Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers *

Really? I'm annoying? So does that mean all the villa fans commenting on the liverpool thread yesterday are also annoying?

If you have a problem with whatever i've said' date=' tell me. :)[/quote']

I have told you :confused:

You are very annoying and always have been.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Offical Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * kiss my butt villa

Re: Official Aston Villa Thread ! * no spoilers * I LOVE being a villa fan

Who's crying? :confused:

You said buying Bent is bad business [so you're talking about arrivals here]' date=' because Villa have sold his service (Downing and whopping 8 assists and all that) even tho they will no doubt replace those players adequately (N'zogbia + Albrighton are good players) and Bent will once again score consistently and get ~20 goals in the prem.

I really fail to see how that's bad business, when in essence Villa will have gained Bent, [probably'] N'zogbia and a little cash in exchange for one-year contracted Young, and one-season 'wonder' :rolleyes: Downing...

EDIT - Difference between you and the Villa fans is that they gave constructive input on why Downing is [obviously] not worth £20m, whereas you came and trolled...

Oops, looks as though you can't even read properly. And i don't see how i'm trolling :confused:

A2R your a plonker' date=' and you wonder why most people cant take you seriously.

Bent who relies on Crossing? dont make me laugh, Even if he did rely on crossing (which he doesnt) we have albrighton who is arguably a better crosser than Young and Downing and we could get N'Zogbia.....

just think 73 million for that britsih talent, Now thats fantastic buisness LOL ;):D.[/quote']

What does he rely on then? He's a penalty box predator, if you think of him as anything else, you obviously are a deluded 'plonker' lol!

I have told you :confused:

You are very annoying and always have been.

How am i annoying? I was just having a laugh, thats all, you just take me too seriously. :)

Oops' date=' looks as though you can't even read properly. And i don't see how i'm trolling :confused:

What does he rely on then? He's a penalty box predator, if you think of him as anything else, you obviously are a deluded 'plonker' lol!

How am i annoying? I was just having a laugh, thats all, you just take me too seriously. :)[/quote']

I see you managed to ignore all the [completely valid] points I made, as you have no answer to them...

You seem to have a habit of doing this, but that's probably because you're always talking rubbish and have no substance to back anything you say up with...

And, explain to me how I cannot read properly?

I see you managed to ignore all the [completely valid] points I made' date=' as you have no answer to them...

You seem to have a habit of doing this, but that's probably because you're always talking rubbish and have no substance to back anything you say up with...

And, explain to me how I cannot read properly?[/quote']

No they weren't 'valid' points, to you they may have been, but to me no.

I was talking about the departures of Downing and young in the post, not about the transfer fee of Bent, so try and read properly next time.

You said he relies on crossing, Even if he does cant albrighton and maybe N'Zogbia supply those crosses? we've made 36 million on two wingers one of which had 1 year left on his contract and the other had a poor first season and a good second season. which ever way you look at it Bent is more than likely going to out score Carroll who cost nearly double than what Bent cost

We would have been stupid not too sell for 20 million.

No they weren't 'valid' points' date=' to you they may have been, but to me no.[/b']

I was talking about the departures of Downing and young in the post, not about the transfer fee of Bent, so try and read properly next time.

explain how they weren't valid then???

I have no idea why they let people like you and hammer back, even if you do beg.

Alan Pardew on N'Zogbia: "I am told that Charles has got an imminent move' date=' so I don't think that will be us."[/i'] Replacement for Downing?

Almost definitely.

As good (IMO better) as Downing, for probably half the price (and possibly less wages?). Not the same type of player as downing though, much more explosive and likes to take players on and have shots at goal. He might be a bit more selfish than his predecessor, but I think he is much more of an attacking threat.

Great business there.

PS - When refering to 'good' or 'bad' 'business', it regards fiscal dealings, for those of you who don't know and are using it wrong.

*COUGH* this sarcastic comment

Fantastic business lol!

So you sign Bent in january' date=' a player who relies solely on crosses, and ten 6months later take away his service with the departures of young and downing. Fantastic business lol![/quote']

He doesnt rely on crosses. He can score of them, but he doesnt rely on them. Just because he is a predatory striker, how on earth does that mean he relies on crosses :confused: I cant remember more than a couple of goals he scored directly off a cross....

Really? I'm annoying? So does that mean all the villa fans commenting on the liverpool thread yesterday are also annoying?

If you have a problem with whatever i've said' date=' tell me. :)[/quote']

We said he wasnt worth 20 million... he isnt, and liverpool fans agreed. Hardly annoying ;)

Anyway....

Matty i hope thats a sign were signing Nzogbia immanently. I like him, and with him and Albrighton on the wings, who both bring different things to the team, im more than happy we are moving in the right direction.

If we can get Ireland playing well, and he is after a confidence player after all, i think the faith McCleish has put in him by giving him his lucky number 7 could pay off !

Im looking forward to this summer, few new fresh faces in the right positions,, everyone moving forward together :)

You said he relies on crossing' date=' Even if he does cant albrighton and maybe N'Zogbia supply those crosses? we've made 36 million on two wingers one of which had 1 year left on his contract and the other had a poor first season and a good second season. which ever way you look at it Bent is more than likely going to out score Carroll who cost nearly double than what Bent cost

We would have been stupid not too sell for 20 million.[/quote']

I've already said before, i dont think villa will spend the money coming in, obviously i may be wrong, and ofcourse you got great money for the two players, but they were crucial to villa's attack, and got the best out of bent. You seem to to say he doesn't just rely on crosses, but have yet to explain how...

explain how they weren't valid then???

I have no idea why they let people like you and hammer back' date=' even if you do beg.[/quote']

They weren't valid because he was talking about Bent, i was talking about young and downing, he's made himself look so stupid lol!

And i didn't beg, theres a big difference between asking and begging.

Btw' date=' do you guys think Ciaran Clark will play much next year? What's happening with the CBs at Villa? :)[/quote']

I would be suprised and a bit gutted if Clark didnt play an important role next season. Really good young defender, with a fair bit of potential.

I dont like Dunne or Collins but i imagine big eck will give them one more chance, however dont be suprised if Clarke does play, he just needs to take his chance.

Pretty pwease let me back :D

He doesnt rely on crosses. He can score of them' date=' but he doesnt rely on them. Just because he is a predatory striker, how on earth does that mean he relies on crosses :confused: I cant remember more than a couple of goals he scored directly off a cross....

We said he wasnt worth 20 million... he isnt, and liverpool fans agreed. Hardly annoying ;)

[/quote']

He relies on the ball getting in to the box, fully in the job description of wingers, i've seen bent play enough times, and when the support isn't there, he looks lost at times.

I said it wasn't really wise getting rid of villas best players, 1 person made himself look stupid, the other thought i was being annoying.

He relies on the ball getting in to the box' date=' fully in the job description of wingers, i've seen bent play enough times, and when the support isn't there, he looks lost at times.

I said it wasn't really wise getting rid of villas best players, [b']1 person made himself look stupid[/b], the other thought i was being annoying.

Hahahaha. I think we all know who that is ;)

He relies on the ball getting in to the box' date=' fully in the job description of wingers, i've seen bent play enough times, and when the support isn't there, he looks lost at times.

I said it wasn't really wise getting rid of villas best players, 1 person made himself look stupid, the other thought i was being annoying.[/quote']

You said he relies on crosses, you did not say he relies on ball in the box. Shock horror a striker needs support and balls played into the box :rolleyes: Other players can support him. Albrighton for one, Ireland, Nzogbia if he comes in, your making out as if because these two have gone he wont score.

It is wise getting rid of Downing, 20 million is ridiculous for his ability. Young wasnt sold because we wanted to, its because he had a year left on his contract and the biggest team in england wanted him. :rolleyes:

Hahahaha. I think we all know who that is ;)

Yes' date=' the boy who can't read properly.

You said he relies on crosses, you did not say he relies on ball in the box. Shock horror a striker needs support and balls played into the box :rolleyes: Other players can support him. Albrighton for one, Ireland, Nzogbia if he comes in, your making out as if because these two have gone he wont score.

It is wise getting rid of Downing, 20 million is ridiculous for his ability. Young wasnt sold because we wanted to, its because he had a year left on his contract and the biggest team in england wanted him. :rolleyes:

Balls in the box = young and downing. young and downing = gone!

Yeah i know 20m is ridiculous for his ability, so was 12!

Guest 1CapWonder

Yes' date=' the boy who can't read properly.

Yeah i know 20m is ridiculous for his ability, so was 12![/quote']

What decent wingers did Sunderland have when he bagged goals for them?

Yeah i know 20m is ridiculous for his ability' date=' so was 12![/quote']

That isnt what you said.. you said he relies on crosses. Can you admit your wrong now please... he doesnt rely on crosses.

So Young and Downing were the only people who can put the ball into the box :rolleyes:

Albrighton is more than capable of getting more assists than Downing, infact he got a similar amount, Young is a loss. But we can bring players in :)

12 was yes.... 20 is much worse.

Malbranque.

...Oh you said "good"' date=' must have misread that. ;):rolleyes::)[/quote']

Haha silly boys still here.

That isnt what you said.. you said he relies on crosses. Can you admit your wrong now please... he doesnt rely on crosses.

So Young and Downing were the only people who can put the ball into the box :rolleyes:

Albrighton is more than capable of getting more assists than Downing' date=' infact he got a similar amount, Young is a loss. But we can bring players in :)

12 was yes.... 20 is much worse.[/quote']

So wouldn't you class crosses as balls in to the box? Obviously there are other ways to get balls in to the box, but young and downing were crucial.

20 isn't worse, because he can actually run this time :rolleyes: villa paid 12mil for him when he had a broken leg, so now that he's fit, then he is worth 20(basing my valuation on what villa paid lol|!)

What decent wingers did Sunderland have when he bagged goals for them?

Don't know, hardly ever watched bent and sunderland, although last season Welbeck did very well for them :)

I'm not disputing that' date=' i'll change my mind when villa actually do sign nzogbia ;)[/quote']

Well if Alan Pardew has said he's near to a move that's not Newcastle, and Villa's statement says "We believe there are replacements available in the market who can strengthen our squad ahead of the coming season, and we are in discussions as such."

Does suggest that it probably is N'Zogbia, especially as McLeish wanted him when he was at Birmingham

So wouldn't you class crosses as balls in to the box? Obviously there are other ways to get balls in to the box' date=' but young and downing were crucial.

20 isn't worse, because he can actually run this time :rolleyes: villa paid 12mil for him when he had a broken leg, so now that he's fit, then he is worth 20(basing my valuation on what villa paid lol|!)

[/quote']

Did i say that ? I pointed out the fact you SAID he relied on crosses. he Doesnt. Your now back tracking.

Never questioned the importance of either of them either. I dont disagree with you, they were important, but can be replaced.

Just because we over paid, doesnt mean its a fair price that your paying now.