• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

It's not even the fact he's managed blues' date=' Its the fact he's over saw 2 relegations and the largest net spend behind Man City and Chelsea :eek:.

Some people want randy out which is a bit stupid.[/quote']

Exactly why I don't want him. I'd rather have had McLaren than McLeish. Plus if we have to pay for him, stump up a little more and at least approach Moyes. I am just hoping we are still waiting on Hughes and this was all to wind up the blues.

Is anyone considering attending the protest? I'm worried about it in all honesty. I mean Lerner clearly know fans sentiments already and is ignoring it a protest will achieve nothing but trouble. I know most Villa fans are decent people, but it's impossible to say everyone is. It could just take one idiot to make a peaceful protest turn ugly, or even a few rogue blues fans there stirring trouble. It could end up making us all appear like lowlifes, even though most people will attend with the best of intentions. I personally can't see what good it can do, it can't be made any clearer to Lerner that Mcleish is unwanted...

Apparently groups of small heath scum are out to cause trouble. The group constantly reiterates that this must be a peaceful protest ( rightly so ) if Lerner is to appreciate our sentiment.

The club has spoken to the creator of this group, BBC have contacted an admin on there, they plan to broadcast live after 7pm.

Also has anyone seen the graffiti on Body Moor entrance? Its disgraceful. We should never lower ourselves to that level.

Apparently some of our fans are vandalizing our own training ground... :rolleyes::mad:

Yup on at the entrance of bodymoor, disgusting graffiti making us look like small heath scum kinda fans.

Idiots.

Majority have condemned this behaviour on forums. Bloody idiots.

Make a banner, dont vandalise your own club you idiot. Its people like this who dont care about villa and just want an excuse to cause trouble.

Yup on at the entrance of bodymoor' date=' disgusting graffiti making us look like small heath scum kinda fans.

Idiots.

Majority have condemned this behaviour on forums. Bloody idiots.

Make a banner, dont vandalise your own club you idiot. Its people like this who dont care about villa and just want an excuse to cause trouble.[/quote']

I hate those type of people, there's no need for it and its only the small minority that make the majority look like scumbags.

I hate those type of people' date=' there's no need for it and its only the small minority that make the majority look like scumbags.[/quote']

Exactly. I've seen some people on the facebook page saying that they are going with the intent of it not being a peaceful protest. Some people are so stupid they dpn't think they can voice their opinion without violence, then they can't be told if anything it will do your case worse, they are genuinley too stupid to understand that so you can't change their minds. Fortunatly the majority are saying they are attending just to protest peacefully (which is what you expect as Villa is a good family club and kids will also be their apparently). That is how it should be, to show that we actually care about the club and aren't just scum looking for trouble. Hopefully the majority will control the moronic minority, and blues fans will have the brains to stay well away. Don't want to be given a bad name by a thuggish few.

Exactly. I've seen some people on the facebook page saying that they are going with the intent of it not being a peaceful protest. Some people are so stupid they dpn't think they can voice their opinion without violence' date=' then they can't be told if anything it will do your case worse, they are genuinley too stupid to understand that so you can't change their minds. Fortunatly the majority are saying they are attending just to protest peacefully (which is what you expect as Villa is a good family club and kids will also be their apparently). That is how it should be, to show that we actually care about the club and aren't just scum looking for trouble. Hopefully the majority will control the moronic minority, and blues fans will have the brains to stay well away. Don't want to be given a bad name by a thuggish few.[/quote']

In fairness the overwhelming majority say they are going to peaceful and reiterate the need for a peaceful protest so im not to worried regarding trouble.

Talks between the club and Mcleish have begun, according to many sources including sky, he will be announced as manager in the next 36 hours.

Screw it... im heading down VP see whats happening.

UTV

Good shout, I can admit when I'm wrong it seems like the minority who were suggesting they wanted to cause trouble aren't showing up (touchwood). I wish sky sports would show footage of the protest as it is progressing though, rather than just a video taken at about 5 (when it was just starting). I wish I could make it down there myself but I've got an exam tomorrow and there's no way I'm going to be allowed out...

It was an interview. The same papers made the same articles about Ancelotti, Benitez, Martinez and Moyes and will soon be about Hughes and probably even Rijkaard because they have no idea what's going on.

Some supposed in the know guy (who has been right multiple times before) have said have gone pretty awful.

He still believes Moyes is going to join Villa.

Though BBC Sport said that Lerner will be making an announcement about McLeish tomorrow.

It was an interview. The same papers made the same articles about Ancelotti' date=' Benitez, Martinez and Moyes and will soon be about Hughes and probably even Rijkaard because they have no idea what's going on.

Some supposed in the know guy (who has been right multiple times before) have said have gone pretty awful.

He still believes Moyes is going to join Villa.

Though BBC Sport said that Lerner will be making an announcement about McLeish tomorrow.[/quote']

Iv admitted defeat and part of me accepts he is going to become our new manager. *sighs*.

I shall however not boycott the club as some suggested. I just cant turn down the opportunity to go and watch us, been a struggle when iv been at uni, commuting and all, but now im back home i wanna go. Might try and do away days only.

Anyway id love Moyes..... but like i said i know it aint gonna happen.

The gathering was pretty decent, only went their for a hour or so but it was good. Alot of the media reported everything wrong. Citing the fact he is a ex blues manager as the reason we dont want him.... no its because he is awful........

EDIT: Also where are you getting this stuff about moyes from pal ? A personal friend ? What source you using pal.

UTV

Here's what Charles Krulak your managing director said earlier today.

The uproar over McLeish is uncalled for. He has proved he can manage in the big leagues - just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him.

'You cling to the fact he’s seen his lads relegated twice. Well, the first time he was not with the club long enough to make a difference. Secondly, look at the owners he’s worked for and support of him monetarily.

'Then look at our owner Randy Lerner and what he provides to his managers. Ask Alex Ferguson about the man. We need to do what is right for the club.'

Which is in massive contrast with this fact.

Alex Mcleish's net spending over the last 2 years is higher than everyone but Chelsea & Man City and he got relegated.

Here's what Charles Krulak your managing director said earlier today.

The uproar over McLeish is uncalled for. He has proved he can manage in the big leagues - just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him.

'You cling to the fact he’s seen his lads relegated twice. Well' date=' the first time he was not with the club long enough to make a difference. Secondly, look at the owners he’s worked for and support of him monetarily.

'Then look at our owner Randy Lerner and what he provides to his managers. Ask Alex Ferguson about the man. We need to do what is right for the club.'

Which is in massive contrast with this fact.

Alex Mcleish's net spending over the last 2 years is higher than everyone but Chelsea & Man City and he got [b']relegated[/b].

Twice.

Its a joke and i dont even wanna think about it anymore !

For the love of god randy.... stop being a idiot and appoint this man or any other man with a decent bloody record !! :mad::mad::mad:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-news-Quique-Sanchez-Flores-who-lead-Atletico-Madrid-to-Europa-League-triumph-2010-wants-job-if-fan-anger-keeps-Alex-McLeish-out-article747872.html

Im scared to go to sleep ha ! i dont wanna wake up tomorrow, because the first thing ill do is check the news and i cant bare to see him at villa.

EDIT: RE: Hughes -Apparently we dont like the way he resigned..... pardon me ? did mcleish use a email ? FFS !

Ill agree and admit that most Blues fans loved the bloke when we won the Carling Cup only the few and when i say few i mean 100 maybe ? like me never took to his style through out his reign. Its only now they have turned which i find fickle.

Even when we finish 9th and in doing so had our highest place finish i said it was all down to 4-5-1 fluke 1-0 wins.

I personally think he could do well with you. Your (and just give me time to swallow this massive bitter pill) a bigger club than us more money better squad better resources to attack with for once ?

What do you make of it all come to think of it i actually don't have a full download of the McLeish saga form a villa fan ?

Its the very nature of football fans to sing when there winning and at times were all guilty of doing it, however i do try and stay grounded... even when we finished 6th i was questioning Oneills transfer policy... but thats a different story ( i do appreciate when things are going well i dont moan constantly :D )

Your very lucky im not putting that as my signature :P Very lucky :D

I liked how he got you boys to defend.... but that is literally where the compliments end. I dont think he has the tactical nous to really take a club forward in the premiership. I dont think he can play attractive football.... from memory it wasnt even great at rangers ! People also mention he managed Scotland as if that was something good... he didnt achieve anything with them. Then he took you guys down twice and as you rightly said his football is just way to negative. I cant see how that side of things is going to take us forward.

Couple that with the fact that there are rumours that players are unhappy with his imminent appointment... rumours downing said he will want to leave if he comes in and on top of that can he really attract good players? I somehow doubt it. Id love for him to prove me wrong, id happily eat my words. I just cant see it happening.

Sadly.

The whole thing is very messy for us and you guys although i do feel that Pannu chap is milking things... do you reckon he was tapped up ?

Its the very nature of football fans to sing when there winning and at times were all guilty of doing it' date=' however i do try and stay grounded... even when we finished 6th i was questioning Oneills transfer policy... but thats a different story ( i do appreciate when things are going well i dont moan constantly :D )

Your very lucky im not putting that as my signature :P Very lucky :D

I liked how he got you boys to defend.... but that is literally where the compliments end. I dont think he has the tactical nous to really take a club forward in the premiership. I dont think he can play attractive football.... from memory it wasnt even great at rangers ! People also mention he managed Scotland as if that was something good... he didnt achieve anything with them. Then he took you guys down twice and as you rightly said his football is just way to negative. I cant see how that side of things is going to take us forward.

Couple that with the fact that there are rumours that players are unhappy with his imminent appointment... rumours downing said he will want to leave if he comes in and on top of that can he really attract good players? I somehow doubt it. Id love for him to prove me wrong, id happily eat my words. I just cant see it happening.

Sadly.

[b']The whole thing is very messy for us and you guys although i do feel that Pannu chap is milking things... do you reckon he was tapped up ?[/b]

All very good points there

As for the part iv highlighted ;)

i do find it hard to believe Villa have tapped McLeish up very hard they ticket all the right boxes with Wigan so simply why not with us ?

Maybe they though this softly softly approach was not working and so decided to Tap-Up McLeish. After all His on Holiday and we all know the villa owner has his own private jet ? But its all just guessing work.

If the LMA seemingly speaking on McLeish's behalf are right about McLeish and his problems with the board then why simply not quit a few days or a week after the Relegation, come out and say the board and i dont see eye to eye im of.

Why McLeish then had to buy two players In Burke and King and have two more lined up i don't know ? Maybe because he had nothing to walk right back into if he left and after villa failed to get the man in Martinez they Taped-up Mcleish.

Its all very strange don't you think ? Mark Hughes leaves Fulham and the media right way jump on him going to Villa, Only for Villa to come out almost instantly distance them self's from him because of the way hes left Fulham ... So why not do it with McLeish after he left in the same fashion with blues ?

Its all If's, But's and Maybe's from me on him being tapped up. I just find it all very strange on how things have played out