Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Magic J

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

You all are getting very confused actually . . . kinda frustrating. Can you lot read my posts.

Im on about the ruddy first goal. Milner was tripped on the 6 yard box fell over and headed it in off his arm. If the goal didnt stand it WOULD of been a penalty and red card. . . . . . not to hard to understand is it people :confused::o

Yeah you are biased. I just admitted that the actual penalty was dubious but i can understand why it was given . . . tell me where i was bias :confused:

Exactly. Milner was closer to the goal that he was the edge of the area.

You all are getting very confused actually . . . kinda frustrating. Can you lot read my posts.

Im on about the ruddy first goal. Milner was tripped on the 6 yard box fell over and headed it in off his arm. If the goal didnt stand it WOULD of been a penalty and red card. . . . . . not to hard to understand is it people :confused::o

Yeah you are biased. I just admitted that the actual penalty was dubious but i can understand why it was given . . . tell me where i was bias :confused:

It'd of been harsh to send Milner off for the handball after he was tripped :P

Just on an aside for a moment - can someone explain to me how that Boro lad got sent off, has football become that soft nowadays?

Another lucky win for villa, not that im complaining. We've got great consistency, but we seem to have to concede a goal before we go into full play.

Young sending off was bad, he did the same if not a less harsh tackle as the sunderland player, yet he got away scot free.

I do agree with most in this post that our penalty was lucky.

Overall that ref was absolute ****.

-Benny

sorry about that I thought you meant the second goal:o

Tis ok ! glas we have cleared it up :D

Yeah i agree benny the decision was vey dubious, but do you not think its about time we get lucky . . . you said another lucky win. All i can think of is the EVerton game

Tis ok ! glas we have cleared it up :D

Yeah i agree benny the decision was vey dubious' date=' but do you not think its about time we get lucky . . . you said another lucky win. All i can think of is the EVerton game[/quote']

Every club needs luck and all of it really evens out in the end so no one can have any complains on that ground

A little birdie tells me a £3.5m deal for Heskey is almost complete :eek: . I've been reading this thread with interest over the last couple of weeks and noted all this talk of Carew's recovery, Crouch, Bent :P and others, but something told me all along that O'Neill would make the move for Heskey. Don't know if you guys will agree, but I feel on current form Heskey's the best of the lot. O'Neill knows how to get the best out of him and I honestly couldn't handpick a better partner for Gabby's career to thrive than Emile (that's my opinion).

The other emerging pattern which has also been discussed earlier, is the ever increasing brigade of English players accumulating at Villa. Whilst there is no doubt that you already have a lot of the top English talent already and if you get Heskey, that increases further, I can't help but agree with Adam that perhaps O'Neill is limiting how far you can progress with this transfer policy. Whether deliberate or coincidental, there's going to come a time when top available English players will run out and where then? A number of top foreign player have come to these shores by being convinced by other compatriots already playing here (whilst others have come simply for the money :rolleyes: ). Will top foreign talent be convinced by mates to join other clubs in preference to Villa? Or worse, will top foreigners be turned off Villa by the lack of non-English presence? :eek: . And god forbid, O'Neill be offered an opporunity at another club which he cannot refuse, will it restrict Villa in appointing a potential successor as, let's face it, there isn't a plethora of great English managers around :( . I really feel in the cosmopolitan world of football that we now live in, a mix of English and foreign players is essential for a number of reasons discussed above (Man U have been showing this for years) and I hope a few foreign signings will be upcoming for Villa, so they can make that final step they need to take :)

A little birdie tells me a £3.5m deal for Heskey is almost complete :eek: . I've been reading this thread with interest over the last couple of weeks and noted all this talk of Carew's recovery' date=' Crouch, Bent :P and others, but something told me all along that O'Neill would make the move for Heskey. Don't know if you guys will agree, but I feel on current form Heskey's the best of the lot. O'Neill knows how to get the best out of him and I honestly couldn't handpick a better partner for Gabby's career to thrive than Emile (that's my opinion).

The other emerging pattern which has also been discussed earlier, is the ever increasing brigade of English players accumulating at Villa. Whilst there is no doubt that you already have a lot of the top English talent already and if you get Heskey, that increases further, I can't help but agree with Adam that perhaps O'Neill is limiting how far you can progress with this transfer policy. Whether deliberate or coincidental, there's going to come a time when top available English players will run out and where then? A number of top foreign player have come to these shores by being convinced by other compatriots already playing here (whilst others have come simply for the money :rolleyes: ). Will top foreign talent be convinced by mates to join other clubs in preference to Villa? Or worse, will top foreigners be turned off Villa by the lack of non-English presence? :eek: . And god forbid, O'Neill be offered an opporunity at another club which he cannot refuse, will it restrict Villa in appointing a potential successor as, let's face it, there isn't a plethora of great English managers around :( . I really feel in the cosmopolitan world of football that we now live in, a mix of English and foreign players is essential for a number of reasons discussed above (Man U have been showing this for years) and I hope a few foreign signings will be upcoming for Villa, so they can make that final step they need to take :)[/quote']

I don't know what to make of this signing tbh. Lerner is a millionaire so it looks to be a small fee for him as well. Anyway I don't think Heskey is the right man for Villa. I still think Villa should have shown their financial muscle by outbidding Spurs for Defoe. defoe would have been perfect for Villa. A natural goalscorer and with the service of young and agbonlahor and the O'Neill as manager they could have gotten the best out of him.

I don't know what to make of this signing tbh. Lerner is a millionaire so it looks to be a small fee for him as well. Anyway I don't think Heskey is the right man for Villa. I still think Villa should have shown their financial muscle by outbidding Spurs for Defoe. defoe would have been perfect for Villa. A natural goalscorer and with the service of young and agbonlahor and the O'Neill as manager they could have gotten the best out of him.

But also lerner runs Villa at a profit and has clear policies ect, which is soemthing to be admired in these days of particulary lower league clubs going into aministration all the time because of the massive debts that can be accured and then not payed back.

As for Hesky, O'Niel managed him at Liecester didn't he? So knows the player, hesky has had some kind of re-motivation for the game recently and seems to be a much better player than a year or so ago. As for Defoe, hes a sulker and O'Niel dosn't like sulkers

But also lerner runs Villa at a profit and has clear policies ect' date=' which is soemthing to be admired in these days of particulary lower league clubs going into aministration all the time because of the massive debts that can be accured and then not payed back.

As for Hesky, O'Niel managed him at Liecester didn't he? So knows the player, hesky has had some kind of re-motivation for the game recently and seems to be a much better player than a year or so ago. As for Defoe, hes a sulker and O'Niel dosn't like sulkers[/quote']

Defoe maybe a sulker but I am sure o'Neill could have rectified that. Getting Defoe means you are assured of goals. I am still not convinced by Heskey's signing:o

Heskey having medical at Villa!!!

Just like I thought another English man.... I think Heskey will do well at Villa and MON will get the best out of him a good strong supporting striker..

I have also heard recentley MON is after Baines, I still cant help thinking he is after an English team although I do agree foreigners are vital, with the prospect of Champions League we need a few class foreigners to take us to the next level.

I would like to see a couple up and coming Brazilians come over... we can all dream!!!!!

A little birdie tells me a £3.5m deal for Heskey is almost complete :eek: . I've been reading this thread with interest over the last couple of weeks and noted all this talk of Carew's recovery' date=' Crouch, Bent :P and others, but something told me all along that O'Neill would make the move for Heskey. Don't know if you guys will agree, but I feel on current form Heskey's the best of the lot. O'Neill knows how to get the best out of him and I honestly couldn't handpick a better partner for Gabby's career to thrive than Emile (that's my opinion).

The other emerging pattern which has also been discussed earlier, is the ever increasing brigade of English players accumulating at Villa. Whilst there is no doubt that you already have a lot of the top English talent already and if you get Heskey, that increases further, I can't help but agree with Adam that perhaps O'Neill is limiting how far you can progress with this transfer policy. Whether deliberate or coincidental, there's going to come a time when top available English players will run out and where then? A number of top foreign player have come to these shores by being convinced by other compatriots already playing here (whilst others have come simply for the money :rolleyes: ). Will top foreign talent be convinced by mates to join other clubs in preference to Villa? Or worse, will top foreigners be turned off Villa by the lack of non-English presence? :eek: . And god forbid, O'Neill be offered an opporunity at another club which he cannot refuse, will it restrict Villa in appointing a potential successor as, let's face it, there isn't a plethora of great English managers around :( . I really feel in the cosmopolitan world of football that we now live in, a mix of English and foreign players is essential for a number of reasons discussed above (Man U have been showing this for years) and I hope a few foreign signings will be upcoming for Villa, so they can make that final step they need to take :)[/quote']

Nice post and I agree that Villa do need to probably buy in foreign players at some point, for now though the policy seems to be working well and i'm sure most Villa fans (me included) would have settled for 4th spot at the end of January.

On the subject of foreign signings i've heard that Villa have been looking at 20 year old Roberto Canella (rated 86 on SM) of newly promoted La Liga side Sporting Gijon. He's a LB and could slot into the team well i'd have thought.

Canella's also a useful scouting tip as he's played in 18 Gijon matches to date, scoring 1 goal and amassing 1620 minutes out of a maximum available 1710 (19 games).

If he does sign i'll be happy as he's a player I like the look of and at 20 there's plenty of time to mature, also i've signed him up in loads of my SM teams!:) :)

Good luck for the Villa tomorrow at Doncaster, a match that's not as easy as some may think. The last time Villa played Doncaster in the league cup we lost 3-0 and although Villa are a better team now than then I think Donny are too. My prediction is a tough fought 2-1 win to Villa.

Nice post and I agree that Villa do need to probably buy in foreign players at some point' date=' for now though the policy seems to be working well and i'm sure most Villa fans (me included) would have settled for 4th spot at the end of January.

On the subject of foreign signings i've heard that Villa have been looking at 20 year old Roberto Canella (rated 86 on SM) of newly promoted La Liga side Sporting Gijon. He's a LB and could slot into the team well i'd have thought.

Canella's also a useful scouting tip as he's played in 18 Gijon matches to date, scoring 1 goal and amassing 1620 minutes out of a maximum available 1710 (19 games).

If he does sign i'll be happy as he's a player I like the look of and at 20 there's plenty of time to mature, also i've signed him up in loads of my SM teams!:) :)

Good luck for the Villa tomorrow at Doncaster, a match that's not as easy as some may think. The last time Villa played Doncaster in the league cup we lost 3-0 and although Villa are a better team now than then I think Donny are too. My prediction is a tough fought 2-1 win to Villa.[/quote']

i bought that guy in gc24 for no other reason than i could force my mate to call him up to his spain squad :confused: Then i find out he is actually good! :D

Great result today, wish I'd seen the game even though I heard it was ugly. That's 11 unbeaten in a row!

As I stated a couple weeks ago, I think Heskey will be a completely different player at Villa. With a better manager and better players around him I am certain his form will improve. I don't think he will go bonkers scoring goals, but he makes us a better team and won't foul up the chemistry. He fits in perfectly.

Plus we badly needed someone to take some pressure off Gabby up front. I'm tired of waiting around for Carew.

Scot, i watched it and it was horrifically ugly, we played dog awful. Although im delighted were still winning whilst playing poor, im getting slightly concerned by our form now.

Its not good, and if we continue to play like this we WILL loose. No two ways about it, we need to snap out of it asap imo. Typically ugly performance from my fav man Cuellar again.

Heskey, never liked the fellow. But i have always recognised his strengths and he looked good, tracked back playing deep at times but it did the job. An equisitte finish, a great goal, i think he is the kinda forward who can play with both Carew and Gabby ! so good times.

I want Villa to sign another midfielder, a AM, one who can play on the flanks and in an creative role in the middle of the park. Bit of back up

We also need a defender, would love Micah Richards ( i know his form this season has been dodge ) but tha will never happen. lol. Fingers crossed we sort something out though

Scot' date=' i watched it and it was horrifically ugly, we played dog awful. Although im delighted were still winning whilst playing poor, im getting slightly concerned by our form now.

Its not good, and if we continue to play like this we WILL loose. No two ways about it, we need to snap out of it asap imo. Typically ugly performance from my fav man Cuellar again.

Heskey, never liked the fellow. But i have always recognised his strengths and he looked good, tracked back playing deep at times but it did the job. An equisitte finish, a great goal, i think he is the kinda forward who can play with both Carew and Gabby ! so good times.

I want Villa to sign another midfielder, a AM, one who can play on the flanks and in an creative role in the middle of the park. Bit of back up

We also need a defender, would love Micah Richards ( i know his form this season has been dodge ) but tha will never happen. lol. Fingers crossed we sort something out though[/quote']

I agree we do need a few more players before the end of the transfer window...

A back up Defender and Midfielder, we do not need star players as the team with have are grinding out the right results.

We could go all the way to 2nd or 3rd this season, but I still think Man Utd will win.

1 Man Utd

2 Aston Villa

3 Chelsea

4 Liverpool

5 Arsenal

6 Everton

I agree we do need a few more players before the end of the transfer window...

A back up Defender and Midfielder' date=' we do not need star players as the team with have are grinding out the right results.

We could go all the way to 2nd or 3rd this season, but I still think Man Utd will win.

1 Man Utd

2 Aston Villa

3 Chelsea

4 Liverpool

5 Arsenal

6 Everton[/quote']

Well, personally i don't think that you guys will be able to finish either second oer third thids season. Yes it is still is very close at the top but imo both Chelsea and Liverpool will be a bit too good for you guys to catch. Yes, Liverpool are currently dropping alot of points, and Chelsea don't look all that great either, but still 2nd or 3rd place would be a bit too ambitious at the moment. But as they say, if you aim for the stars then you should atleast reach the moon. :P:)

Well' date=' personally i don't think that you guys will be able to finish either second oer third thids season. Yes it is still is very close at the top but imo both Chelsea and Liverpool will be a bit too good for you guys to catch. Yes, Liverpool are currently dropping alot of points, and Chelsea don't look all that great either, but still 2nd or 3rd place would be a bit too ambitious at the moment. But as they say, if you aim for the stars then you should atleast reach the moon. :P:)[/quote']

No offence but i can see Villa easily getting 2nd place at this time, for example out of villa, chelsea and liverpool, going away to a team like wigan, i could only see villa getting all 3 points, the other 2 hav many problems, liverpool rely on Gerrard like humans rely on lungs for breathing. Chelsea haven't got any sort of width, and so struggle to break down teams even poor ones like newcastle ( and our defence is a disaster )