Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Yeah but Chucho was just a loan and if you believe the reports' date=' Zigic was never a player McLeish wanted (as were supposedly others). You've also had a link to Draxler, still heavily linked to Barton, a move to bring back Craig Gardner, seems you guys are now the front runners to sign DJ Campbell and a supposed move to bring back Davies. Easy to link players from Birmingham though.[/quote']

Thats all pap !!

Like you say just lazy paper talk linking us to previous clubs players.

I dont even think McLeish is considering those players, he said he wants to and will win round the fans, that aint gonna happen by signing sub standard ex blue nose players lol. It just doesnt work like that.

Craig Garndner can rot in hell too !

He claims to be a life long blues fan but loads of people in brum who he went to school with say he was Villa mad. :mad:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Thats all pap !!

Like you say just lazy paper talk linking us to previous clubs players.

I dont even think McLeish is considering those players' date=' he said he wants to and will win round the fans, that aint gonna happen by signing sub standard ex blue nose players lol. It just doesnt work like that.

Craig Garndner can rot in hell too !

He claims to be a life long blues fan but loads of people in brum who he went to school with say he was Villa mad. :mad:[/quote']

It probably is all false, but just things I've read/heard.

A conference is set to unveil McLeish today. Wonder if anything else could be announced.

It probably is all false' date=' but just things I've read/heard.

A conference is set to unveil McLeish today. Wonder if anything else could be announced.[/quote']

Iv seen the stories too bud. Has to be garbage ? surely ?

I have no doubt we will spend alot this summer, but what on earth is the point of spending money on players like that.

Id chop off my right arm for Adam to join and non of this ex blue nose gang to join !

Iv seen the stories too bud. Has to be garbage ? surely ?

I have no doubt we will spend alot this summer' date=' but what on earth is the point of spending money on players like that.

Id chop off my right arm for Adam to join and non of this ex blue nose gang to join ![/quote']

I think DJ Campbell would be an excellent buy myself. Rarely do you see at relegation candidate teams, more then one player doing all of the scoring. and 13 goals is quality. With the reported 1.75m-2m... A backup player/partnership with Bent? Total they scored 30 goals this season. Which is only 18 goals off what you guys scored total.

Is Barton really a bad signing though? He scared the Villa midfield the 2nd game of the season. Had a great season to boot with 9 assists. Only 1 less then Young had as your leading assist player. And the last player Villa had that could scare a midfielder?

I get the hatred for Gardner. Kissing the Birmingham City badge and whatnot, but scoring 10 goals from midfield. Do you really have another player that can do that? Plus, that could make Gary Gardner happy as it is his dream to play with Craig in the middle of Villa's midfield.

And altogether they would cost what? A measly 10m probably? 27 goals and 10 assists between the 3 players. I know stats aren't everything, but hardly would be a waste of money if they can keep the same form which I'm sure they could.

I think DJ Campbell would be an excellent buy myself. Rarely do you see at relegation candidate teams' date=' more then one player doing all of the scoring. and 13 goals is quality. With the reported 1.75m-2m... A backup player/partnership with Bent? Total they scored 30 goals this season. Which is only 18 goals off what you guys scored total.

Is Barton really a bad signing though? He scared the Villa midfield the 2nd game of the season. Had a great season to boot with 9 assists. Only 1 less then Young had as your leading assist player. And the last player Villa had that could scare a midfielder?

I get the hatred for Gardner. Kissing the Birmingham City badge and whatnot, but scoring 10 goals from midfield. Do you really have another player that can do that? Plus, that could make Gary Gardner happy as it is his dream to play with Craig in the middle of Villa's midfield.

And altogether they would cost what? A measly 10m probably? 27 goals and 10 assists between the 3 players. I know stats aren't everything, but hardly would be a waste of money if they can keep the same form which I'm sure they could.[/quote']

I dont buy it, DJ Cambell isnt some youngster who hasnt had a crack of the whip before. He is 29 years old and until he joined blackpool he hadnt score over 10 goals in the top two tiers of english football. 2 seasons ago he managed 11 goals in the championship and last season 13. A good total, i dont deny that. But to me, he has had one good season and he is certainly not of the quality i want at my football club, id rather we blood youngsters than spend 2 million on him, or whatever the price.

Barton is scum, end of. I do not wish to be associated with him, iv said it numerous times on the newcastle thread ( ask Liam he got sick and tired of me :D ). He would add something different, but i dont want him. We need players for the long run, who will want to work for the club. He doesnt strike me as that kind of person.

I dont think we needed a player like Gardner over the last few years he, doesnt and didnt fit into our system. That could change under big eck, but i dont want him any where near the club. Mcleish would be rubbing salt into the wounds if he was to bring ANY blues players to the club IMO. Expect Foster and perhaps Dann / Johnson.

Not sure what to make of this. However, the chap i go to alot of my games with assured me his work colleague saw Charlie Adam in birmingham last night, then i go onto facebook and see someone else see it ?

Maybe he looked like him :o

I dunno. Would be a bloody coup though.

Yeah but Chucho was just a loan and if you believe the reports' date=' Zigic was never a player McLeish wanted (as were supposedly others). [b']You've also had a link to Draxler[/b], still heavily linked to Barton, a move to bring back Craig Gardner, seems you guys are now the front runners to sign DJ Campbell and a supposed move to bring back Davies. Easy to link players from Birmingham though.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hKTNDjXd6Mcc_eH7PD0F3wNW7UxA?docId=CNG.0a27e2db6718d56dc91627d03daceda1.431

That's one deal out of the question I guess. I don't thin DJ Campbell would be an ideal signing...

Just listened to the press conference.

He came across ok, quite well, quite humble and seemed determined to prove all the doubters, reassured Lerners passion and aims for the club and refused to comment on all transfer speculation and didnt rule out signing a Birmingham city player if they, and quote " can play for Aston Villa ".

Interviews understandably and disappointingly concentrated on the fact that he came from Birmingham. Would of liked them to ask a few more questions regarding football.

I am actually optmistic for this season :eek:

I'm worried a little about his back room staff......but he has assured us that Cowans will be a first team coach.

UTV

http://yfrog.com/hs6vfpsnj

Nice one Stewart.

Get out of our club you ungrateful, disloyal scum bag, who didnt try hard enough, who thought to much of himself.

Leave you tossa.

Liverpool can have him, they will be shocked at just how "good" he is.

:rolleyes:

Thinks he is capable of playing CL. get real you mug.

EDIT: Is that real ? Looks dodgy at second glance. Still he thinks he is better than he is and id take anything over what we paid.

Who will replace Downing, Friedel and Young? A terrible loss for Villa IMO.

A 4-2-3-1 could be possible

Kameni?

Walker Cuellar Dunne Warnock (Young, Collins, Clark, Beye, Baker)

Makoun, Petrov (Bradley, Delph)

Albrighton Kranjcar? Agbonlahor? (Piatti)

Bent (Delfonueso, Heskey)

Young I think would have been a good attacking midfielder, but now he has left I personally think someone should be signed-but who?

A new keeper would be good for Villa-maybe Kameni? Better than Foster IMO.

A new winger would provide more depth, but haven't heard any names to replace Downing if he leaves. Kranjcar can play LM and AM-could start if he played well? Would be cheap also. Piatti could add some depth or start if he played well maybe? Greizemann maybe too expensive, but if not would be good IMO.

Signing Parker, if at a reasonable price would add quality to the middle IMO but not vital

Guest 1CapWonder

Hated Downing from Day 1 for his attitude alone. It frustrates me how non-villa fans and even some of our fickle home fans who musn't watch games and just listen to the press tell me how "good" he is.

Absolute disgrace, and this is the final straw for me.

Hated Downing from Day 1 for his attitude alone. It frustrates me how non-villa fans and even some of our fickle home fans who musn't watch games and just listen to the press tell me how "good" he is.

Absolute disgrace' date=' and this is the final straw for me.[/quote']

Well he is leaving now, so with the 10-12 million you might get for him hope for a good replacement:p and put the bad memories behind:p

Who will replace Downing' date=' Friedel and Young? A terrible loss for Villa IMO.

A 4-2-3-1 could be possible

Kameni?

Walker Cuellar Dunne Warnock (Young, Collins, Clark, Beye, Baker)

Makoun, Petrov (Bradley, Delph)

Albrighton Kranjcar? Agbonlahor? (Piatti)

Bent (Delfonueso, Heskey)

Young I think would have been a good attacking midfielder, but now he has left I personally think someone should be signed-but who?

A new keeper would be good for Villa-maybe Kameni? Better than Foster IMO.

A new winger would provide more depth, but haven't heard any names to replace Downing if he leaves. Kranjcar can play LM and AM-could start if he played well? Would be cheap also. Piatti could add some depth or start if he played well maybe? Greizemann maybe too expensive, but if not would be good IMO.

Signing Parker, if at a reasonable price would add quality to the middle IMO but not vital[/quote']

Foster, Gardner and Larsson probably. :P

Eck really rates Foster, he's also fond of Allan McGregor by the sounds of it. Kranjcar has been in talks with Kiev the last couple of days so can't see him going to Villa, unless they're really interested in him. Almería have said they don't want to sell Piatti on the cheap, so Villa will have to cough up a fair bit for him but I can't see Eck signing many players from abroad, he'll go for players who have experience over here, i think if he does go further afield it'll be to Scotland to pick a couple of players up. Naismith can play as a second striker, and a winger, and wouldn't cost the bomb. Steven Davies has been linked with Villa too, neither would be awful signings. Wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson or Dann join either.

Foster' date=' Gardner and Larsson probably. :P

Eck really rates Foster, he's also fond of Allan McGregor by the sounds of it. Kranjcar has been in talks with Kiev the last couple of days so can't see him going to Villa, unless they're really interested in him. Almería have said they don't want to sell Piatti on the cheap, so Villa will have to cough up a fair bit for him but I can't see Eck signing many players from abroad, he'll go for players who have experience over here, i think if he does go further afield it'll be to Scotland to pick a couple of players up. Naismith can play as a second striker, and a winger, and wouldn't cost the bomb. Steven Davies has been linked with Villa too, neither would be awful signings. Wouldn't be surprised to see Johnson or Dann join either.[/quote']

Larson would be a great buy-free agent:p Didn't think of him although does Albrighton play as well on the left?

Foster is OK, but I personally don't rate him that highly. Villa should sell some defenders before they buy-they have enough depth already IMO.

Ok guys' date=' That pictures a fake. confirmed.

There's 4 left hands if you look.

[url']http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/blog/2011-06-21/picture-could-picture-prove-stewart-downing-his-way-liverpool[/url]

good spot, although would be lying if I said I was glad. Thought we'd got rid of the scumbag :rolleyes:

Villa have agreed a transfer fee for Michael Bradley' date=' but won't be signed until McLeish plans to speak to him first before a contract is signed.[/quote']

Pretty happy with that although i didnt get to see to much of him.

I really want Charlie Adam.... desperately.

Guest 1CapWonder

It's just yet another thing Downing will "get away with"

We might aswell call every picture photoshopped. People were only having a fit cos they thought his hand looked huge, but it's clearly the tassle.

And he's exactly that Adam! Just want him out, and quick.