Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Im not saying they can't' date=' all im saying is that there are a lot more teams now who are capable of competing for 6th, the league as a whole has become a lot more competetive, and the gap between sides form 6th to 10th has become much smaller, so villa are less likely to qualify for europe, thats all i said, but certain idiots like to make a mountain of a mole hill :)

EDIT lmao 5th??[/quote']

Why can't they get 5th? Unless Spurs and Liverpool either 1. Decimate the team of Villa by buying their players or 2. Liverpool stop buying future English "stars" and start buying top class players and Spurs buy a couple class strikers, then Villa as a team won't be far off. Especially if the rumour of the bid for N'Zogbia from Villa being true.

(In no way am I underestimating teams like Stoke, Sunderland and Everton as I do like Stoke as Pulis had them playing some great stuff at the end and Everton are a good team, however Sunderland looked awful after losing Bent and Everton start far too slowly and Stoke are coming along but they don't simply have the quality especially as after Jones, their second highest goal scorer was a center back (tied with another striker)).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

problem is that the improved defence is very much due to the detriment of the attack - pretty sure he went something like 15 months without a league win by more than one goal

Birmingham got less than a goal a game last season I believe-37 in the league. Worrying stuff. When Bent' date=' Downing, Young were all there I could see the defence of Mcleish being good and the quality of attakers seeing them through.

Now I think Legend has a point.

Im not saying they can't, all im saying is that there are a lot more teams now who are capable of competing for 6th

When Villa was finishing 6th before it was a big four. Now Tottenham and City have arrived, the number of top quality teams has gone from 4-6. Even 5 if you discount one of Tottenham or Liverpool.

He is not saying Villa can't, but there is an increased competition for places.

GK-Freidel has left. No replacement found. I thought Kameni maybe-he has said he would be interested in a move to Fullham, so a move to Villa wouldn't be unrealistic IMO.

Defence-Cuellar said he would like to go back Rangers but he will most likely stay IMO, so no worries here. Walker signing permamently would be a great capture, but if not still not a problem in terms of depth or quality.

Midfield-Reo-coker leaving that leaves just Makoun and Petrov in the middle. If one of them is injured/suspended then I personally don't think Delph is a good enough option for a team wanting 6th. I haven't seen too much of him so if someone disagrees with me I won't argue the point:). I think the deal for Bradley has been cancelled reagrding CM's.

Wingers there is just Agbonlahor and Albrighton. Fair enough if they bring in N'Zogbia but the deal isn't closed yet.

As for forwards, Bent, Gabby, Delfouneso and Heskey is enough.

Before the transfers I say a strong 4-2-3-1 for Villa;

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock (Beye,Clark,Collins,Baker-Young LB if needed.)

Makoun Petrov (Bradley, Delph)

Albrighton Young Downing

Bent (Agbonlahor wings also, Heskey, Delfouneso)

But with the loss of 1 quality attacking midfielder, 1 decent winger and a centre mid replacements should be found.

I think that what Legend is getting at is that if they aren't Villa will struggle to get 6th. And if they do get into Europe they will need more depth than they currently have IMO. BUT IF THEY DO THIS IT IS PERFECTLY POSSIBLE :)

Birmingham got less than a goal a game last season I believe-37 in the league. Worrying stuff. When Bent' date=' Downing, Young were all there I could see the defence of Mcleish being good and the quality of attakers seeing them through.

Now I think Legend has a point.

When Villa was finishing 6th before it was a big four. Now Tottenham and City have arrived, the number of top quality teams has gone from 4-6. Even 5 if you discount one of Tottenham or Liverpool.

He is not saying Villa can't, but there is an increased competition for places.

GK-Freidel has left. No replacement found. I thought Kameni maybe-he has said he would be interested in a move to Fullham, so a move to Villa wouldn't be unrealistic IMO.

Defence-Cuellar said he would like to go back Rangers but he will most likely stay IMO, so no worries here. Walker signing permamently would be a great capture, but if not still not a problem in terms of depth or quality.

Midfield-Reo-coker leaving that leaves just Makoun and Petrov in the middle. If one of them is injured/suspended then I personally don't think Delph is a good enough option for a team wanting 6th. I haven't seen too much of him so if someone disagrees with me I won't argue the point:). I think the deal for Bradley has been cancelled reagrding CM's.

Wingers there is just Agbonlahor and Albrighton. Fair enough if they bring in N'Zogbia but the deal isn't closed yet.

As for forwards, Bent, Gabby, Delfouneso and Heskey is enough.

Before the transfers I say a strong 4-2-3-1 for Villa;

Friedel

Young Cuellar Dunne Warnock (Beye,Clark,Collins,Baker-Young LB if needed.)

Makoun Petrov (Bradley, Delph)

Albrighton Young Downing

Bent (Agbonlahor wings also, Heskey, Delfouneso)

But with the loss of 1 quality attacking midfielder, 1 decent winger and a centre mid replacements should be found.

I think that what Legend is getting at is that if they aren't Villa will struggle to get 6th. And if they do get into Europe they will need more depth than they currently have IMO. BUT IF THEY DO THIS IT IS PERFECTLY POSSIBLE :)[/quote']

Haha, it does make sense. And in no way am I saying they'll get 6th, but neither Spurs nor Liverpool are a big step above them when replacements for Young and Friedel come in.

Why can't they get 5th? Unless Spurs and Liverpool either 1. Decimate the team of Villa by buying their players or 2. Liverpool stop buying future English "stars" and start buying top class players and Spurs buy a couple class strikers' date=' then Villa as a team won't be far off. Especially if the rumour of the bid for N'Zogbia from Villa being true.

[/quote']

You really do make me laugh mate :) 5th place? I'm sorry but they're nowhere near that level, and it's pretty laughable the ''1'' and the ''2's'' you've used. Why would spurs want to decimate the villa squad when they have a much better one? Why would Liverpool want to do that either? And the point about the stars, we've only bought in two, Carroll(WILL be englands first choice CF in a year) and henderson, who i must admit, i'm not too excited about.

Cant really see how nzogbia will make such a difference to villa anyways.

I'm sorry' date=' didn't think it'd actually make you cry when i said that :o

I think its about time you look at the future, instead of living in the past, the days when you were challenging for 4th, Liverpool had one of the best first 11 in the world and were hitting 4 goals against the likes of madrid and manu, move on, i know it must've been hard for you to look at the league as a whole last season as villa were in a bit of a mess, but it has become much more competitive, and whilst you were searching for a coach, teams like Stoke and Sunderland have improved greatly.

What makes you think that you are clear favourites over Sunderland and Stoke to challenge for 6th place?

Stoke reached the FA Cup final last season, when was the last time villa did? They will only improve next season, Pulis has done a fantastic job there.

Sunderland have a decent first 11, guaranteed goals with Gyan, excellent striker, decent mid and defense, and a solid keeper in Gordon.

Its much tighter than you make it out to be, and unless villa spend money, can't see them being clear challengers for 6th place.[/quote']

I just remembered why you was on my ignore list. Was i crying ? Did i say that upset me ? No, the smilies were used to show just how shocked i am at your unfounded opinion.

Look to the future? Seriously ? The vast majority of our squad are still here that finished 6th three seasons in a row. Surely if they are capable of doing it three times in a row, they have, at least the ability to challenge for 6th ( not necasirrly get it ), or am i living in the past ? Just like Liverpool fans do, why cant next season be our season :):rolleyes:

Why are you bringing 4th place into this ? Where has ANYONE since we actually challenged for it mentioned its where we should be. So before you make a point, make sure it has some relevance to the converasation because that doesnt, also i suggest you stop living in the past. You WERE knocking goals past Madrid for fun, now you go out against Braga in the EL.

I dont doubt the quality has improved, my disagreement with you is in your assumption that Sunderland and Stoke are in a much better position to challenge for 6th than us.

Sorry how many goals did Gyan score this season ??? Pretty sure its less than Bent.

I didnt make it out to be anything, i said were better placed than those two. There are a number of teams you could of said and i wouldnt have a major disagreement with, but Stoke ? :rolleyes:

:eek::eek:

Holy ....... That coming from a liverpool fan.

I'm going for a lie down.

:D

Im not saying they can't' date=' all im saying is that there are a lot more teams now who are capable of competing for 6th, the league as a whole has become a lot more competetive, and the gap between sides form 6th to 10th has become much smaller, so villa are less likely to qualify for europe, thats all i said, but certain idiots like to make a mountain of a mole hill :)

EDIT lmao 5th??[/quote']

If your insinuating im a idiot or anyone else, an infraction is coming your way capiche A2R?

Im not making a mountain of a mole hill, this is a forum, you post something on this thread regarding Villa and if people respond were supposed to agree ? Nahhh.

Villa finished 9th in a awful season, a awful season with loads of trouble, were in that group of 6th - 9th place teams and with the players we have and the future investment, i dont see why were not one of the better placed teams to finished 8th/7th/6th.

You really do make me laugh mate :) 5th place? I'm sorry but they're nowhere near that level' date=' and it's pretty laughable the ''1'' and the ''2's'' you've used. Why would spurs want to decimate the villa squad when they have a much better one? Why would Liverpool want to do that either? And the point about the stars, we've only bought in two,[b'] Carroll(WILL be englands first choice CF in a year) [/b]and henderson, who i must admit, i'm not too excited about.

Cant really see how nzogbia will make such a difference to villa anyways.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I just remembered why you was on my ignore list. Was i crying ? Did i say that upset me ? No' date=' the smilies were used to show just how shocked i am at your unfounded opinion.

Look to the future? Seriously ? The vast majority of our squad are still here that finished 6th three seasons in a row. Surely if they are capable of doing it three times in a row, they have, at least the ability to challenge for 6th ( not necasirrly get it ), or am i living in the past ? Just like Liverpool fans do, why cant next season be our season :):rolleyes:

Why are you bringing 4th place into this ? Where has ANYONE since we actually challenged for it mentioned its where we should be. So before you make a point, make sure it has some relevance to the converasation because that doesnt, also i suggest you stop living in the past. You WERE knocking goals past Madrid for fun, now you go out against Braga in the EL.

I dont doubt the quality has improved, my disagreement with you is in your assumption that Sunderland and Stoke are in a much better position to challenge for 6th than us.

Sorry how many goals did Gyan score this season ??? Pretty sure its less than Bent.

I didnt make it out to be anything, i said were better placed than those two. There are a number of teams you could of said and i wouldnt have a major disagreement with, but Stoke ? :rolleyes:

:D

If your insinuating im a idiot or anyone else, an infraction is coming your way capiche A2R?

Im not making a mountain of a mole hill, this is a forum, you post something on this thread regarding Villa and if people respond were supposed to agree ? Nahhh.

Villa finished 9th in a awful season, a awful season with loads of trouble, were in that group of 6th - 9th place teams and with the players we have and the future investment, i dont see why were not one of the better placed teams to finished 8th/7th/6th.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH[/quote']

Yeah the vast majority of the squad is still here, yet they're nowhere near their best.

Lets have a look the post which nearly made you cry

That was my point' date=' villa is far away form that 6th place, and currently there are clubs who have a much better chance of achieving that than villa, Sunderland aren't bad, Stoke will keep on improving, Newcastle have done well in the market, then theres Everton aswell, [b']all these teams have as much chance as getting 6th place than villa[/b].

And i'm not surprised he's not getting all of it.

SEE that bit in bold? Do you UNDERSTAND IT?

Cant remember bringing 4th place in to this, the rest of your post is pointless because you're just going on and on about stuff i never even said.

I never said stoke had a better chance of 6th place, i said they have just as much of a chance as villa.

Your still in a bad state mentally, can't even read properly at the moment, so i'll get back to you some other time lol! :D

I'm sorry' date=' didn't think it'd actually make you cry when i said that :o

[b']I think its about time you look at the future[/b], instead of living in the past, the days when you were challenging for 4th, Liverpool had one of the best first 11 in the world and were hitting 4 goals against the likes of madrid and manu, move on, i know it must've been hard for you to look at the league as a whole last season as villa were in a bit of a mess, but it has become much more competitive, and whilst you were searching for a coach, teams like Stoke and Sunderland have improved greatly.

What makes you think that you are clear favourites over Sunderland and Stoke to challenge for 6th place?

Stoke reached the FA Cup final last season, when was the last time villa did? They will only improve next season, Pulis has done a fantastic job there.

Sunderland have a decent first 11, guaranteed goals with Gyan, excellent striker, decent mid and defense, and a solid keeper in Gordon.

Its much tighter than you make it out to be, and unless villa spend money, can't see them being clear challengers for 6th place.

First off all, you say look to the future when talking about Liverpool's past. What's that all about :confused:

And Stoke :confused: Seriously :confused: You don't say Everton or Newcastle, but Stoke :confused: Direct style of play with a couple of big strikers isn't going to get you much futher then mid-table even when things go very well for them. There's nothing about Stoke, no-one is anywhere near to the level that Darren Bent is.

Yeah the vast majority of the squad is still here' date=' yet they're nowhere near their best.

Lets have a look the post which nearly made you cry

SEE that bit in bold? Do you UNDERSTAND IT?

Cant remember bringing 4th place in to this, the rest of your post is pointless because you're just going on and on about stuff i never even said.

I never said stoke had a better chance of 6th place, i said they have just as much of a chance as villa.

Your still in a bad state mentally, can't even read properly at the moment, so i'll get back to you some other time lol! :D[/quote']

You really arent as bright as you make out. The only thing that would get me close to tears is your sheer ignorance at other peoples opinions and in many cases facts. Whatever A2R thinks must be right :rolleyes: ...... because somebody who gets banned from a forum, rejoins after begging the super for forgiveness is someone people should respect and listen to :)

Your other posts and that post dont excatly match up........ How can you saying Stoke and Sunderland are better equipped to finish 6th mean the same as that quote. They dont, your back tracking.

A bad state mentally ? Is that some feeble attempt to sound intelligent whilst mocking me ? If so.... poor show. Again im not going to let someone who feels the need to argue, mock and degrade people over the internet to feel better judge my mental state.

Put the kettle on !

First off all' date=' you say look to the future when talking about Liverpool's past. What's that all about :confused:

And Stoke :confused: Seriously :confused: You don't say Everton or Newcastle, but Stoke :confused: Direct style of play with a couple of big strikers isn't going to get you much futher then mid-table even when things go very well for them. There's nothing about Stoke, no-one is anywhere near to the level that Darren Bent is.[/quote']

I was just explaining to him how things have changed over the last few years, just giving an example :)

I did say Everton and Newcastle, why not Stoke, every season they're going strength to strength, slowly relying more on play rather than delap throw ins, we have to see though if europe doesn't have a major effect on their domestic season(very likely). These were all examples of how things had moved on, and how the gap has become much smaller between the teams.

You really arent as bright as you make out. The only thing that would get me close to tears is your sheer ignorance at other peoples opinions and in many cases facts. Whatever A2R thinks must be right :rolleyes: ...... because somebody who gets banned from a forum' date=' rejoins after begging the super for forgiveness is someone people should respect and listen to :)

Your other posts and that post dont excatly match up........ How can you saying Stoke and Sunderland are better equipped to finish 6th mean the same as that quote. They dont, your back tracking.

A bad state mentally ? Is that some feeble attempt to sound intelligent whilst mocking me ? If so.... poor show. Again im not going to let someone who feels the need to argue, mock and degrade people over the internet to feel better judge my mental state.

Put the kettle on ![/quote']

Seriously need a tissue?

I asked you to tell me what made you CLEAR favorites ahead of Stoke, you never replied.

And don't even start the debate about behaviour, you're just as bad as anyone else, so get a grip of yourself seriously.

No more off topic post from me!

JSA.

Seriously need a tissue?

I asked you to tell me what made you CLEAR favorites ahead of Stoke' date=' you never replied.

And don't even start the debate about behaviour, you're just as bad as anyone else, so get a grip of yourself seriously.

No more off topic post from me!

JSA.[/quote']

Your jokes and digs are horrendous A2R. Can i ask how you think your gaining anything over me or winning a point against me by repeatedly claiming im crying ?

A2R - Im not crying. :)

A2R, i just did, i may come across a little strong in debates, but people like you are of a different class. Thats why im not the laughing stock of the forum. If you have an issue with my behaviour PLEASE feel free to report my posts and send a message to the supers, devs, and fellow mods.

Pretty pwease super, pwease let me back on the forum... ill be a good boy now :rolleyes:

Ok ill answer why i believe we are better equipped to challenge for 6th than both Stoke and Sunderland. Now now A2R that doesnt mean i dont think they are good teams and cant challenge ;) By the way, where did i say were CLEAR favourites.... i just said were better equipped.

In the last four premiership seasons, Aston Villa have finished above both Stoke and Sunderland each season. Including this season when we went through the most difficult set of circumstances in a long long time.

So in recent history there is nothing to suggest that either have what is takes to be classed as more realistic challengers for 6th place than us. I must admit, Stokes 13th place finish this season was dazzling :rolleyes:

Probably worth mentioning that we scored more than both of them last season and lost less times.

I have no doubt in my mind your basing the assumption were not in a better position than Sunderland because weve lost both Ashley Young and soon to be Downing. Forgive me if im wrong but didnt Sunderland lose there top goalscorer and best striker ? Did they not just lose there young prodigy and one of the clubs greatest talents ? Onuoha was on loan..... They have lost players... and I would say that squad wise, our is better than both stokes, and sunderlands. We certainly need investment in certain areas, but what we do have is better than what they have.

Regarding the financial clout of each club, deloitte football rich list listed Aston Villa as the 20th richest team in the world in terms of turnover. No Sunderland and Stoke arent above us. Then we look at the chairman, Mr Lerner is worth more than both the respective owners of Stoke and Sunderland. With the sales from Young and Downing, i have no doubt that we certainly have the financial clout to out compete the like of Sunderland and Stoke for 6th.

Stats from opta.

Stoke scored 46 goals last season, 24 of which came from open play meaning a whopping 22 goals came from set plays. They finished 4th bottom in terms of the amount of goals from open play. Wow... your right... they really arent relying on long throw ins and corners to score goals :). Now scoring from set pieces doesnt mean your a poor team but Stoke dont score enough or do enough in open play to justify the opinion that they have the quality to push for a 6th place finish.

Probably worth mentioning that Sunderland also scored less than from open play than us.

We have better facilities in terms of training ground and academy than both stoke and sunderland (although Sunderlands is very good), more financial clout, more appeal to quality players ( Bent left Sunderland ), better squads and moe importantly we have proven it over recent history that were are better equipped to challenge for 6th.

Your jokes and digs are horrendous A2R. Can i ask how you think your gaining anything over me or winning a point against me by repeatedly claiming im crying ?

A2R - Im not crying. :)

A2R' date=' i just did, i may come across a little strong in debates, but people like you are of a different class. Thats why im not the laughing stock of the forum. If you have an issue with my behaviour PLEASE feel free to report my posts and send a message to the supers, devs, and fellow mods.

Pretty pwease super, pwease let me back on the forum... ill be a good boy now :rolleyes:

Ok ill answer why i believe we are better equipped to challenge for 6th than both Stoke and Sunderland. Now now A2R that doesnt mean i dont think they are good teams and cant challenge ;) By the way, where did i say were CLEAR favourites.... i just said were better equipped.

In the last four premiership seasons, Aston Villa have finished above both Stoke and Sunderland each season. Including this season when we went through the most difficult set of circumstances in a long long time.

So in recent history there is nothing to suggest that either have what is takes to be classed as more realistic challengers for 6th place than us. I must admit, Stokes 13th place finish this season was dazzling :rolleyes:

Probably worth mentioning that we scored more than both of them last season and lost less times.

I have no doubt in my mind your basing the assumption were not in a better position than Sunderland because weve lost both Ashley Young and soon to be Downing. Forgive me if im wrong but didnt Sunderland lose there top goalscorer and best striker ? Did they not just lose there young prodigy and one of the clubs greatest talents ? Onuoha was on loan..... They have lost players... and I would say that squad wise, our is better than both stokes, and sunderlands. We certainly need investment in certain areas, but what we do have is better than what they have.

Regarding the financial clout of each club, deloitte football rich list listed Aston Villa as the 20th richest team in the world in terms of turnover. No Sunderland and Stoke arent above us. Then we look at the chairman, Mr Lerner is worth more than both the respective owners of Stoke and Sunderland. With the sales from Young and Downing, i have no doubt that we certainly have the financial clout to out compete the like of Sunderland and Stoke for 6th.

Stats from opta.

Stoke scored 46 goals last season, 24 of which came from open play meaning a whopping 22 goals came from set plays. They finished 4th bottom in terms of the amount of goals from open play. Wow... your right... they really arent relying on long throw ins and corners to score goals :). Now scoring from set pieces doesnt mean your a poor team but Stoke dont score enough or do enough in open play to justify the opinion that they have the quality to push for a 6th place finish.

Probably worth mentioning that Sunderland also scored less than from open play than us.

We have better facilities in terms of training ground and academy than both stoke and sunderland (although Sunderlands is very good), more financial clout, more appeal to quality players ( Bent left Sunderland ), better squads and moe importantly we have proven it over recent history that were are better equipped to challenge for 6th.[/quote']

Why couldn't you just reply in a constructive manner like this in the first place instead of crying and spitting insults?

You go around threatening people with infractions, when you could infract yourself a million times.

Next time you come across in an abusive manner, i'll be sure to report it. :)

Why couldn't you just reply in a constructive manner like this in the first place instead of crying and spitting insults?

You go around threatening people with infractions' date=' when you could infract yourself a million times.

Next time you come across in an abusive manner, i'll be sure to report it. :)[/quote']

Why ?

Because i dont like you and i find it very hypocritical that you even ask me to do that considering the vast majority of your posts are highly antagonistic.

Where did i spit an insult ?

By all means do, who knows maybe ill have to beg just like you did.

That ok for you A2R ?

EDIT: You called me or others an idiot for no reason. Where did i throw a personal insult to you ?

Guest 1CapWonder

You go around threatening people with infractions' date=' when you could infract yourself a million times.

Next time you come across in an abusive manner, i'll be sure to report it. :)[/quote']

Haha, he didn't reply to any of your spot on facts. Brilliant!!

Haha' date=' he didn't reply to any of your spot on facts. Brilliant!![/quote']

What do you expect Elliot. We all know what a2R is like. Elliot are you getting a season ticket next year ? With my job I'm not sure if I can now. Might attempt to do as many away games as possible and some home games obviously lol !

Wish we would dip our toes into the Market lol !!

Wish we would dip our toes into the Market lol !!

Patience is a virtue:p frustrating it may be to see clear weaknesses in a squad' date=' things are moving

[url']http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7509164[/url]

An offical bid as been made, and it will most likely be at an acceptable value since they are prepared to sell-they have said 9 million at least publically. The price is not unknown, nor are Villa pursuing a player who the club want to keep hold of at all costs so it should be easier than other deals. So all that is left is for them to accept and agents agreeing a deal. The delay possibly being the accepting the deal to create a bidding war-many teams will be interested in N'Zogbia most likely but who bigger than Villa are interested? No-one I heard of but although I haven't heard of it Liverpool could be more interested in him than the more expensive Downing, with Downing more of a tradional winger as well.

And as for Milner returning, he would be a great player that Villa need, but I doubt that will happen really. And like all of the above has just been my opinion, I suspect that Milner will have to take a big wage cut to move back which doesn't rule it out but makes things a little trickier. All my opinion, but valid I think:)

2 more news from the US (probably heard them already but whatever). First is that Guzan could be put in any deal you guys do for Foster. Also all bidding for Given on a certain betting site has been suspended.

That will be good news for Villa fans. Some don't rate him very highly as he is not as great at dominating the box and claiming crosses as the very best keepers in the league but as a shot stopper he is very good. I personally believe the above about Given.

That will be good news for Villa fans. Some don't rate him very highly as he is not as great at dominating the box and claiming crosses as the very best keepers in the league but as a shot stopper he is very good. I personally believe the above about Given.

I don't think he's something Villa should want though. There is no doubt he's a great keeper, always has been. But with a constant Should injury and his age, they'll be searching for a new keeper in 2 years tops. Not too mention his wages and the fact he already said a year of little football hurt him for Internationals. Will pre-season be enough for him?

oh, and you're also linked to Diego of Wolfsburg after a "come-get-me" plead to Premier League clubs for him.

I'd love either Foster or Given. I personally rate both of them very highly and probably higher than Friedal so i'd be happy for one to arrive here. That said' date=' Brad was a beaver for us and I will always stand by him. He was immense for us[/quote']

Neither are better than Friedel. Foster pulls off the odd camera save but is generally poor IMO and Given is well off match fitness but if you can get him back in gear he'll be a good shot stopper but not much more. Decent experienced replacement though.

Patience is a virtue:p frustrating it may be to see clear weaknesses in a squad' date=' things are moving

[url']http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7509164[/url]

An offical bid as been made, and it will most likely be at an acceptable value since they are prepared to sell-they have said 9 million at least publically. The price is not unknown, nor are Villa pursuing a player who the club want to keep hold of at all costs so it should be easier than other deals. So all that is left is for them to accept and agents agreeing a deal. The delay possibly being the accepting the deal to create a bidding war-many teams will be interested in N'Zogbia most likely but who bigger than Villa are interested? No-one I heard of but although I haven't heard of it Liverpool could be more interested in him than the more expensive Downing, with Downing more of a tradional winger as well.

And as for Milner returning, he would be a great player that Villa need, but I doubt that will happen really. And like all of the above has just been my opinion, I suspect that Milner will have to take a big wage cut to move back which doesn't rule it out but makes things a little trickier. All my opinion, but valid I think:)

Iv read the Milner returning links before, Id be so unbelievably happy, words cannot describe ! We all love jimmy !! Stick him in the middle of the park, he can get the games he deserves and more importantly flourish and push on, like he was pre-man city. Like you say though its a long shot, if he did come back he would be at our upper wage bracket which i think is between 65-75k according to many sources. Think its 75.

Although Nzogbia is a obvious choice for us to bring in, im not sure if its just lazy journalism or there is any truth in the rumours. I tried not to get carried away, but id love Nzog at villa. Different to Downing yes.... but is he effective in what he does ? Yes. Albrighton could get 10+ assists next season if he plays through out, i have no doubt of that. He had a fair few this season and didnt play regularly from january onwards.

I don't think he's something Villa should want though. There is no doubt he's a great keeper' date=' always has been. But with a constant Should injury and his age, they'll be searching for a new keeper in 2 years tops. Not too mention his wages and the fact he already said a year of little football hurt him for Internationals. Will pre-season be enough for him?

oh, and you're also linked to Diego of Wolfsburg after a "come-get-me" plead to Premier League clubs for him.[/quote']

Id take Given, although injuries are certainly something to consider. With Brad we had someone who constantly played, the bloke is Iron Man.

Ha again ! I cannot see us going for Diego... i wish we did... was such a big fan of his.

I'd love either Foster or Given. I personally rate both of them very highly and probably higher than Friedal so i'd be happy for one to arrive here. That said' date=' Brad was a beaver for us and I will always stand by him. He was immense for us[/quote']

Nah i disagree bud, Brad is much better than the pair of those. He is a great keeper. Iv been involved in loads of discussions about Given Vs Friedal on the forum. Both good keepers but Friedal is one of the best in the prem.

Well press within west midlands are hazily linking us to N'Zogbia. With the story running repeatedly over a number of days. Iv said what i think of him, he would be great for us.

Rumour mill regarding Given and Foster continues, Monaco goal keeper Ruffier is also linked with us.

Sensationally we have also been linked with a season long loan for Sergio Canales. I like him, but i dont like the idea of loaning players in if there is no hope of signing them come end of season, and lets face it, there isnt.