Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Apparently Villa are interesting in signing Canales on loan (BBC Gossip). In my opinion I said before Villa could line up with a strong 4-2-3-1 and he could be a great attacking midfielder, but whether his form will be good is a little risk. He didn't play badly at Madrid but it was more a lack of game time, so it is a gamble signing a player who may not deliver (he hasn't done in a year). Of course all transfers can not work out as expected, and at least he showed incredible talent. Madrid with so many playeres may even let him go permamently if Canales decides he enjoys the first team football. Villa most likely could satisfy his money demands as well-they can pla ywhat he derserves but it depends what Madrid gave him.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Apparently Villa are interesting in signing Canales on loan (BBC Gossip).

I just think rather than getting him on loan and developing his play for Madrid we would be better served developing our own youth in that position along side the likes of Petrov and Makoun. He's a good player, but it's not like when we got Walker because we were short at RB (with luke young not playing well and only having Beye). We have a decent enough CM.

I just think rather than getting him on loan and developing his play for Madrid we would be better served developing our own youth in that position along side the likes of Petrov and Makoun. He's a good player' date=' but it's not like when we got Walker because we were short at RB (with luke young not playing well and only having Beye). We have a decent enough CM.[/quote']

He's not a CM though, very similar to the way David Silva plays, and he's an excellent young player, heard he'll most likely be off to Vilarreal anyway.

I just think rather than getting him on loan and developing his play for Madrid we would be better served developing our own youth in that position along side the likes of Petrov and Makoun. He's a good player' date=' but it's not like when we got Walker because we were short at RB (with luke young not playing well and only having Beye). We have a decent enough CM.[/quote']
He's not a CM though' date=' very similar to the way David Silva plays, and he's an excellent young player, heard he'll most likely be off to Vilarreal anyway.[/quote']

Exactly this really. What young AM's do Villa have? The thing is that Villa need one of starting quality and if Villa had that surely they would be in the sqaud already? Like Legend said, he is an attacking midfielder and very unlike Petrov and Makoun.

A Milner return would be good-he is a decent AM really. Would fans be willing to take him back though? Because with Barry there was some hard feelings, so what do people think about Milner returning? if it did happen

Exactly this really. What young AM's do Villa have? The thing is that Villa need one of starting quality and if Villa had that surely they would be in the sqaud already? Like Legend said' date=' he is an attacking midfielder and very unlike Petrov and Makoun.

A Milner return would be good-he is a decent AM really. [b']Would fans be willing to take him back though?[/b] Because with Barry there was some hard feelings, so what do people think about Milner returning? if it did happen

They'd be stupid not to!! He's a fantastic player, and was developing nicely at villa, it's a shame for him that he ended up moving.

I would be so p.... if Villa signed Nzogbia and we signed downing for nearly double the price, it makes no friggin sense!

Nzogbia is miles better, but oh wait ... Downing is English, who gives a _ _ _ _ !

If we went after any English players I would rather it be Milner (realistic) or AJ (won't happen as hes happy)

Hell I would rather sign SWP than Downing

I would be so p.... if Villa signed Nzogbia and we signed downing for nearly double the price' date=' it makes no friggin sense!

Nzogbia is miles better, but oh wait ... Downing is English, who gives a _ _ _ _ !

If we went after any English players I would rather it be Milner (realistic) or AJ (won't happen as hes happy)

[b']

Hell I would rather sign SWP than Downing[/b]

Wigan are after SWP. Some competition:p but his wages at City are probably high.

City won't sell Milner for cheap IMO. Look at Boateng-they paid big money for him and even though he doesn't play much they still expect other teams to pay a lot. So Milner most likely would be a very expensive option.

Villa have a chance for a quality player at a cheap price-even if Downing stays this is IMO a far too good oppurtunity to miss. The sooner he can be brought in the better as you said really.

As for selling Downing I don't think he will move. More than 10 million for him is pretty bad value so Liverpool may have plenty of tsrgets ahead of him. Maybe even N'Zogbia:eek:!

That will be an interesting bidding war

I dont think its a cheap price' date=' it will be about 10 million. It is however a good opportunity, Downing wont stay this season, even if he does ( tiny chance ) he THINKS he is a champs league player, he WILL want to leave.

I actually think Downing is a high priority for Liverpool or so the media are portraying, add to that the fact he is english, something else Liverpool are going for, i certainly think they want him quite badly. Arsenal are also apparently interested (LOL).

I would be so p.... if Villa signed Nzogbia and we signed downing for nearly double the price, it makes no friggin sense!

Hell I would rather sign SWP than Downing

Ha you being annoyed would make it even sweeter pal :P

Id love Jimmy back at Villa Park :(:o

wow..

We reject a 15 million bid for Downing.... I reckon they will come in again :D Boys were gonna get way to much money for him.

To be fair Villa clearly don't want to lose him as he is too important. So putting such a high price on him (at least 20 million by the looks of things) could easily mean Liverpool look for other options and Villa keep him though. While the signings of Carroll and Henderson were excessive at least they were quite young wheras Downing cannot contribute for the next 8 years like they can.

To be fair Villa clearly don't want to lose him as he is too important. So putting such a high price on him (at least 20 million by the looks of things) could easily mean Liverpool look for other options and Villa keep him though. While the signings of Carroll and Henderson were excessive at least they were quite young wheras Downing cannot contribute for the next 8 years like they can.

I can guarantee Liverpool will come in for another bid, maybe two. Clubs rarely go in with the maximum they are prepared to pay, and why would they ?

I reckon we would accept a figure around 17.5 million. Its certainly what has been touted in the local press and the figure we would accept.

Doesnt matter if Downing is 21 ! He will never ever justify his 12 million fee that we paid, and no where near the fee Liverpool may pay :D

I HOPE we sell him ! Age isnt a concern with Downing though. He is what, 26 ? Younger that what many believe players begin to prime, so its not an issue. More importantly, on top of the well published and public courting of Downing by Liverpool they need a winger.... and think he is their man :D

We gonna mug em !

Downing may move-Liverpool did the whole bid lower then higher again thing for Carroll and Henderson as well. Downing is also English which helps Liverpool as they don't have too many ATM. But I'm just saying that if Liverpool saw sense they would consider other options. Players such as Mata are unavailable so Downing may be the only option for them-in which case Villa can obviously push the price up.

I'm not saying he won't move, just that Pool with this offer rejected have a long hard think about other targets and if there aren't any better then bid again.

Downing may move-Liverpool did the whole bid lower then higher again thing for Carroll and Henderson as well. Downing is also English which helps Liverpool as they don't have too many ATM. But I'm just saying that if Liverpool saw sense they would consider other options. Players such as Mata are unavailable so Downing may be the only option for them-in which case Villa can obviously push the price up.

I'm not saying he won't move' date=' just that Pool with this offer rejected have a long hard think about other targets and if there aren't any better then bid again.[/quote']

Its not just a liverpool thing, why would anyone come in for a player with the maximum bid ? You would lose out on to much money.

If Liverpool saw sense... clearly they dont as they do want him. There are better options out there for 15 million let alone more yet im confident he will leave.

Good riddance.

When you consider we paid 17m for Young' date=' 15m for Downing would have been a steal. If you get more than that its even worse :P[/quote']

We have a bit more of a say with Downing. Young had one year left on his contract and was wanted by Liverpool as well. Id say we got a very good deal, we didnt mug you off but i think both parties are happy.

Downing has a few years left on his contract I believe, and i think we knew as soon as he said he wanted to leave he would. Were just holding Pool to ransom. :)

We have a bit more of a say with Downing. Young had one year left on his contract and was wanted by Liverpool as well. Id say we got a very good deal' date=' we didnt mug you off but i think both parties are happy.

Downing has a few years left on his contract I believe, and i think we knew as soon as he said he wanted to leave he would. Were just holding Pool to ransom. :)[/quote']

Yeah true. When you consider that you will probably get around 17m for Downing, you can then get N'Zogbia for around 10m. And imo N'Zogbia is better. Then you can strengthen your defence or midfield as Albrighton, Bent and Gabby should be enough fire power.

Anybody else keeping tabs on Villa's top 50 players? Id disagree with the inclusion of Gabby' date=' certainly so high too, and Carew :confused:

Any takers for McGrath not to be number 1 lol ?

Gotta be top 5.

[url']http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2387128,00.html[/url]

No way Gabby should be that high. I could understand around 45 or so but not above Dublin, Mellberg and Saunders. Dion should be top 10 just for the Savage headbutt alone.