Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Guest 1CapWonder

I'd like Roger Johnson ahead of Dann.

Don't pay over the odds for Foster.

I'll be behind Aston Villa. If McLeish gets off to a bad start he's in a lot of trouble.

I think and hope he will' date=' Hopefully he brings dann and Foster with him.

He'll defiently have my full support.[/quote']

Brummie lad - Id say now that we agreed compo fairly quick, and Pannu is refusing to comment on reporting us saying he said enough already. Relations between the two clubs might not be as bad as i thought they were last night

Foster id love.

Dann i simply dont know enough about. I want a new CB.

To get everyone behind the club again ( they should be already the club is bigger than the manager, players chairman etc ) Lerner will hopefully spend some moolar.

I dont think the relations are as bad as we all thought last night. Pannu has piped down. Compo agreed under 24 hours. Seems like things have been smoothed over and end of day if a player wants to leave ?

If ferguson comes im gonna personally crow bar his leg so he never plays football again.

Brummie lad - Id say now that we agreed compo fairly quick' date=' and Pannu is refusing to comment on reporting us saying he said enough already. Relations between the two clubs might not be as bad as i thought they were last night

Foster id love.

Dann i simply dont know enough about. I want a new CB.

To get everyone behind the club again ( they should be already the club is bigger than the manager, players chairman etc ) Lerner will hopefully spend some moolar.[/quote']

Well i was told this on Tuesday...

RUMOR has it McLeish will be named Villa manager Wednesday with villa paying just 2m in compo BUT with the agreement that McLeish cant take any Blues players with him

Thats from a close friend who works in some department over at Villa the 2M in compo seems to be correct while Wednesday is when they first held talks so its all ture.

If compo has been sorted this quickly with 3M less then wanted then surly the Blues Board have thrown in some kind of deal ? That maybe being he can't come back and just take take take ?

Well i was told this on Tuesday...

Thats from a close friend who works in some department over at Villa the 2M in compo seems to be correct while Wednesday is when they first held talks so its all ture.

If compo has been sorted this quickly with 3M less then wanted then surly the Blues Board have thrown in some kind of deal ? That maybe being he can't come back and just take take take ?

Probably worth considering but it sounds a little far fetched, because those players will leave regardless.

Probably worth considering but it sounds a little far fetched' date=' because those players will leave regardless.[/quote']

Ture i think most are just sitting tight waiting it out to who the new manager is maybe some might stay... Would be personally gutted if Foster were to up and leave to Villa park :(

I'm not a villa fan

but i think one of the first things he should do is try and get reo-coker back at the club, shouldn't of let him walk(unless theres something he did im not aware of)

plus i can see him going for foster more than anyone, especially with friedel going to spurs

although you never know with alex he could use his old rangers ties and bring down mcgregor, with guzan going the opposite way.

I'm not a villa fan

but i think one of the first things he should do is try and get reo-coker back at the club' date=' shouldn't of let him walk(unless theres something he did im not aware of)

plus i can see him going for foster more than anyone, especially with friedel going to spurs

although you never know with alex he could use his old rangers ties and bring down mcgregor, with guzan going the opposite way.[/font']

I dont think we should re sign Reo-Coker and i dont want McGregor. :o

Although Reo Coker >>>>>>>>> x 10000 >>>>>>> Barry Ferguson.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2377606,00.html

So McLeish has been confirmed then as the new Aston Villa manager.

Was always gonna happen but like you say its official. Iv woke up this morning alot less down beat than i was yesterday. Im going to give him a chance, and *gulp* a little time.

Im focusing on his achievements ! Lets get behind him and the club. We may disagree. But this is out club and it needs us to get behind him.

EDIT

our first three games are Fylham (A), Blackburn (H) and Wolves (H). Im going to go to fulham and wolves i reckon then hopefully man city away in september.

I'm not a villa fan

but i think one of the first things he should do is try and get reo-coker back at the club' date=' shouldn't of let him walk(unless theres something he did im not aware of)

although you never know with alex he could use his old rangers ties and bring down mcgregor, with guzan going the opposite way.[/font']

I think the main thing is he played well, but only for the one season he got back into the sqaud (after o'neill froze him out) and tried to use that to command ridiculous wages. I think it may have mainly been the board standing firm on that one.

Plus at one point he was talking about champions league clubs from other countries wanting him. Even after being frozen out he should never have been in the position to fight with o'neill like he did. On the field he puts in effort and is a real professional. But I think off the field he is too disruptive given the circumstances the club finds itself.

Were being linked with a 9 million pound move for Charlie Adam as part of Mcleishs rebuilding process.

He gave both his Scotland and Rangers debut to him. We have a shot at getting him IMO.

Would be a great signing.

Sadly also being linked with Wes Brown. Don't think he'd really do anything for you guys with someone much younger and already better in Clark.

Also don't see spending 15m on Dann being too intelligent. Equal talent throughout the continent that could be bought for half that.

Sadly also being linked with Wes Brown. Don't think he'd really do anything for you guys with someone much younger and already better in Clark.

Also don't see spending 15m on Dann being too intelligent. Equal talent throughout the continent that could be bought for half that.

yeah I agree with your comments on Dann and Brown. You see some promising news on Adam (especially with the info about his close ties with Mcleish that Mr.Adamski said that I didn't know about previously). But then you hear of the sorts of signings that had a lot of Villa fans worried about his transfer history with the likes of Zigic and chucho

Guest 1CapWonder

Wes Brown is a fantastic defender. He doesn't let you down and I for one would love him at Aston Villa. He's also a great, great guy but I can't see him leaving the North to be completely honest. Wouldn't mind if he brought his brother Reece with him!!! But it's unlikely we'll get Wes I think.

£15m on Dann is crazy money.

Charlie Adam link excites me, and would be a fantastic signing, but I'd be very surprised!

yeah I agree with your comments on Dann and Brown. You see some promising news on Adam (especially with the info about his close ties with Mcleish that Mr.Adamski said that I didn't know about previously). But then you hear of the sorts of signings that had a lot of Villa fans worried about his transfer history with the likes of Zigic and chucho

Yeah but Chucho was just a loan and if you believe the reports, Zigic was never a player McLeish wanted (as were supposedly others). You've also had a link to Draxler, still heavily linked to Barton, a move to bring back Craig Gardner, seems you guys are now the front runners to sign DJ Campbell and a supposed move to bring back Davies. Easy to link players from Birmingham though.