Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Im not a two faced person.

I liked AM since the day he join Blues i never had a bad word to say about him. I still like him he won us the Carling Cup and we came 4 minutes within staying in the BPL and having the best season in our history.

I However will find it very hard to respect him if he joins you lot. I know many Villa fans most of my school friends are and all have said they wouldn't welcome him.

I However will find it very hard to respect him if he joins you lot. I know many Villa fans most of my school friends are and all have said they wouldn't welcome him.

I doubt that Lerner would go for McLeish. When Lerner was going to hold talks with McClaren, the talks got cancelled after a backlash from the fans. So surely the Villa fans would be unhappy if Lerner goes for McLeish.

I doubt that Lerner would go for McLeish. When Lerner was going to hold talks with McClaren' date=' the talks got cancelled after a backlash from the fans. So surely the Villa fans would be unhappy if Lerner goes for McLeish.[/quote']

Was just thinking this myself. I doubt he would decide not to even interview McClaren based on bad fan reactions and then go and sign Mcleish. I think it's just hype, I mean there have been about 5 strong favorites for the managers position already, and only Martinez was the actual one with any substance.

Guest 1CapWonder

My thoughts on the matter:

It's Mark Hughes, I'm almost sure of it.

I think the Martinez thing was a bit of PR. Whelan and Lerner get on well as it is, and I believe it was planned to make Wigan look even better than they are as a club, it does wonders for Martinez, as people begin to sit up and take note, and he remains loyal to Wigan.

Randy Lerner also looks as though he's moving to appoint, which keeps our fans relatively happy.

We all know we are not permitted to speak to Hughes until 31st June when his contract runs out, and if we do beforehand, Al Fayed is the kind of guy who would push for compensation and answers.

In my opinion, Hughes is fitted for the job and he's the man for it. Complicated circumstances to say the least but these things happen in football.

It won't be McLeish, he's just taken our rivals down FFS.

Guest 1CapWonder

I dont particurly want hughes' date=' i don't like him plays boring football (Most of his games end in draws) but at the moment i'll take him, Especially when we're being linked with McLeish and Rijkaard.[/quote']

Can't agree about the boring football! City were actually a joy to watch when he was there and Fulham have continued playing the same way they did under Hodgson, which has brought them success (8th is a fabulous achievement in my opinion) and I don't see who else we could afford or who's available that would be better...

It won't be McLeish' date=' he's just taken our rivals down FFS.[/quote']

and if lerner wasnt happy with how hughes left fulham he certainly wont be happy with how mcleish has left brum - get the feeling he's got somewhere else lined up tho - mcleish to everton and moyes to villa (depending on whether he thinks he'll get the manc job in a few years?)

and if lerner wasnt happy with how hughes left fulham he certainly wont be happy with how mcleish has left brum - get the feeling he's got somewhere else lined up tho - mcleish to everton and moyes to villa (depending on whether he thinks he'll get the manc job in a few years?)

PLEASE

Any rumours or talk in Merseyside regarding it pal?

Guest 1CapWonder

Oh balls.

This is like finding out your dads slept with your girlfriend.

I'd let my dad sleep with my girlfriend if it meant McLeish wouldn't become our manager...

Lerner's lost the plot.

Would McCleish actually want the Villa job? He'll be receiving plenty of threats from the Birmingham fans I'm sure.

Anyway, I not sure if you have all read this on soccerway, but basically Birmingham threaten to sue Villa if we do appoint him..

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/June/14/birmingham-threaten-to-sue-rivals-villa/

I pray to god McCleish doesn't get the job.