claimed he did!

Priceless. :D

Link me please Adam.

Edit: My god, first thing on SM that's actually made me LOL since the days of Loblaw. :D

Hopefully its nothing to serious ( for a heart problem that is, obviously all heart issues are serious ).

Hopefully Gary Mac can keep the passion and the desire there along with the style of offensive play displayed against West Ham.

Added motive of doing this for GH.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/21/gerard-houllier-aston-villa-hospital

Get well Gerrard

Guest 1CapWonder

I hope the section of fans singing "have another heart attack" at City away in the 4-0 defeat last year feel sick. Can't erase that from my memory. Get well soon Gerard.

I hope the section of fans singing "have another heart attack" at City away in the 4-0 defeat last year feel sick. Can't erase that from my memory. Get well soon Gerard.

They sang that ?

Thats sick, regardless of their views on his management.

Shame we have to be associated with them.

Guest 1CapWonder

They sang that ?

Thats sick' date=' regardless of their views on his management.

Shame we have to be associated with them.[/quote']

It was the game where we were just awful, and the fans turned round to be brilliant in the 2nd half, taking the mick out of ourselves and dancing about. It really made my day, then about 10 mins from time it dauned on many of the fans what had really happened and it turned sour. Fell out with my mate for singing "Houllier Out" chants and then there was a section of about 20/30 fans singing "have another heart attack"

Anyway, on a more positive note hopefully we'll put on a show for him on Saturday. I'm going to my first home game in a while and hope that we are in good spirits, we have every right to be. I've not looked forward to the 2 hour drive to Birmingham last couple of times hence why I've put off going for a bit. I really didn't like our home fans, who I felt were letting us down big style, calling for Houllier's head and booing all the time. Our away fans (bar 10 mins at that City game) have always been behind Houllier and I've thoroughly enjoyed my away games this year. Hopefully he's won over the ignorant home fans that clearly turn up just to boo and moan and this weekend will be a good one for the Villa :)