• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Nigel Reo Cokers agent confirms Napoli have made declared interest in his signature.

Little bit gutted, always like Reo-coker. Oneill massively screwed him over, from day pretty much. You forget that he is only 26 ( i think ), really talented player that lost his way under MON.

GH has breathed some new life into him but i couldnt blame him for wanting to leave.

On top of the frustration of losing him it would be for free to :/

If it does happen i suppose it gives Bannan a shot at some game time, although we are being linked to several CM's... including Kallstrom who i dont know enough about to form an opinion. Doesnt strike me as the box to box midfielder i want though.

Also it seems that GH wont need surgery.

Forgot to say that local and regional press are linking Warnock with a move away. Hardly something that surprises me, i just want him gone, with a bit of cash coming, then GH can buy a new LB.

Hope we ditch Beye to. Would love Walker permanently or on loan next season, rather than going for Hutton who we have been linked with, although iv never really liked him..... rather than i dont rate him.

Question is to anyone, villa or non villa.

Where do you think we should / will buy in the sumer ? Position wise.

Question is to anyone' date=' villa or non villa.

Where do you think we should / will buy in the sumer ? Position wise.[/quote']

A CB to partner Cuellar (yes, Cuellar) as Dunne is past it now (it seems) and I don't rate Collins. Probably a winger, asuming Young will leave and possibly Downing too. And definitely a new CM, Kallstrom would be good as he could provide a bit creativity in the midfield, mind you he is no spring chicken and probably doesn't have the legs to be as effective as he could be.

Oh and a new LB because Warnock is rubbish and will probably leave (can't remember who else you have for LB) and you need to try and retain Walker's services, IMO, because he has been pretty good for you.

I cant see Downing leaving.

Not to sure why every is so certain he will leave.

He recently said in an interview when our position in the prem wasnt looking so secure that he would stay with us even if we went down.

Starting to warm to him again, its been a rocky ride with him. In the past he has shown glimpses of a good footballer, but then un does it all for me ( and certainly elliot ) with stupid little things.

But recently i cant fault him.

Cuellar has been linked with a move back to spain, Espanyol i think. Ideally id like two new CB's. But that probably wont happen :(

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6847272,00.html Link to when he said he will stay.

Nigel Reo Cokers agent confirms Napoli have made declared interest in his signature.

Little bit gutted' date=' always like Reo-coker. Oneill massively screwed him over, from day pretty much. You forget that he is only 26 ( i think ), really talented player that lost his way under MON.

GH has breathed some new life into him but i couldnt blame him for wanting to leave.

On top of the frustration of losing him it would be for free to :/

If it does happen i suppose it gives Bannan a shot at some game time, although we are being linked to several CM's... including Kallstrom who i dont know enough about to form an opinion. Doesnt strike me as the box to box midfielder i want though.

Also it seems that GH wont need surgery.

Forgot to say that local and regional press are linking Warnock with a move away. Hardly something that surprises me, i just want him gone, with a bit of cash coming, then GH can buy a new LB.

Hope we ditch Beye to. Would love Walker permanently or on loan next season, rather than going for Hutton who we have been linked with, although iv never really liked him..... rather than i dont rate him.

Question is to anyone, villa or non villa.

Where do you think we should / will buy in the sumer ? Position wise.[/quote']

It is great to know Houllier won't need surgery.

Anyways, position wise? LB, RB, CB, CM, winger and forward... Especially if the amount of players that are free this summer do leave.

Walker is a good player, though if you're aspirating for a top 6 spot, I wouldn't pick him. He's just not good enough defensively and you can't rely on him, especially when your CB's aren't good enough. LB is obvious, Warnock's pretty much gone. CB as Dunne and Collins together are hot and cold, mostly cold. CM, Reo-Coker leaving or not. Winger as Young could leave, 50-50 if you ask me. Don't see Downing leaving as he said he will repay Villa for buying him, even injured and a forward as Carew's gone, Heskey's alright but getting older, injury prone and such. Gabby's the perfect replacement when Bent's out and the two youngsters can get the odd game but you need a partner for Bent and Agbonlahor's not that.

One thing we all seem to agree on is we need alot of investment' date=' scandolous considering in 4 years Lerner gave Oneill 133 million pounds to spend :eek::eek:[/quote']

For a trophy winning side, yes, but from a top 6 spot again? Probably 2 fullbacks and a CM off.

And 2 CB's? You don't trust Clark there?

For a trophy winning side' date=' yes, but from a top 6 spot again? Probably 2 fullbacks and a CM off.

And 2 CB's? You don't trust Clark there?[/quote']

I like Clark.

But when i say bring two new centre backs in i want Collins and Dunne gone. So there would be good competition for places.

Albrighton on for Downing.

Can understand it to be honest, Albrighton can be a real handful and has a bit more directness about his play than Downing, not that he was playing poorly.

IMO

Gabby needs to come on. Were running out of ideads. Dominating possession though.

I haven't been able to watch the game anywhere' date=' but if I'm being informed correctly we have been all over them this half and they slightly edged the first, is that right? Shame for Chelsea though, they could have bought two Darren bent's instead of Torres! :P[/quote']

Yeah pretty much. But we havent created that many chances.

Gabby needs to come on.

I haven't been able to watch the game anywhere' date=' but if I'm being informed correctly we have been all over them this half and they slightly edged the first, is that right? Shame for Chelsea though, they could have bought two Darren bent's instead of Torres! :P[/quote']

Was it not bent who wanted to be like Torres?

Guess Villa gone for solidity now-don't want to throw it away..

Yeah pretty much. But we havent created that many chances.

Gabby needs to come on.

Gabby on :)

Was it not bent who wanted to be like Torres?

Guess Villa gone for solidity now-don't want to throw it away..

Whats wrong with wanting to be like a world class striker :rolleyes:

What do you mean by guess villa have gone for solidity ?

From what i can see' date=' up top.

Dunnes inability to control a ball or a pass is shocking.[/quote']

Even when he was playing well last season he never looked like good with the ball at his feet IMO. Disallowed goal apparently for Stoke, hoping we'll nick one now, another Gabby header would do nicely.